News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 203bbf

Member Name: 203bbf
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Across America survey
 Apr 29 2015, 12:05:54 PM

I just got an email survey from Broadway Across America trying to gauge interest in possible touring shows, which included some that have already been announced, and some new possible tours.

They broke them into "New Musicals and Plays":

An American in Paris      

The Bodyguard

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nig

Fish in the Dark Opening Night
 Apr 9 2015, 02:40:12 PM

For Larry David's feelings on after parties, view this from the SNL40 show, last month:

(about 15 seconds from the end of the video)

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/snl40-audience-qa/2847164

On The Town Audience Rewards Seat Location
 Apr 2 2015, 03:47:06 PM

I went back in November, and it was similar - Orchestra Right, around row H, 2 seats in.

Audience Rewards just refreshed ticket inventory
 Apr 2 2015, 02:14:06 PM

Thanks for the heads up.  I've never figured out the rhyme or reason behind when things go up.  But it looks like they all go up at once?

Anyone have any insight on this?

Rush Tickets for Les Mis
 Mar 23 2015, 02:01:21 PM
I went on a Friday in the beginning of March, and was in line at 9:00 AM, 1 hour before the Box Office opened. I was 8th in line, and by the time they opened, there were about 15-20 behind me in line. I don't know if they limited the number of tickets, and didn't notice whether or not everyone got rush tickets.

There were plenty of empty seats at the performance, though. I'm guessing you shouldn't have a problem going on a Tuesday.

FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
 Mar 18 2015, 12:13:57 PM
I haven't heard any mention of it, but at the ART there was one more bit of "stagecraft" at the very top of the show involving Barrie and Tinkerbell, before the curtain rose, I believe. With all the revisions to the opening, does that still remain?

I don't want to describe it too much, but it was just as magical as the other two moments that people are alluding to.

Parade Concert at Lincoln Center
 Feb 17 2015, 10:22:34 AM
Are there any plans to release an audio recording of this (or any of the other Manhattan Concert Production)?
Is Nine a Bad Musical or Just a Bad Movie?
 Dec 4 2014, 11:21:23 AM
I saw it last year at some point when it was available on Netflix Instant and thought that, yes, it doesn't really hold together as a movie, but the individual musical sequences worked well on their own. In other words, cut out all the dialogue, and it's a series of really well done and interesting "music videos."
Mandy Patinkin Broadway Return?
 Jul 29 2014, 01:40:42 PM
He's doing a show at the ART in Cambridge (the Apocalyptic Vaudeville with Susan Stroman that averagebwaynut mentioned) for the month of May.
Finding Neverland seating queston
 Jul 21 2014, 09:14:11 AM
I have an actual answer to this! That front row is an added row of folding chairs they put in the raked section. They are on the same level as the last row of the front section, so your view can be obstructed a little. I sat there for Glass Menagerie last year, and the view was fine.
American Repertory Theater
 Jul 10 2014, 02:20:22 PM
I've sat in a bunch of locations, from the second row to the last row. They're all great seats. It depends on what configuration they use for the stage. I was in the second row for The Tempest last month, which had a normal raised stage, and the view was perfect.

I've never seen people looking for autographs, etc. after a show, but I did bump into Bryan Cranston at a nearby restaurant while we were getting brunch before a matinee for All the Way.

Trying To Lose Weight Keep Forskolin Slim
 Jun 20 2014, 08:59:19 AM
10/10 Would read again
Film version of ...GREAT COMET OF 1812 turns to Kickstarter
 Feb 13 2014, 12:42:08 PM
Absolutely agree with the weirdness of the pledge rewards.

I'll be perfectly honest - I would have pledged $25 for a digital download, but $25 for a "sizzle reel" (glorified trailer) isn't going to get me to open my wallet.

For comparison, Zach Braff's movie Kickstarter included a screening at the $30 level, and the Veronica Mars movie Kickstarter included a digital download with $35.

Most Epic Song Climax?
 Sep 12 2013, 03:52:57 PM
I know the show itself may not be highly-regarded, but I remember the Act I finale of Aida, "The Gods Love Nubia," being absolutely electric. Brought down the house.
EVITA national tour?
 Sep 12 2013, 02:17:02 PM
Saw it Sunday night, enjoyed it a lot. Maybe not as impressive as the full Broadway production, but isn't that to be expected?

Also, what's up with Providence? I usually attend touring shows in Boston, where they're always sold out, packed houses, but I've seen two tours this year in Providence with less than impressive turnout. Calling it half full would be generous.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You