News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HandsomeLittleLiar

HandsomeLittleLiar Profile Photo
Member Name: HandsomeLittleLiar
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Copyright Issues for Biographical Shows
 Apr 21 2013, 02:50:45 AM
Hi all, I am in the process of developing a show about a now deceased celebrity circa 1950. I am just curious what the rules are regarding copyright etc? If it is all original material will using their name as a character in the show be a problem? I googled the name of the person's estate and nothing significant came up. Any help would be appreciated as I wouldn't want my partner and I to start work on something that later ran into problems. Thank you for any insight.
Help finding plays
 Apr 3 2013, 09:09:29 PM
Columbinus
Dog Sees God is a wonderful choice and features two scenes in their school where Beethoven is harassed for being gay and of course the confrontation scene where **spoiler** Matt breaks his fingers**

SMASH
 Apr 3 2013, 06:19:32 PM
Since there obviously won't be a season 3 I was sitting here thinking it'd be fun if they released a DVD of Bombshell. Most of the musical numbers have already been fully shot, albeit many with Karen but they could have the role of Marylin split much like the cast recording and shoot the remaining dialogue scenes. Just an interesting thought as I was watching Marylin in Manhattan on Netflix which is an interesting documentary.
Christine Pedi going into Chicago!
 Apr 3 2013, 04:31:06 PM
I never new that Kelly Osbourne played Mamma Morton in the West End. It's not surprising given Chicago's love of star casting but she is extremely young for that role and I'm surprised they didn't bring her in as Roxie or Velma instead. Was she any good?
If you could go back in time to see one musical which one would it be?
 Apr 3 2013, 04:24:14 PM
Patti LuPone in Evita

Joan Rivers in Fun City

Bonnie and Clyde, I rather like the score and had purchased tickets but it closed shortly before I got to see it.

SMASH
 Apr 3 2013, 03:31:12 PM
I just found it's placement interesting, on the "cast album" it comes right before Our Little Secret which in terms of the show could make sense as they made a point of mentioning JFK's fundraiser which could segue into Marylin's meeting/bedroom scene with JFK.
SMASH
 Apr 3 2013, 03:24:01 PM
Is the inclusion of (Let's Start) Tomorrow Tonight on the Bombshell cast album any indication that Sam's number will eventually be put into the show?
Shows With Water
 Mar 29 2013, 01:20:11 AM
I'm afraid The Little Mermaid is too ambitious mainly because of cast size and it taking place almost entirely in the water. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is an excellent suggestion. Someone had brought up the show Lips Together, Teeth Apart, I'm not entirely familiar with the show but know it takes place at a beach home on Fire Island, is it any good?
Shows With Water
 Mar 29 2013, 12:50:45 AM
Hello all. I am on the board of a new theatre company. We have a wonderful opportunity to stage a show at the end of the summer at an outdoor venue that contains a swimming pool where the playing space will be. I come to you for ideas for a show that a body of water (pool, lake, ocean, etc.) serves a part, large or small, in the show. We are currently considering shows like A Year With Frog and Toad or Big River, but would love some other ideas thrown around. We are looking for something with a
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You