News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for moviegod

Member Name: moviegod
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Kate Baldwin - Sheen Center  Feb 23 2016, 01:54:30 PM

Anyone wanna go to the concert on 02/28? She'll be doing an all Michael John LaChiusa program at 730PM. It seems everyone's watching the Oscars that night. I have an extra ticket, so PM me if you're interested

Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, America, Kuwait - Extra Ticket  Jun 4 2015, 12:46:43 AM

Going to this tonight (Thursday) at 7, at the Gym at Judson. If anyone wants to come along, let me know, have a plus one available! 

Cagney the musical  May 25 2015, 02:03:22 PM

I saw it yesterday and it was a lot of fun. Basically if you love the studio era you'll have a fun time. Bruce Sabath who plays Jack Warner is such a delight, and for such a small ensemble (6 actors) it was astonishing to see how many characters they played with such ease. The two ladies (Danette Holden and Ellen Zolezzi) were particularly wonderful!

The show borrows from films of the era and also from musicals like "On the Twentieth Century" and yes, there is SO MUCH TAP! I couldn

THE QUALMS Previews  May 25 2015, 01:56:21 PM

Cursing, suggested cunnilingus, sex basically...the usual reason why movies get NC-17 ratings.

Which is rather interesting because the play is precisely about how much modern American society has repressed sex and indulged in things like war and racism instead. Very thought provoking stuff. 

Cagney the musical  May 22 2015, 03:39:31 PM

I'm going to this on Sunday! Hope it's good!

THE QUALMS tonight, have an extra ticket.  May 22 2015, 12:19:45 PM

Hey everyone!

I bought an extra ticket to go see this show tonight at 8PM, so if anyone wants to come, send me a PM. Ticket's free obviously, just don't wanna throw it away (and none of my friends seem to like theatre...crazy, right?)

The Visit - Talkback with Kander/Miranda EXTRA TICKET  May 19 2015, 02:10:31 PM

"Hey everyone!
If anyone wants to come to this performance tomorrow at 7PM let me know. I have an extra ticket and don't want to see it go to waste!!!!! No charge obviously, just send me a PM and let's set something up.
 "

UPDATE: Ticket's gone! (Don't know how to delete the thread though, so apologies)

PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE AN OFF BROADWAY SHOW FOR JUNE!!  May 19 2015, 01:43:02 PM

Clinton is a LOT of fun!

The Flick is essential viewing I think. LOVED it.

I really liked Amanda Seyfried in The Way We Get By as well, so if that's still playing I'd recommend it.

The Visit - Talkback with Kander/Miranda EXTRA TICKET  May 19 2015, 12:55:12 PM

Hey everyone!

If anyone wants to come to this performance tomorrow at 7PM let me know. I have an extra ticket and don't want to see it go to waste!!!!! No charge obviously, just send me a PM and let's set something up.

VIDEO - Exclusive Peek of New Muscials at NYMF  Jul 5 2013, 05:07:04 PM
I'm very intrigued by Julian Po cause I NEVER EVER thought they'd turn that movie into anything else...Also, that song from "Legacy Falls" sounds lovely.
"Lucky Guy" Music Question.  Jun 7 2013, 03:20:33 PM
Anyone remembers the songs they played before the show starts? I have this one song stuck in my head and I can't figure out who sings it. It said something about "set me free".

Yes, I know I should've Shazamed it, but woulda, coulda, shoulda...

Anyhoo, my OCD thanks you in advance.

FAR FROM HEAVEN first preview?  May 30 2013, 02:58:46 PM
I did and it was fairly easy to get in. Got to the theater at 630PM on a Tuesday, signed up and 25 minutes later they called my name. They only take cash though! The show was a real treat too, so hope you get your ti!
SHOWGIRLS THE MUSICAL!  May 16 2013, 02:45:21 PM
I agree with Rainbowhigh23, the show was wonderful last night. Rena did a terrific job (she hasn't aged a single day!) and was super nice to her fans after the show ended. Apparently she had a crowdfunding campaign trying to get here and she seemed SO happy to be there. Regarding the venue, my BF saw it at the original theater and said it worked much better at the XL, because if there is one show that lends itself to runways and a nightclub setting, it's this. I had a blast, every song was a hoo
FAR FROM HEAVEN first preview?  May 14 2013, 04:45:52 PM
I am dying to see this but now can't find tickets. Does anyone know where I can find resellers online? Tried StubHub and nothing. Also, do rush tix work if everything's supposed to be sold out?
F#%king Up Everything  Apr 9 2013, 04:15:05 PM
It was lots of fun. I had no idea what to expect, but it was lighthearted, entertaining and *gasp* sincere. I'm sure the cast and crew have no other intentions than to give audiences a great time and it's what they do. Crumm has all the makings of a true star, you can not take your eyes off of him and there is also a scene stealing performance from Lisa Birnbaum as an oversexed band promoter. After the show ended, my friend who was with me turned around and said "this is what I wanted from 'Once
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You