News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for winston89

winston89 Profile Photo
Member Name: winston89
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://benyellin.com
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Les Mis: What a Shame!!!  May 28 2014, 01:39:50 AM
Shit happens, people, I am sure don't intend to get there late. But, that's why they are called unforeseen circumstances, because, well, they are just that. Unforeseen.

Is row 1 to close for Rocky?  May 26 2014, 11:00:12 PM
I sat front row, a little off center when I saw the show (this was back when it was a lotto.) And, I felt that was a little too close due to the sets being huge. I wouldn't suggest sitting that close, you'd be better off with a TDF ticket since they most likely would sit you further back or in the mezz.
Les Mis: What a Shame!!!  May 26 2014, 11:11:23 AM
I just read that absurdly written rant. I can understand that one is a fan of Les Miserables. I am as well. But, at the same time there are two things that must be taken note of. Well, three actually.

The first one is minor, but the OP should note that "casted" is not a word.

Secondly, unless this guy was living under a rock, he should realize that this is the same new production that has been either on tour, or popping up in various places around the world for close to five y

Selling one 25 dollar ticket for Fly By Night tonight at Playwright's  May 19 2014, 11:48:32 AM
Anyone could also have a sense of compassion and realize that when it comes to something like a family member
dying you could have shown a sense of compassion. You could have done this by realizing that a theatre ticket or meeting someone to buy one were tiny issues compared to the big ones I was dealing with. Put yourself in someone else's shoes, if you have the ability to do that. You do realize that
with you dictating how I should have felt during
What basically was a time of mo

Selling one 25 dollar ticket for Fly By Night tonight at Playwright's  May 19 2014, 10:35:17 AM
Oh so I think I get it now. Death is something that everyone deals with differently. It's something where there's really no right or wrong way to do so. Same with the grieving process. It may take longer for some than others or it may very well be that people also deal with that process also do it in different ways and move on in their own time. So, pretty much what you're saying is that because I'm not you
And dealt with all this differently than you did makes me wrong?
If that's the ca

Selling one 25 dollar ticket for Fly By Night tonight at Playwright's  May 19 2014, 12:28:21 AM
HBBrock

The world doesn't revolve around you and your needs. If I got this right, you're still standing there with your undies in a bunch because after getting
What was shocking news I didn't automatically think of you and your needs. That it. If you had any shred of human kindness (which, judging from your reactions and posts lead me to believe you don't) you would have dealt with
Things differently. Anyone with an inch of human
kindness in them (which, like I said excludes

Selling one 25 dollar ticket for Fly By Night tonight at Playwright's  May 18 2014, 06:12:50 PM
My Grandmother died then you idiot. You wanna see the damn obit for proof since you can't seem to let things go and constantly have a bug up your ass for no reason?

ETA Furthermore, the next time you have a sad family emergency, and you post about it. I can't wait to be the first one in line to fill the entire thread with posts calling your issue bull**** and laughing at your situation like you're doing to me. If having your panties in a bunch is how you react over something minor, I w

Selling one 25 dollar ticket for Fly By Night tonight at Playwright's  May 18 2014, 05:14:06 PM
I have an extra 25 dollar ticket for Fly By Night at Playwright's let me know if you're interest via PM. First come first serve.
Just Jim Dale  May 16 2014, 02:46:48 PM

"Presuming Cabaret becomes an open-ended run, which it almost undoubtedly will, that turns it into a commercial engagement. Add in the fact that they've raised ticket prices for it and how is it still considered non-profit?

That's not totally true. Remember, the revival of South Pacific played at Lincoln Center theatre for a little over two years. And, that in no form or fashion changed Lincoln Center Theater's non profit status one bit.

While there are many technic

Views on colorblind casting in community theater?  Apr 21 2014, 03:47:30 PM
The only lead role in that show that I can see being done via colorblind casting is Benny. This is because during the course of the show he is given flack for not being Hispanic by Nina's father.
Watching 700 SUNDAYS Without HBO Subscription  Apr 21 2014, 01:34:27 PM
I saw it thanks to HBO On Demand. I saw it on Broadway and loved every moment of it then and loved every moment of it when I saw it last night on TV. However, I was wondering something. In addition to the show, there are shots of him in a house. Now, does anyone know if those shots were done in his actual Long Beach house that he grew up in, or was it just a studio soundstage made to look like his childhood home?
Rush Lines on Easter  Apr 20 2014, 07:35:13 AM
Since today is Easter, I was wondering if that might make general rush lines for shows a little bit less crowded? I know that folks go to church and do things during the day etc. Just asking, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Ordering tickets off the old telecharge  Apr 18 2014, 08:23:40 AM
So, we all know that the new telecharge website sucks. However, as I discovered awhile back in an older thread, if you go to www2.telecharge.com, it directs you to the old (and in my opinion) better telecharge page. However, I was just wondering, if I were to buy a ticket from that site, would it still go through as if I bought it off the new site, or will there be issues?
Crappy Lyrics  Apr 16 2014, 10:01:11 AM
Despite this show being a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, I hate the line, "there are bridges you crossed you didn't know you crossed until you crossed" from Wicked.
Bravo Ramin  Apr 16 2014, 09:52:11 AM
I think Carlos hit the nail on the head. I honestly feel that a vast majority of those who post here turn a small problem that is cell phone usage into an overblown bigger one. I go to the theatre just as often as everyone here. And, in my 18 years of going to the theatre, I think I can count on one hand the number of times that I have had an issue with someone and their cell phone.

And, for those that are on here, who jump up and down and say that it's against the law etc. My response

Is Buyer and Cellar closing?  Apr 16 2014, 09:30:16 AM
I just read in the New York Times, that "The Flick" was making an off Broadway return after having won the Pulitzer. The theatre that they announced that the show was going to was The Barrow Street. Now, I'm aware that if a show has posted a closing notice in one theatre, then it's okay for the following show to announce that they are playing the same space. But, I haven't heard of any closing notice for Buyer and Cellar, could I have possibly missed something?
Bravo Ramin  Apr 15 2014, 12:03:48 PM
Forgive me for going on a soapbox rant, but there are a few things on this subject. First of all, any actor who does this is not at all acting professionally. By yelling at an audience member, not only does your performance lack professionalism, but rather than focusing your energy on the dozens of people who paid to see the show, you're focusing it on someone who, as a result of their actions doesn't deserve the time of day.

I am far from a professional actor. I do theatre for the fun

A question about the Tonys and concept albums  Apr 9 2014, 01:09:23 PM
darquegk,

Interesting, I thought (though could be wrong) that Green Day said/felt that American Idiot was meant more to be a modern day Quadrophenia rather than Tommy. For example both albums (American Idiot and Quadrophenia) have a similar storyline in that they are both about a young man trying to fit in and find their place. I know that Armstrong has said that he is a fan of Pete Townshend's writing and as I said earlier (once again could be mistaken) he viewed American Idiot to be m

A question about the Tonys and concept albums  Apr 9 2014, 11:17:18 AM
Yeah, the case by case basis does make sense to me. So it sounds like if there is a concept album for a score that may not automatically disqualify it for being nominated for a Tony for best score.
A question about the Tonys and concept albums  Apr 9 2014, 11:00:36 AM
I was just wondering something out of curiosity. If a composer writes a score with the intention for it to go to Broadway, but releases the score as a concept album prior to doing so, could the composer still be able to be nominated for the Tony for best score?

I know that the rules changed after Pete Townshend won the Tony for best score. Tommy, although turned into a stage musical was never written with the intention of it becoming one. I know that after that happened, the Tony commi

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You