News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gossipguy215

gossipguy215 Profile Photo
Member Name: gossipguy215
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

I Need Constructive Criticism!
 Aug 20 2013, 05:12:24 PM
Hello, I've been taking voice lessons for about a year now, and I think they've helped enormously. So, I've worked up the courage to post this video, to show you all where I am now. I need criticism so I can get better, and I won't be upset, as long as it's helpful. Thank you so much!
re: banned
 Aug 1 2013, 12:03:13 AM
My school actually is wonderful. There is almost no bullying at all, and teachers actually pay attention and care enough to put a stop to it. Like I sad, the how would have been smaller, with people having to get a permission form signed by both them and their parents, and I'm sure those not comfortable would have had the sense to not audition.
We've been considering this show for 3 year, but we've never had the right Albin until now, and now that we have the perfect cast put together, it's

Jul 31 2013, 11:07:03 PM
At my school, this is unprecedented. We have done worse shows with little moral value. We always know what shows we are considering, we were considering THE DROWSY CHAPERONE (no Chaperone), SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE (no Georges), SOUTH PACIFIC (no Emile), DAMN YANKEES (no Lola), and PIRATES OF PENZANCE (With our best sopranos playing Mabel and Ruth, the chorus was lacking). I was so happy to do LA CAGE, as it is one of my favorite shows. It was to be smaller, 8 Cagelles (4 boys, 4 girls) an
 Jul 31 2013, 09:55:11 PM
It angers me to no end that high schools can do (and have done) CABARET, SWEENEY TODD, and CHICAGO, all with theme bout the glorification of murder and abortion , yet this is what they choose to say is "inappropriate". Last year we did LITTLE ME, with our leading lady making her costume changes in font if the audience while doing her numerous monologues, most of which were sexual puns about which guys he was sleeping with. And this is a school of the ARTS!

Also, our productions are crit

"La Cage Aux Folles" Banned at School
 Jul 31 2013, 07:08:51 PM
Hello, My school, Marin School of the Arts, (at public school Novato High) has been losing auditions to decide our fall musical. It was between PIRATES OF PENZANCE and LA CAGE AUX FOLLES, but it was decided La Cage would be better since we didn't have enough sopranos. However, as we waited for the rights to come in, the school informed us that La Cage was "inappropriate" for high school. I was, obviously, furious. What do you think?
Bad Musical Ideas
 Jul 30 2013, 01:03:50 AM
A musical version of "Gone With the Wind".
Favorite Broadway song
 Jul 29 2013, 12:42:03 PM
"Losing My Mind" - Follies

But only when Dorothy Collins or Bernadette Peters sings it!

1985 Olivier Awards: Les Miserables: Patti LuPone
 Jul 27 2013, 09:40:21 PM
The one true Fantine.
Performances That Should Have Won A Tony
 Jul 25 2013, 02:45:18 PM
Dorthy Collins for FOLLIES.
Bad Musical Ideas
 Jul 24 2013, 08:16:01 PM
"A musical version of La Boheme..

You mean this"

That was my point.

La Cage Aux Folles - Original Production
 Jul 24 2013, 01:45:06 AM
This is a thread for people who saw this production to share their experience.

I discovered La Cage two years ago, and I have been obsessed ever since. The story really resounded with me and gave me hope at a time in my life when I needed it. I have never seen a production of it, but I own both the score and script, and treasure the OBC Recording. The way George sings "Mascara", "I Am What I Am", and "The Best Of Times" really moves me, and although DH was very good in the revival, no o

Bad Musical Ideas
 Jul 24 2013, 01:03:39 AM
A musical version of La Boheme.
Favorite show
 Jul 12 2013, 11:20:26 AM
Follies
Carousel
Evita
Sunset Boulevard

Annoying Show Followings
 Jul 10 2013, 11:43:27 AM
SA a "timeless classic like CAROUSEL"?

Only in Hell, baby.

Carrie the Musical: 1988 Original VS. 2012 Revival
 Jul 9 2013, 02:53:54 PM
Discuss.
Does Betty Buckley sign Carrie the Musical memorabilia?
 Jul 8 2013, 08:57:11 PM
After Barbara left the show (because she was almost killed by the set), the show transferred with Betty. Betty wasn't in it for as long as the rest of the cast, although I do assume she worked hard. However, in my opinion, Barbara's take n the role was truer while Betty was more "crazy". I know Margaret is SUPPOSED to be crazy, but I didn't feel the warmth from Betty.
Funny Girl - Boston Tryout
 Jul 7 2013, 01:59:18 PM
This is from the final night soundboard. You can tell because she starts crying at the end. This entire performance was her "all". It is amazing to listen to her pour her heart out in her performances of the ENTIRE show (she cut a lot of stuff out on some nights, sometimes ending "DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE" on "HERE I AM!"). This truly is Barbra at her best. I wish an audio of the try-out version of the show existed, or even a script. I am OBSESSED with FUNNY GIRL.
Favorite Villain Songs?
 Jul 7 2013, 01:05:09 PM
"The Smell of Rebellion" is from MATILDA, not ANNIE.
South Pacific 2008 revival
 Jul 6 2013, 04:15:58 PM
Here's what I found out about the video of the Original London Production:

"Urban legend (which may be true in this case) has it that this filming was completely forgotten about until someone discovered the original reels in an office at the Rodgers and Hammerstein Organization.

This filming also circulates in a version in which an attempt has been made to improve the visual quality by trying to simulate closeups whenever possible, by putting it in letterbox format, and by inse

Funny Girl - Boston Tryout
 Jul 6 2013, 03:58:42 PM
The show didn't get good reviews in Boston, although Barbra was supposedly amazing (I've also heard she was very inconsistent). There was a bunch of material cut, including 5 songs and "You Are Woman, I Am Man" was a solo of Nick. Does anyone know anything else specific about the tryouts and the difference from Broadway?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You