News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DancingShadows

Member Name: DancingShadows
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Gigi - The Parisians sheet music
 Nov 20 2017, 05:45:55 PM

Hi everyone, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where one could purchase the song "Parisians" from Gigi? I've been searching all over the place, but haven't been successful so far... Any tips would be appreciated!

Love for David Carroll
 Jul 20 2017, 05:08:09 AM

Hi, my friend and I are huge fans, so we set up a memorial website for him. We put up some rare footage and we'd love you to check it out :)

http://davidcarrollmemorial.weebly.com/

Rebecca - The Musical new clips
 Dec 31 2014, 02:59:18 AM
No, it's definitely not Brent Barrett either!
Rebecca - The Musical new clips
 Dec 30 2014, 06:10:42 PM
I don't know who this Maxim is, but it is not Julian Ovenden. His voice is completely different.
David Carroll in COMPANY (Someone is Waiting)
 May 11 2014, 03:58:37 PM
He really was amazing :) Definitely my favourite male voice of all times.

Here's "Being Alive": http://where-is-my-comb.tumblr.com/post/54242844186/youregonnalovetomorrow-david-carroll-sings

The full version of "Someone Is Waiting" is also floating around on tumblr, but I don't have the link to it at the moment.

Any early Tony Predictions?
 Jan 13 2014, 06:24:25 AM
Not that it changes anything, but Rocky is not exactly a success in Germany. And even if it were, Tarzan's been running there for six years now and that one was clearly not a hit on Broadway.

But well .. overall I'm VERY excited for the leading lady category, I really cannot predict at all who will take home the Tony. Hm.

Rocky, the musical in Hamburg
 Sep 9 2013, 02:44:49 PM
Not sure if this has been posted already, but the lead roles have been announced.

Male Showstoppers
 Jul 21 2013, 07:04:33 AM
I think "Love Can't Happen" from "Grand Hotel" is an amazing showstopper too!
Can DREW SARICH please come back to Broadway with ROCKY
 May 4 2013, 12:31:24 PM
Yes, she mostly works in Germany and Austria, although I think she has no projects lined up at the moment :) Her latest was "Ich war noch niemals in New York" in Vienna.

Well Drew learned German while he was working in Germany. Ann is french, but her family moved to Germany when she was a child. She attended a performing arts school there and earned a degree in musical theatre :)

ETA: My bad, apparently she'll be in "Hello, Dolly!" this summer in Bad Ischl.

May 4 2013, 05:06:46 AM
Well, one of Valjean understudies (Chris Murray) was at least half-german, I know he's bilingual and his CV says he's lived in USA and Germany. As for Drew - I am sure he'll keep working, I know he has a little project lined up for next summer, but I'm just saying his voice isn't what it used to be ... Based on several recordings.

And not to go off-topic: Seems like Josh Young is also being considered now for Rocky? I can't really see that, Andy Karl still seems more appropriate ...

Favorite songs from failed shows
 May 4 2013, 03:56:32 AM
I really love "I, to the World" from "Oh, Brother!" and "Model Behaviour" from "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown" :)
 May 3 2013, 05:41:14 PM
Rabekriegerin: well as far as I know it's been going on since Chess concert in the States, which was at the end of july! And then ever since Rocky premiered he's been missing quite a lot, he even said on his facebook fanpage he has a vocal injury and it looks like it hasn't healed yet completely. But no, I don't think he was missing so many shows as Krolock ...

Kelly2: Quite a lot of foreign actors work in Germany/Austria. It's not a new thing. Almost the whole cast of touring versio

Jekyll & Hyde to close May 12
 May 3 2013, 01:08:50 PM
Well that wasn't surprising at all. Sad for the actors, but what can you do when your show sucks HARDCORE? No idea why Wildhorn is still trying, tbh.
 May 3 2013, 11:08:06 AM
Well tbh, not many roles nowadays are a walk in the park! But he's really missing a lot of shows, his understudies perform quite a lot, I don't think he has been on for two straight weeks since december. And it's not like he has any side project either ... You can also hear how his voice has gotten worse in recordings ... Sadly.

And while I'd actually love to see Andy Karl originate the role, this show is probably doomed to flop. Come on, Germans love Tarzan and other not-so-good shows

May 3 2013, 02:40:05 AM
I don't think Drew Sarich will be coming over. Besides, from what I've heard, he can't do eight shows per week anymore, he's been missing a lot in Rocky and his voice isn't as good as it used to be, sadly.
CAROUSEL on Live At Lincoln Center Tonight at 9PM!!
 May 2 2013, 05:54:11 PM
I have just watched the broadcast and I have to say WHAT an amazing production this was. I loved it a lot. I was especially amazed by Jessie Mueller and Jason Danieley - their chemistry was amazing and they were wonderful to watch :) I also liked Kelli O'Hara, of course. Nathan Gunn - not so much, although I adored his voice. Shame about his acting. Tiler Peck is a lovely dancer, but I didn't like her acting ... Still, her dancing was one of the highlights for me :)

Anyone knows why P

Should they bring alfie boe to broadway in les mis
 Jan 25 2013, 03:47:41 PM
I like Alfie as a singer, but as an actor he just isn't my cup of tea, to be honest..

And YES to Brian D'Arcy James! I would LOVE to see that!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You