News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DMC_Patinkin

DMC_Patinkin Profile Photo
Member Name: DMC_Patinkin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Feb 18 2014, 06:32:57 PM
I've gotten a response and favourite on twitter from the amazing billy porter

Also a short facebook convo with Lin Manuel Miranda :)

All The Way Previews
 Feb 17 2014, 11:11:00 PM
I personally hated this play (except Cranston who was brilliant).

I had to leave after the first act because my family just couldn't take it (They are not theatre people so they were even less happy).

I was thoroughly disappointed and now understand why most celebrities choose big name shows

A NY Moment (Meeting B'way Performers)
 Feb 17 2014, 11:07:15 PM
Love when this stuff happens but its always hard to know what to do/say.

I once ordered a sandwich on the way to a show and then looked at who was sitting next to me and it was Anthony Rapp. We ended up having a long conversation and it was awesome.

Feb 17 2014, 11:07:15 PM

I once ordered a sandwich on the way to a show and then looked at who was sitting next to me and it was Anthony Rapp. We ended up having a long conversation and it was awesome.

Feb 17 2014, 11:07:05 PM

After Midnight or Gentlemen's Guide?
 Oct 29 2013, 08:50:16 AM
I haven't seen after midnight yet but I saw A gentleman's guide in California when they were just starting out and I loved it. One of the most original shows I've seen in a while. It was hilarious and the music was great. I highly recommend it.
Best Play on Broadway?
 Oct 28 2013, 02:31:23 PM
Play: Glass Menagerie
Musicals: Pippin, Kinky Boots
New Musical: Big Fish

Am I the only one?
 Aug 25 2013, 09:08:28 AM
Okay, got this idea last night. Am I the only one who really wants there to be an all black cast revival of sideshow starting patina miller and billy porter (in drag)?
College audition options
 Aug 1 2013, 09:27:32 PM
What almost every casting director, director and acting coach have told me is that the song/monologue doesn't really matter, what matters is what you do with it. So don't be afraid of these pieces being too chiché, just act the hell out of them!
Could If/Then be the next Funny Girl?!?!
 Aug 1 2013, 09:25:00 PM
Its more of a rent reunion than funny girl 2.0

Its probably going to be amazing since Idina and anthony (who I recently met :) ) are mega-talents.

But as some people have already said, they're hardly un-discovered.
They have both had relatively long and successful careers and are both celebrities.
This may be a great for their careers but its hardly them being discovered.

Performances That Should Have Won A Tony
 Aug 1 2013, 09:21:50 PM
Alan Cummings - Macbeth
Not even a friking nomination!
Still infuriated about that.

Soul Doctor
 Jul 31 2013, 07:33:53 PM
I saw their performance and liked 2/3 of their songs. The woman playing neena Simone is amazing but the rest is just... Meh.
Matilda Mezzanine Row F View
 Jul 31 2013, 07:32:33 PM
All mezzanine seats are fine apart from the back row which my fried said has a very obstructed view
Kinky Boots understudies
 Jul 31 2013, 07:31:34 PM
I think that the understudies would be fine for s rolls besides Lola. I feel like it is an enormous task to even come up to the sparklers ankles of billy porter. This is a very tough casting gig and I'm curious to see how the understudies will do and to see (in the future) how other actors will interpret the fabulous Simon.
Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike
 Jul 31 2013, 07:28:46 PM
I have a feeling that while this show is amazing (I saw it and lived it) it won't run for too much longer for the sole reason that Sigourney weaver has left the cast. There are two reasons why this is detrimental to the show. Firstly, she was perfect for that roll and did a stellar job. Secondly, she was a century attraction that brought in crowds. Another note is that plays on broadway rarely run long and without a celebrity, this amazing show will sadly (most likely) end quite soon.
Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
 Jul 31 2013, 07:24:27 PM
I've seen Chicago once on broadway and once outside of New York. It's one of my favourite shows ever. But while I love the obc soundtrack I have to mention the Chicago movie. In my opinion, at least singing wise, it's better than the obc soundtrack. I love the movie so much that I've seen it 8 times. Now usually I find movie versions of musicals inferior, but in this case I think that it is extremely well done. If there are Ny Theater purists who have refused to watch the movie adaptation,
Carrie the Musical: 1988 Original VS. 2012 Revival
 Jul 9 2013, 05:51:04 PM
While it has been discussed, I personally really like this show and personally prefer the original production to the revival
Predict the winners of this year's Tony Awards
 Jun 2 2013, 03:16:36 PM
Best Musical: KINKY BOOTS
Best Revival of a Musical: PIPPIN
Best Book of a Musical: HARVEY FIRESTEIN
Best Original Score (Music and/or Lyrics): CYNDI LAUPER
Best Choreography: PIPPIN
Best Leading Actor in a Musical: BILLY PORTER
Best Leading Actress in a Musical: PATINA MILLER
Best Featured Actor in a Musical: GABRIEL EBERT
Best Featured Actress in a Musical: ANNALEIGH ASHFORD

Best Play: VANYA SND SONIA AND MASHA AND SPIKE
Best Revival of a Play: WHO'

Were people like this for Newsies and Once?
 May 26 2013, 03:18:38 PM
It happens often. I think its really fun to see which of the two wins and it raises the tension :)
Patti LuPone as Mama Morton?
 May 22 2013, 07:08:58 PM
Sorry But No

She is way above that and can do whatever she wants on broadway
She doesn't settle for roles, she owns roles

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You