News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Steph_DeVo

Steph_DeVo Profile Photo
Member Name: Steph_DeVo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Specific short lines or lyrics that give you chills
 Nov 15 2007, 04:34:58 PM
I know this is so cliche (although no one has said it yet) but I LOVE:

"To love another person is to see the face of God..."
- Les Mis

A West End to Broadway transfer imminent
 Feb 17 2007, 02:57:16 PM
Martine was fantastic - I saw here on her first day back from being sick - and so she wasn't at her strongest, but she was still amazing. Jonathan Pryce is THE Higgins they need for Broadway. He was perfect.
re: Is it appropriate to add extra embellishments/ornaments/coloratura to a 17th/18th Centrury Italian aria?
 Dec 23 2006, 10:26:36 PM
It is appropriate the last time through a chorus or during a repeat of the piece....as long as the embellishments are appropriate to the time period....
re: '...The HELL?!' moments in productions
 Dec 14 2006, 01:32:01 AM
I think this last one takes the cake for me...Enjolras and Angelas? You've got to be kidding me!
re: She Loves Me! (and I loved her, too) - at Arena Stage
 Dec 3 2006, 10:47:10 PM
I LOVE this show - its nice to see it being done (and done well) to such a receptive audience...
re: Les Miserables 12/2/06
 Dec 3 2006, 10:35:45 PM
I just have to say thanks for these reviews...please keep them coming!
re: What songs from your favorite shows do you want your favorite actor/act
 Nov 1 2006, 12:50:02 AM
Aaron Lazar -- anything from LiTP...or anything at all...
Hugh Jackman -- anything...but I first saw him as Curly in London...so how about Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'...
Michael Ball -- Les Mis...
Anthony Warlow -- really anything, but I'd love Les Mis or Secret Garden...
Phillip Quast -- Stars
Adam Pascal -- One Song Glory, Your Eyes, or Suddenly Seymour
--------
Kelli O'Hara -- The Light in the Piazza
Lea Salonga -- pretty much anything...
Lauren Kennedy --

re:
 Oct 18 2006, 06:43:44 PM
LiTP
re: Hottest leading men
 Oct 18 2006, 06:43:20 PM
Hey - sorry to rabbit trail on here - where can I find the Les Mis rehearsal videos? Sorry - can't find it anywhere. Thanks!
re: White Christmas
 Sep 20 2006, 01:48:10 AM
sorry double post
re: White Christmas
 Sep 20 2006, 01:47:56 AM
^ let americaright think how they want...they're entitled to it....it IS a fabulous movie and I can't wait for the cast recording.
re: Longest Notes Compilation
 Sep 17 2006, 04:23:07 PM
Amazing 'cause its so high -

Colm Wilkinson
"Bring him Hooooome."
Bring Him Home
Les Mis

re: Question about Les Miserables Cast Recordings...
 Sep 10 2006, 05:56:11 PM
I know this is all old news for the original purchaser...BUT I will put in my two cents worth. I completely and totally recommend the 10th Anniversary recording. I have heard all of them, and have seen the show multiple times around the world and this is by far the best recording....and the DVD is fantastic. For a complete experience, definitely own the CSR.
re: What show do you want to be revived on Broadway?
 Sep 3 2006, 06:50:29 PM
I completely agree with the calls for a West Side Story revival. Also Miss Saigon, Parade, and Anything Goes. My new addition to the list is She Loves Me.

And I think the Trevor Nunn/Susan Stroman revival of Oklahoma! is better than the original...ah...Hugh Jackman. =)

re: what shows can you recite?
 Aug 24 2006, 10:58:18 PM
I can perform Les Miz on the spot, straight through. I could do Pygmalion too. With a little refreshing, I could do Phantom, Anything Goes, She Loves Me, Evita, The Sound of Music, Notre Dame de Paris and Oklahoma.
re: Foreign musicals
 Aug 24 2006, 10:50:57 PM
For those of you who don't know, Kristina från Duvemåla is by Björn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson from ABBA. Its based on the Immigrant novels by Swedish writer Vilhelm Moberg and is currently in workshops for an English production on Broadway....the music is phenomenal and the story is epic...Its going to be incredible.
re: 24601!
 Aug 24 2006, 10:35:24 PM
Anthony Warlow did record several of Valjean's songs, though, and they are phenomenal...
re: Most Erotic Musical?
 Aug 5 2006, 03:31:19 PM
I think Phantom has erotic moments in terms of the seductive pull of the Phantom...
re: 24601!
 Aug 2 2006, 03:03:56 PM
Colm Wilkinson...totally.

BUT, I also love the Australian cast's Anthony Warlow - he is brilliant, though I have only heard parts.

re: Songs like 'Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better'
 Aug 2 2006, 03:01:36 PM
A guy-girl duet where they are almost competing to compliment each other is Cole Porter's "You're the Top" from Anything Goes...very fun.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You