News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for King of the City

King of the City Profile Photo
Member Name: King of the City
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MATILDA Seating.....
 Mar 7 2013, 09:30:10 PM
Is there a lot going on? I hope my family doesn't miss anything major important. On a scale of 1-10 how much do I miss?
MATILDA Seating.....
 Mar 7 2013, 08:36:51 PM
Just got tickets to Matilda for a party of 5 and I was just wondering if anyone has sat here and can report back about out. The seats are: RIGHT PRTL VIEW ORCH Row A, Seat 20, RIGHT PRTL VIEW ORCH Row B, Seat 24, RIGHT PRTL VIEW ORCH Row B, Seat 22, RIGHT PRTL VIEW ORCH Row A, Seat 18, LEFT PRTL VIEW ORCH Row A, Seat 19.

We had trouble getting all 5 together so we had to get one seat alone will which most likely be me.

Thanks! Cannot WAIT for this show!

Is Matilda selling student rush in previews?
 Mar 5 2013, 07:38:22 AM
I hope they are! Reading those reviews I need to see this!
Hands on a Hardbody previews thread
 Feb 23 2013, 11:32:40 PM
Now I think I will be rushing this for sure next weekend. Glad to read these great reports as I have been looking forward to this since the transfer.
KING KONG Musical
 Feb 23 2013, 11:10:59 PM
Very intrigued by this! I wish it luck and am very interested in the piece. My memory may be wrong, but did they not say they wanted to have the Foxwoods Theatre not too long ago? (Although it might not even transfer. I'm just remembering the rumor)

Dress Rehersals
 Feb 23 2013, 11:02:08 PM
I saw someone posted recently a picture of the Hands on a Hardbody curtain from the dress rehearsal. I understand what the dress rehearsal is, but how do you get in to one? I know some are invite only, but those ones that are not, how do you get in? And how often is it that one is not Invited only? Just curious about this.
Original ACL
 Feb 23 2013, 11:12:48 AM
Thanks for that post Gaveston. I will definitely use that and look more into that.
TVs on stage?
 Feb 22 2013, 09:40:49 PM
bobs3 comment made me think of Speech and Debate. The first scene of the show used a large screen to show the chat message going on between one of the characters and someone in a chat room. I did not see the show but I have the script. Seemed like a great show though.
Original ACL
 Feb 22 2013, 09:22:21 PM
Eric, those where the exact shows I was thinking about when I was writing this thread! (Spring Awakening, Godspell, and Avenue Q) but I did not think of Hair.

I recently became more familiar with this show because it was a possibility that my high school might have been able to get the rights. I would hope to see this once again on Broadway although I'll give it time since it was just on and did not last that long.

Original ACL
 Feb 22 2013, 07:46:20 PM
Thanks for the link. I knew about ibdb but I never knew there was one for off-Broadway! Was there any other shows that transferred without having a preview process?

Original ACL
 Feb 22 2013, 07:23:58 PM
Most sources say the same thing and I was just wondering if anyone knew why?

I figured that would be the reason Eric, thanks.

Original ACL
 Feb 22 2013, 07:19:44 PM
I was doing research on A Chorus Line and I realized that it did not say anything about a preview period? Did this show just skip over that period because if its prior run and just open immediately. I know times are different and that it was a simple show (no sets) but don't most shows go through at least 5 or more previews? If that is not the case does anyone know what was?

TVs on stage?
 Feb 22 2013, 07:17:19 PM
Gaveston, Applause did use monitors in the first scene. I have the libretto and it does say that the "Tny Awards" Hoster appeared on a screen and then Lauren Bacall would come out and present. I would have loved to seen the show. I think it has a great script but it sadly would not do good like its initial success. But yes, they did incorporate monitors into the show.
TVs on stage?
 Feb 22 2013, 06:46:11 PM
^ Sorry, I edited it.
TVs on stage?
 Feb 22 2013, 06:42:29 PM
Many shows have used TV's as a part of the show. Avenue Q, both on and off-Broadway, have used two TV's on each side of the stage. I did not see this, but I believe in some pictures of The Whale, recently at Playwrights Horizons used a T.V.

*Might be considered more of an LED or "screen" type of thing, but Sunday in the Park(Roundabout revival) and Spider-Man use larges screens throughout the show. They definitely played a major part providing scenery and moving forward the story.

Talley's Folly PREVIEW
 Feb 22 2013, 06:34:05 PM
I saw this on Wednesday and I truly enjoyed it. It took me a while to get into, and they even make a joke along the lines of the audience being annoyed, but when I got into to it I did not want it to stop. The performances were superb and the writing was a little slow at time, but it was overall very easy to enjoy. The set was fine, it served its purpose. I sat in row G (which is actually the 4th row this time around) and had a great view. I would not recommend this to EVERYONE, but if you are a
Talley's Folly + a question about the Laura Pels stage
 Feb 21 2013, 11:31:48 PM
I saw Talley's Folly last night and I though it was FANTASTIC. I really enjoyed the show and the performances were great. This was the first time I was inside of the Laura Pels Theatre and I had a great view (Row G). The people behind me said that the stage of the theatre was destroyed after the run of If There Is..., causing the stage being moved forward and making the first row really C or D. Was this true or did I mishear them as I was being seated?

If you have not seen Talley's Fo

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You