News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Cheetos Rivera

Cheetos Rivera Profile Photo
Member Name: Cheetos Rivera
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Shows that have one man and lots of women?
 Jul 25 2013, 03:58:50 PM
Hugh Jackman: Back on Broadway
Tony Award Bingo
 Jun 7 2013, 03:19:42 PM
That's not the complete card. It's from Broadway.com's Bingo game.

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/169956/tony-awards-bingo-play-along-at-home-with-the-ultimate-tony-party-game/

Kinky Boots Referee?
 May 29 2013, 03:18:36 PM
Wasn't it the one who broke his foot?
If you could pick one 2013 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
 Apr 23 2013, 04:55:25 PM
Keala Settle in HANDS ON A HARDBODY

MAMMA MIA! is Moving! Show to Transfer to Broadway's Broadhurst Theatre in Late 2013
 Apr 18 2013, 08:35:38 PM
My guess for the Winter Garden is 'The Bodyguard' or that Spice Girls musical, if it ever finds its way over.
The Big Knife First Preview
 Apr 14 2013, 11:21:06 AM
Uh...did you see him in Boardwalk Empire last season?!

In which he played an Italian gangster from New York...

Decision on seeing Matilda, Motown, or Kinky?
 Apr 13 2013, 11:06:40 AM
I would recommend Motown to absolutely anybody. Matilda is great, but tickets are probably a bitch. Feel free to skip Kinky and miss nothing. Consider adding Pippin to your list.
Orphans First Preview
 Apr 6 2013, 04:42:04 PM
I saw Friday night's show and absolutely loved it. Alec Baldwin didn't particularly do anything for me, but I thought the two boys were committed and gave ferocious performances. Tom Sturridge in particular; he is sensational and haunting.

In my opinion Sturridge will skyrocket to the front of the Featured Actor in a Play race, if that's where he ends up... although I'm interested to know what you all think about the Tony placements for these three, since they mostly get equal play. <

The Assembled Parties
 Apr 3 2013, 10:21:37 PM
I'll chime in here—albeit with a dissenting opinion. I'll echo that the performances of the leading trio were (quite unsurprisingly) very strong. And of course, the set was lovely.

But I thought the script was just one great confusing mess. Did I miss most of the plot points? Surely I was paying attention, but couldn't help feeling lost or uninterested when the curtain fell on Act I. I really had no idea where the plot stood, what was moving the story forward or why I just spent the las

HERE LIES LOVE Previews
 Apr 3 2013, 05:53:30 PM
"April, if people like it enough, it will go to Broadway. With that creative team, it seems like it's a no-brainer for a transfer next year."

The show is a total 3D experience and requires the audience to stand the entire time, a la FUERZABRUTA. I don’t think any Broadway house can host this show.

Tony nominations predictions
 Apr 3 2013, 02:16:53 PM
"um no. Kristine Nielsen for Best Featured Actress "

Thank you. Judith Ivey was FINE. Kristine Nielsen was a revelation.

The Big Knife First Preview
 Apr 3 2013, 12:29:46 PM
On a whim I caught last night’s preview. By the end I was wondering if there was room in that bathtub for two.

It’s a fine script with some great Odets one-liners, but it’s a painfully slow production in which good actors recite good lines under poor direction. Gorgeous set. Richard Kind’s the stand out. Cannavale played Cannavale. Everyone else is as forgettable as last week’s hummus.

2014 B'way Season
 Apr 2 2013, 11:53:22 PM
Mean Girls isn't going to hit Broadway anytime soon. Don't get your hopes up for a few seasons, at least.
Lucky Guy Reviews
 Apr 1 2013, 11:57:11 PM
"Brantley doesn't love it"

Did you read the review? It sure sounds like he did. Not quite a rave, but I would hardly sum up that he 'doesn't love it.'

So is Bertie Carvel featured?
 Mar 31 2013, 11:39:57 PM
"Not a single person on that list has material anywhere near as flashy or meaty as Porter's."

Meat flashes don't necessarily win you Tonys.

Teaser Poster For WICKED Film?
 Mar 31 2013, 12:03:05 PM
Ashley Judd as Elphaba? WYNONA as Glinda?
So is Bertie Carvel featured?
 Mar 31 2013, 10:34:55 AM
I predict that Bertie will be considered Lead. He'll face fierce competition from Billy Porter (who won't win), Rob McClure (who should win), Brandon Victor Dixon (who shouldn't even be nominated) and Jim Norton (who should also score a Featured nod for his sideburns).

EDIT: Oops, forgot about Anthony Warlow. So long Jim Norton.

Songs about the Press
 Mar 29 2013, 11:55:04 AM
"What Kind of Man" from CURTAINS
Best new song of the season?
 Mar 29 2013, 11:30:22 AM
Interested to hear your picks.

Mine would be "Joy of the Lord" from HARDBODY or "When I Grow Up" from MATILDA.

MATILDA Previews
 Mar 28 2013, 03:20:22 PM
"How is the score "unorthodox"?"

Perhaps unorthodox is the wrong word. Let's swap that with "random." Loved some of the songs. Didn't love others.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You