News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WalkingInSpace3

Member Name: WalkingInSpace3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Wicked 1st National Tour to go non-equity?
 Jan 21 2015, 04:08:12 AM
The first national tour will "close" after its stop in L.A., but I've heard rumor of the tour being re-contracted and relaunched. I wouldn't think there would be both an equity (2nd national - currently running) and a non-eq tour. Any info on this?
Pippin Rush
 May 17 2013, 12:56:38 PM
I haven't checked back at the theatre yet, but I'll probably head over around 4ish and go from there. I'll let you know how it goes.

Update: I was back at the theatre by 4 and about 20 other people lined up behind me shortly after. We waited until about 6:15 when the last pair of tickets sold and they stated selling SRO. The view is fantastic from the back of the house, as The Music Box is a pretty intimate theatre. I could go on for days about the show; it's just gorgeous.

Pippin Rush
 May 17 2013, 11:39:30 AM
Being a Friday night and everything I hope they sell out. I guess I'll stick around and check back every so often. Thanks!
Pippin Rush
 May 17 2013, 11:31:49 AM
Thanks! Would I have to be that annoying person and keep asking the box office, or do they post a sign or something?
Pippin Rush
 May 17 2013, 11:23:00 AM
Anyone know what time I should get there for SRO?

I tried rushing this morning, got there at exactly 8am and was about 30-35th in line (wow) so I pretty much knew I wasn't getting a rush ticket, but stuck around anyway. After asking if they were doing standing room tonight, I was told "maybe" and to come back after 6. So I'm just wondering what a reasonable time to arrive is in order to be one of the first in line, should they offer it.

Why are Non-Union tours so looked down upon ?
 May 2 2013, 07:55:54 PM
Not to mention the fact that conditions (and pay) for actors on many non-equity tours are less than favorable. An acquaintance of mine is on tour with West Side Story, and while he's happy to have the job, he's quite unsatisfied with the way he and his cast mates are treated.

What first made you fall in love theatre?
 Apr 5 2013, 08:01:45 PM
I was in 7th grade and my friend told me all about a brand new show called Wicked. I developed a rather embarrassing obsession with the show for a few years following that, which opened the door for me to discover the world of musical theatre. I now realize that Wicked is pretty mediocre, but I certainly owe my passion for theatre to that show.

MATILDA Previews
 Mar 24 2013, 05:23:18 PM
Long time lurker, but new member here. I'm trying to pick my seats for May; I'm leaning towards row C mezzanine on the left-center aisle, but I'm wondering how the view is from there. Does the balcony above obstruct any of the gorgeous set, and are facial expressions lost in the mezz? Any info would helpful, thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You