News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for emeraldmist

emeraldmist Profile Photo
Member Name: emeraldmist
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Mostly Sondheim at the Duplex, Fridays from 11-4  Nov 8 2014, 03:23:38 AM
I went here tonight, and oh my god, the talent I the room is amazing! We walked in here by chance and were in thrall! Texas and New York had a blast!
Code for $20 off first purchase on TodayTix  Nov 4 2014, 11:31:13 PM
and... I will a new one to the mix: NLPGC

I'm seeing One the Town for $20 tomorrow night!

Weather is cramping my style: Any discounts for matinees on Friday?  Jul 3 2014, 05:06:45 PM
If your app doesn't work, I wouldn't stress about TKTS being sold out, some shows release tickets right before show time, so if you don't mind having to hustle to the theatre, you can usually get great seats right before showtime.
Flyers for shows  Jul 3 2014, 05:00:33 PM
Stand in line at the TKS booth in Times Square, you'll be offered at least 15 of them.
600+ CDs, 300+ Playbills 4.95  Dec 18 2013, 07:15:34 PM
Broadway_14 - do you offer combined shipping for multiple CDs purchased at once?
Open post to the group from Texas at the 10/19 Kinky Boots  Oct 30 2013, 08:59:00 PM
As a Texan... can I just say that if anyone is willing to take in the jerks that the OP sat near... the rest of us will sell them to the first bidder and I will GLADLY throw in Ted Cruz! Every state has scum, the OP just got to sit near some of ours - Sorry!!!

And yes, as a whole - Texans are generally a loud and proud group - however most of us do know to keep that inside the borders.

Side note: as oasisjeff noted - one side effect of our "Texas-Pride" is that we do use Texa

Receiving playbill back without including postage?  Oct 30 2013, 08:40:33 PM
I would also recommend a making sure to send a stamped SASE.

While the usps.com website does not ship internationally (but Canada Post Office does!) I found this on the USPS website:
The online Postal Store currently does not provide international shipping for Postal Store products. If you wish to place an International Order, you can do so over the phone, by fax, or by mail as follows:

Mail Orders

Please send y

THE WINSLOW BOY Reviews  Oct 21 2013, 02:53:35 PM
To each their own, Goldenboy. I saw this play almost a month ago at the 3rd or 4th preview, and yes I saw a few bowed heads of those nodding off, but I thoroughly enjoyed the show. It was a Sunday matinee (day of the flea market) and sometimes I can find it hard to sit through a play at around 3:00pm on Sunday - but I was so fascinated by this show, and Rees in particular, that I had no trouble staying awake.

I usually don't agree with the reviewers on plays - but I am happy to do so w

Vocabulary Question: Limited Engagement  Oct 20 2013, 11:22:13 PM
"Not sure what a vacabulary is. "

It is a spelling error, I was just typing too fast and not paying attention. Thanks for letting me know - I have edited the original subject line.

Vacabulary Question: Limited Engagement  Oct 20 2013, 06:37:14 PM
Broadwaydevil: Thanks!

I was reading an article on Cabaret that did not mention a closing date - just the 24 week limited engagement. In the last 30 minutes I've read several more announcements of other shows and you are right. So far all the limited engagement shows that list a closing date include the preview period in the limited engagement time.

Thanks for the assistance!

Vocabulary Question: Limited Engagement  Oct 20 2013, 05:57:15 PM
If a show is playing a 24 Week Limited Engagement - does the 24 weeks start counting at opening Night or with the first preview?

I know that these shows often extend and could close early, but I am just trying plan a spring trip to NYC and make sure I can see all the shows I want to in one trip.
Thanks for your help.

edited to fix spelling in subject line.

Idina and Kristin Wicked reunion?  Oct 16 2013, 07:40:32 PM
Why does Kristin look like Steven Tyler? Really bad retouching.....

Side note: I am a Kristin (and Idina) fan and I think in person they are both beautiful. It is this photo that I do not like!

NYC Trip ... What should I see??  Sep 29 2013, 10:52:48 PM
I just returned from a weekend trip to NYC to see 5 shows. Based on that I recommend seeing:
* Kinky Boots
* Pippin
* The Winslow Boy (Play)

Yes, the Winslow Boy is long - but I found the comedic timing to be perfect and most of the actors' performances were engaging and all-around excellent.

Broadway Flea Market - Poster/Autographs  Sep 18 2013, 02:18:07 PM
Thanks for the fast answer Frogs_fan85.
Broadway Flea Market - Poster/Autographs  Sep 18 2013, 02:02:14 PM
I am coming to NYC this weekend from Dallas and I planned my trip around the Flea Market.

Can anyone who has been to the market before let me know if they usually have Flea Market Posters available? I saw one/some in a couple of pictures from previous years, but I don't know if this is something they have done every year and therefore I can reasonably expect them to have again this year.

I plan to hit up the autograph table a time or two and I am bringing a couple items for a

Sleep No More Tickets  Aug 26 2013, 12:14:19 AM
True, no discounts - but so worth it! wear comfortable shoes, don't wear glasses (if possible) and let your mind and feet wander!
When is 20 at 20.  Aug 25 2013, 11:55:44 PM
Thanks for correcting the link BroadwayGuy12!
Looking for some Off-Broadway suggestions  Aug 25 2013, 11:49:27 PM
Thank you all so much!
In January I saw Peter and the Starcatcher before it left Broadway (it was magnificent!!) and I did make Saturday a 3 show day with a midnight showing of Sleep No More. I really did enjoy it and and trying to see if I can convince the friend I am staying with to go before I get tickets. I want to experience it another time.

I will look into Buyer & Celler, and Two Character Play. Thanks - this is exactly what I was looking for - suggestions so that I can narr

Looking for some Off-Broadway suggestions  Aug 25 2013, 06:30:08 PM
Hello! I am headed back to New York for a theatre weekend Sept 19 - 22. The goal is 5 shows in 3 days (back in January I saw 10 shows in 6 days). I know that I want to see Pippin and Kinky Boots, and likely Big Fish. But I am looking for some Off-Broadway shows to round that out.

I am thinking about Unbroken Circle (mostly because I feel I know the most about it - I listen to SirisXM On Broadway about 4 hours a day).

I like both musicals and straight plays, comedy and drama. (

When is 20 at 20.  Aug 25 2013, 06:21:07 PM
FYI - the website is updated, and lists 38 shows that are participating.

edited to fix the bad link (Thanks for pointing it out, Dollypop.)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You