News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dallas Theatre Fan

Member Name: Dallas Theatre Fan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Charlie Stemp CRAZY FOR YOU West End - P/reviews & Discussion Thread  Nov 10 2023, 10:16:46 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "This is sad. The show was incredible! Makes me wonder if the plans of possibly transferring it to New York are still happening."

I unfortunately think the Broadway transfer is DOA.  The show only lasted for 6 months on the West End and they had to move the originally planned closing date from mid-Jan to 12/30 just shows how badly it was selling.  

Charlie Stemp CRAZY FOR YOU West End - P/reviews & Discussion Thread  Nov 10 2023, 06:13:50 PM

According to posters on Theatreboard the show is not selling tickets past 12/30.  It's a shame because I had a great time when I saw it this past summer.  

Broadway Flops succeeding in Europe  Sep 24 2019, 10:28:36 PM

9 to 5 is doing pretty good on the West End right now. 

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Jun 21 2019, 08:54:33 PM

two random questions,

1.) When did the show start doing short contracts for the leads?  Besides AFW and R. Lowe, the leads usually leave after 3-4 months.  

2.) When did the show start stunt casting?  I think it started around the same time the movie came out, but I can be wrong.   The show still stunt cast, but it doesn't' seem as much as they did about 10 years ago.

BEETLEJUICE Reviews  Apr 25 2019, 10:13:54 AM

i can hear the knives being sharpened across the ocean here in London. The critics are going to catty with this one. I’ll like to see what they’ll say about Alex Brightman’s performance.

LGBTQ+  Mar 19 2019, 11:32:20 AM

She will probably be bought out of her contract. This production is going to be tarnished by this scandal and I have no idea if it will able to recover. Plus, the actress might be blacklisted for a while from the West End.

Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?  Mar 14 2019, 01:39:03 PM

I know I'm 100% wrong here but, the middle right photo of Susan Boyle could be the X-Factor musical that flopped in the West End a few years back.

Once again, I know I'm wrong but that is what it reminded me of.

2019 Olivier Awards  Mar 5 2019, 10:09:00 AM

I don’t like that they grouped all six actresses from “SiX” into one slot for best supporting actress. Either nominate the best or don’t nominate any of them. 

Happy “Fun Home” got some love. I was scared they would be forgotten.  But, Zubin Vara was by far the weakest link in the show. 

I noticed that “Heathers” got no love which is not surprising.

finally, why did Ruthie Ann Miles get a nomination?

Pretty Woman - West End  Mar 3 2019, 09:56:09 PM

DiscoCrows said: "SomethingPeculiar said: "Actually, if Karl (and Orfeh) wanted to do 6 months in London, I bet the producers wouldpony up the money since he's an Olivier Award winner."

I'm probably thinking out of my ass, but I remember reading somewhere that Groundhog Day was going back to Europe, and that Karl was going to reprise his role as Phil Connors in a few years time.

Does anyone else remember this?
"

I think

Bette Midler in HELLO, DOLLY coming to London in 2019?  Jan 10 2019, 02:10:01 PM

I don’t want to be a Debbie down but I don’t think Bernadette can support a 16 week run on the West End. She isn’t that big of a name over there so they might try to get a big British name for Horace.

Bette Midler in HELLO, DOLLY coming to London in 2019?  Jan 6 2019, 11:08:01 AM

I thought Bette and Scott were doing this production as a passion project more than anything else.   It was always going to be hard to make money in this production.

The rumors about it happening at the Palladium are dead, Joseph is playing there over the summer so it will be at the Dominion if it happens.

Bette Midler in HELLO, DOLLY coming to London in 2019?  Jan 5 2019, 11:12:08 PM

I think Rubin will probably built a new set.  the Dominion has a wide stage, almost 40 feet!  So, most of the set pieces need to be elongated.

Bette will only still do six shows,  my dream is Donna Murphy is talked into spending a summer in London but, it won't happen.  The name being floated around is Jane McDonald and some even think Elaine Paige will be the alternate. 

Bette Midler in HELLO, DOLLY coming to London in 2019?  Jan 5 2019, 09:55:38 PM

The Rumors are starting to heat back up again.  16 week run (possibility of 20, depends on how Bette feels) at the Dominion over the summer.   No word on casting but, I think David Hyde Pierce is part of the package.  Rudin will probably try to talk Gavin Creel and Charlie Stemp into doing the run.  

I'm excited!!!

Avenue Q to close in April 2019  Dec 11 2018, 09:15:04 AM

I wonder if they are going to go meta during "For Now" now.

This show is only for now! 

Tiki Barber to join KINKY BOOTS in January  Dec 11 2018, 09:04:03 AM

They've sunk to the level of Chicago.  I guess the show was having a hard time filling up the house this winter.  I wounder why  the producers announced a April closing instead of a January one. 

BroadwayHD films West End's 42nd Street  Dec 2 2018, 11:08:30 PM

I thought I was share this tidbit of Irony.

The actor who plays Billy Lawlor, Ashley Day, was so ill he couldn't perform for the recording so, his understudy, Phillip Bertioli, went on instead for the recording.   I feel bad for Ashley because it he missed a chance to have his performance be preserved but, what an opportunity for Phillip.  

Talk about actual 42nd Street in 42nd Street,

The Stans and Falsettos  Nov 27 2018, 09:52:36 PM

Hello Everybody,

I just recently found out that the 2016 revival of Falsettos has a strong teenage "stan" following.  I was wondering because they thought the show is on the same level as Mean Girls or Dear Evan Hansen or was because they loved Andrew Rannells, Christian Borle and, the rest of the cast.  Based on the limited fan post I've seen is talking about how great the actors are at being gay, jerks, neurotic and not on how great the show is.  

What is Mean Girls stage door like?  Nov 13 2018, 02:35:36 PM

So for the cast that doesn't stage door to they just wait it out for all the fans to leave or, do they take the backdoor out.  I'm pretty sure the super fans would have already figured out where the backdoor is by now so, the cast probably has to sneak out now.

9 to 5 West End Revival Question  Nov 12 2018, 02:42:35 PM

No, the show is the UK tour production and, it has been rumored that the show is acting as a filler until Mean Girls is ready to transfer to London.

Wicked Casting for 2018-2019  Nov 12 2018, 02:39:09 PM

Michael Wartella has rejoined the show as Boq in the tour.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You