News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for GymRat

GymRat Profile Photo
Member Name: GymRat
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Which show have you seen the most number of times?
 May 29 2013, 10:09:56 PM
I seldom see shows multiple times, but I saw "Once On This Island" at least three if not four times and I saw "Next To Normal" three times.
Broadway Stage Door Etiquette... is this weird???
 May 29 2013, 09:49:50 PM
Carly Rachel, any 15 year old interested in the theatre and concerned with its' etiquette is encouraging and a person to be commended. Let the uglier comments go. They are silly, inappropriate responses. They, in fact, display a sad lack of etiquette. Go on being wonderful and go see shows as often as you can.
Broadway Stage Door Etiquette... is this weird???
 May 29 2013, 12:06:23 PM
Hi. In general actors are warily amused at people who hang around the stage doors of shows. It is a curious part of the business and one that has required increased security measures in the past few years. The precautions taken at both the revival of "How To Succeed" and "Next To Normal" were significant.

If the character of Elphaba has resonance for you, as she does for so many young people, I suggest you write Gregory Maguire, who authored the novel, or Winnie Holzman and Stephen

Tony Awards Dress Code for Girls
 May 26 2013, 08:23:58 PM
The dress code at the Beacon was decidedly black tie. It is a much smaller venue. At Radio City the mood is laxer, but you need at the least a very elegant cocktail dress. I think you would feel foolish in sneakers.
FAR FROM HEAVEN first preview?
 May 26 2013, 02:56:00 PM
Jordan Catalano, as of yesterday there were plenty of tix available for tonight's 7:30 show!
FAR FROM HEAVEN first preview?
 May 26 2013, 02:27:04 PM
I saw this last night and it is easily my favorite musical of this season. There are many problems still to address and some surprisingly sloppy direction, but the story is heartbreaking and the music gorgeous. "Miro" will not leave my head. I prefer sets that simply get out of the way, so I had no problem with that element.

Kelli O'Hara is giving her best performance. The chilliness other posters have mentioned (and that I have perceived in the past) works well in this role.
Pippin GMA TOMORROW
 May 23 2013, 09:01:53 AM
By the way, responding to the elphaba.scares.me post, I have been working with theatre actors for nearly 25 years and I don't know one who doesn't adore Tony season. And the financial incentives are great. An actress I worked with last year made 20% of her 2012 take in special appearances the weeks between nomination and award dates. The actors who appeared on GMA this morning would have made the equivalent of an additional week's salary. It's standard and contractual.
Pippin GMA TOMORROW
 May 23 2013, 08:55:36 AM
They performed around 8:50 and were wonderful. Bits of "Corner of the Sky" (outside) then a studio "Magic To Do."
Timbuktu 1978
 May 22 2013, 03:28:19 PM
Timbuktu was lovely to look at: endless yards of fabric draping off nearly naked bodies. And such bodies. I remember being disappointed that they did not do the quartet version of "And This Is My Beloved," though Melba Moore's solo of it was ravishing.
Bette Midler as Dolly
 May 22 2013, 12:11:48 PM
There is a serious and shocking racism in this thread.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You