News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Talyn

Member Name: Talyn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Notebook - Original Broadway Cast Recording
 Apr 19 2024, 12:11:25 PM

Got a question regarding "My Days"....

I've been obsessed with the audio only recording from a preview performance where there is a passage where she sings "I pushed through the corners, with a love I found my days" (or something like that) and then the music pulls back a bit and she sings "i've only begun, to begin, to become what is in me" and then goes into "And finally I can say..." to the end of the song.  However on the cast re

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway, not the production seen in earlier previews!
 Mar 19 2024, 12:35:11 PM

Saw this during the Atlanta premiere and coming out of the show I said "They have a LOT of work to do to get this ready for a Broadway audience." My biggest complaints were the book, the songs and the direction (when your audience doesn't know where to look on stage, your direction is bad)... and it seems all of the same issues exist in this production as well. Being from Atlanta, I hope it does well, but I'm not holding my breath.

KATRINA WAS ROBBED!!!!!!!!
 May 9 2022, 11:23:50 AM

Highland Guy said: "

"

This only reiterates why Katrina wasn't nominated... she can't sing the role.  It's too breathy and putting emotion on the word instead of the note.

KATRINA WAS ROBBED!!!!!!!!
 May 9 2022, 10:36:14 AM

Let's just fix it by taking out Sutton and putting in Nikki Renée Daniels. That solves everyones problems.

Yes, I know Nikki couldn't be nominated. But her run in as Bobbie showed that she should have been in it from the get go. Nikki had all the emotional breadth that Katrina (supposedly) had and SHE CAN FREAKING SING IT TOO.

THE PROM Previews
 Nov 2 2018, 12:10:43 PM

JSquared2 said: "IdinaBellFoster said: "dukehead said: "Elegance101 said: "Sincerely Werk! said: "A few of my friends have been telling me about this musical and I've been thinking about getting tickets but I have question: Do you think they'll ever release a cast album? I've been DYING to listen to "The Acceptance Song""

They already recorded it!
"

Actually, no - they are recording it

THE PROM Previews
 Oct 24 2018, 11:17:06 AM

CoreyRyan3 said: "dramamama611 said:
“Passing judgement? The only way I see people even remotely doing that before if trying to decide to go or not. Just like you make choices about what meal to eat, movies to see - you get a sense of whether or not it seems like it's for you. Are you suggesting people shouldn't do so before buying a product? Ridiculous. While I see MOST of what opens on b'way, I'm not so financially well off that I'd spend money on something I don't think I'd like."

I think they were likely referring to some of the earlier comments like “this has flop written all over it” and “I think this is going to just be another Gettin’ the Band Back Together”. This is absolutely not. And while this show isn’t perfect, it will win many people over.
"

BINGO .

THE PROM Previews
 Oct 24 2018, 09:33:57 AM

It amazes me the amount of people that pass judgement on something before they actually sit down and watch it. 

Saw the original production in Atlanta and could not WAIT for it to transfer.  It's a straight up old-fashioned proscenium musical.  No flashy sets, no projections, no turntable.  Just a downright hysterical book (Bob Martin strikes again), some incredible performances (Level especially), fun choreo (i was about to bust out of my seat during the Act One Finale) and great music (I cannot WAIT to get my hands on 'The Lady's Improving'.  In my opinion, that's really all you need.  You can't wish for a show to be something that it's not and hate on it.

MATILDA Previews
 Mar 6 2013, 09:17:07 AM
So, there is a recording of Oona singing "Naughty" from the first night of previews out on youtube (who knows for how long).. The question I have, is are the girls in the Broadway version using a British accent? It sounds like it's not their native accent and seems a bit forced.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You