News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for cknick

Member Name: cknick
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Phantom Closing?  Oct 14 2022, 10:59:22 AM

I heard from people involved with the show that an extension "due to demand" in planned and will happen. I also heard that the redesigned tour is what is planned for Broadway, not the edited original as in London. 

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Sep 7 2022, 03:38:17 PM

Does the Box Office issue refunds if Lea Michele is out? I realize she just started, but wondering if anyone had experience with this situation when Beanie was in? I'm trying to squeeze it into a work trip next month but really only want to see it if Lea's in since it will be tough to make it work. Thanks!

In & Of Itself off-bway final performance  Jan 26 2021, 05:50:31 PM

Watched this last night and loved it!  What a fun, intimate experience.  I can only imagine seeing it live.  

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Does anyone happen to know how they pull off the letters?

Tiny moments that have stuck with you  Oct 7 2020, 12:48:59 PM
In the 2013 revival of The Glass Menagerie - after Laura/Celia gave away her unicorn she sat at the small table tracing the spot where it was. A very moving and personal moment while the scene continued to play behind her.
Phantom Behind the scenes Book  Sep 16 2020, 10:41:37 AM

Fosse76, yes!  I learned about it from you post.  

I do hope we eventually get it! 

Phantom Behind the scenes Book  Sep 15 2020, 04:30:18 PM

Someone posted about this book last year when it was originally set to be published.  That's how I heard about it.  I just sent an inquiry to Applause Books, so we'll see what they say! 

The Inheritance - Previews  Oct 13 2019, 10:31:43 PM

Can someone please DM me to explain the staging at the end of Part 1?  I really want to know what could possibly make people sob so universally.  I read the play and found it to be quite thin and, to quote others, very much a glorified soap opera.  That being said, I had hoped to catch at least Part 1 last week when I was in the city, but my schedule did not match with theirs.  Thanks! 

LINDA VISTA Previews  Oct 13 2019, 04:12:57 PM

Falsettolands, I wouldn't say it's a brilliant production, but I do think the acting was all brilliant.  Especially the women.  So I guess my enjoyment came from watching them and less about the play itself.  I particularly found Sally Murphy to be riveting. 

And yes, the sound made me jump!  And I was paying close attention - I can't imagine if one was asleep! 

LINDA VISTA Previews  Oct 13 2019, 03:38:37 PM

Falsettolands, you really think that all those brilliant Steppenwolf actors were just "fine" ??  If you were the youngest person there, then perhaps are you just a bit too young to understand what you saw.

The Sound Inside TodayTix seats?  Oct 13 2019, 03:18:35 PM

Studio 54 really is a bit too big for this play, but boy oh boy do the text and these actors FILL that space. 

I just did the TodayTix rush and was indeed in the rear mezz.  I was row 2 or 3 on the aisle and it was a wonderful, clear view.  I was a little worried about distance with this being such an intimate play, but I could still see faces just fine.  I agree with the above, you will get so sucked in it won't matter.  That being said, I definitely would

LINDA VISTA Previews  Oct 2 2019, 01:42:56 PM
JSquared2, so I'm gathering. I'm a HUGE Williams fan, so missing one of his plays on Broadway is sad - but for a short trip to the city, I want every show to count!
LINDA VISTA Previews  Oct 2 2019, 01:36:47 PM
Can anyone else say if rush tickets through TodayTix have generally been front rows? Not keen on the high stage, but I'm thinking of trying for this over "The Rose Tattoo" which seems to be a lackluster production.
Choir = Phys. Ed?  Sep 9 2019, 04:04:54 PM

Isn't show choir singing and dancing, NOT just regular stand on risers and sing choir?

My high school didn't have show choir and I only did the "regular" kind, which was not exhausting.  All sports (including swimming) and marching band counted as phys ed credit.  Personally, I think theater is what needs to count.  The mental and physical demands are there to justify it.

I think any extracurricular activity that requires physical work should cou

The Inheritance casting  Jun 10 2019, 10:41:37 AM

VotePeron said: "As long as every role is played by an extremely attractivetwunkwith abs, I don't care. They are the only members of the gay community, after all."

THANK YOU!

FOSSE/VERDON  May 24 2019, 05:17:25 PM

Thank you, BrodyFosse123!!

FOSSE/VERDON  May 24 2019, 04:00:56 PM

Any reviews from anyone who has read the book?  I just got my copy today and can't wait to dig in once the show finishes. 

May 1 2019, 12:02:51 PM

Can anyone cite where she said she won't do any more musicals? 

I really love her and find her to be a brilliant artist.  Her Instagram stories are so inspirational and really hit home for me. 

Who is the phantom?  Jan 23 2019, 07:58:46 PM

Unless there is an understudy slip listing the actor's name, it should be whoever is listed as the Phantom on the main cast page in the Playbill.  I believe it's Ben Crawford right now?  Enjoy!

Call me by your name musical  Nov 9 2018, 04:33:57 PM

Absolutely not. 

Diana Rigg Leaving My Fair Lady  Jul 18 2018, 10:19:55 PM

Say what, exactly? One person said they were disappointed that she wasn’t doing an 8 show week, but in the same interview called her Eliza “definitive.” She did not personally attack herand was quite complimentary about her performance. I can’t imagine Ambrose, who’s been in the acting business long enough to have heard far worse, is concerned. If she is, well then, she needs to develop a much thicker skin.

Some of you would be amazed by the things

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You