News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DeeKDee

Member Name: DeeKDee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Zachary Levi
 Sep 19 2017, 05:22:51 PM

Miss Jezebel DuPree2 said: "What ever happened to Craig Bierko??"

I last saw him in TV show "Unreal" on the Lifetime network.

As for Zachary Levi, he's not doing much right now except for doing the convention circuit.  This weekend you can find him at the Salt Lake Comic Con, where for $90 you can get a photo op with him.

He also recently moved from California to Austin, TX.

I am confused on so many levels
 Jun 20 2016, 09:13:49 AM

I was on the She Loves Me web-page last week and saw a notice that Laura Benanti would be out for several dates.  It currently says this:

"Note: Laura Benanti will NOT be in the following performances: Wednesday, June 22 at 8pm; Saturday, July 2 at 2pm; Wednesday, July 6 at 2pm."

I'm pretty sure the 18th was listed last week.  Not everyone is going to check a show's website before attending, of course.  But, if you

Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
 May 24 2016, 10:57:48 AM

Dollypop said: "Zac told me if there were further extensions, he'have to be temporarily replaced as his sister is getting married in CA and he has business commitments."

His sister got married last year. But, she is expecting a baby in July.  One business commitment is from July 19th to July 23rd.  But, we also haven't heard if he will reprise his role of Fandral in Thor 3, which goes in production in the Summer sometime.

I bought a ticket fo

Historic viewership for Tony Awards telecast?
 May 10 2016, 12:46:19 PM

HogansHero said: "I don't expect the skew to change but I do expect the absolutes to rise. Broadcast TV is, in case you missed the memo, the province of the old for over 99% of its offerings. 18-34 accesses the Tony Awards the same way they access everything else-social media. A large chunk of them don't even have meaningful broadcast access.

"

By comparison, the Grammy Awards on the same network has a median age 14 years younger (50) and is 17% 18-34

Historic viewership for Tony Awards telecast?
 May 10 2016, 11:24:50 AM

Other than the size of the viewership, my key question is the demographics of this year's viewership.

For last year's awards, the median age of the viewer was 64 years old.  Only 8% of the viewers were 18-34 year olds.  68% of the viewers were 55 or older.  (I have access to Nielsen data)

Will Hamilton change that?

She Loves Me reviews
 Apr 20 2016, 02:45:34 PM

ACL2006 said: "I've been hearing rumblings that Roundabout is trying to extend the show a few more weeks into mid-August. Basically depends on the leads in the show."

That's interesting.  I know that Zachary Levi holds an event outside San Diego Comic-con called Nerd HQ. His company runs it and he is a major participant.  They haven't formally announced it for this year, but most people expect it.  That dates would be July 21st to

Zachary Levi Interview
 Apr 18 2016, 05:16:04 PM

Stagedooring should never be seen as part of the theatre-going experience, and I tend to stagedoor. Actors don't owe the audiences anything after they take their final bow. IMHO.

I tend to agree with you.  While I think it's wonderful that he spends the time with his fans, I hope that people don't come away with the impression that EVERYONE should do it and any actor who isn't doing it is somehow being a jerk.  

It's not something the

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/27/16
 Mar 28 2016, 04:48:20 PM

Good to see She Loves Me maintaining last week's attendance at 97%, even with some discounting.

SHE LOVES ME Reviews
 Mar 24 2016, 02:18:30 PM

PalJoey said: " 

I liked Zachary Levi, and I liked that he brings such an audience of teenage girls to the theater. (I had no idea Chuck left him such a big star.) 

"

As a much older fan of Chuck, I have found many of his younger fans know him as the voice of Flynn Rider in the Disney movie Tangled.  Chuck has also been on Netflix and has picked up fans there.

She Loves Me Stagedoor
 Mar 21 2016, 04:23:27 PM

ldk2bsure said: "Ok so I am taking my wife on a 25th anniversary trip on 5/20 -21 to NYC to see Bright Star friday and She Loves Me Saturday.  I know she will love the stage Door thing.  but because prior planning presents poor performance where is the stage door.  "

The Studio 54 Stage Door is actually on 53rd Street, the opposite of where the front of the theater is.  There is a parking garage you can cut through, though.

Also, be aware t

She Loves Me previews
 Mar 16 2016, 01:21:34 PM

I saw last night's preview.  Laura Shoop stepped in for Laura Benanti last night and for today's matinee.  I didn't cancel my ticket because I'm seeing the show again and I was curious to see the understudy do the role.  She was good, but it will be interesting to contrast her with Benanti.

With Laura's illness, I'm curious about how that effects the critics.  I always heard that critics go to one of the later previews.  I thought last n

She Loves Me previews
 Feb 24 2016, 06:49:17 AM

Wayman_Wong said: "I love the party that Zachary Levi throws at the stage door. Does anyone know if he does that after every show? Did he do one after last Saturday's matinee or today's Wednesday matinee?

I saw photos on twitter from last weekend of fans posing with him.

"

She Loves Me previews
 Feb 23 2016, 11:09:46 AM

n2nbaby said: "Anyone know if the stage door has been super crowded?

I passed on your question to someone who attended and she said this:

"Let’s see.  Compared to “First Date” it was WAY less crowded, but it was pretty even with the crowds I’ve seen at the Les Miserables stage door.  BUT I also thought we had a very subdued and older audience at the first preview, too.  I think it’ll get more crowded

Finally won something cool...
 Jan 21 2016, 02:29:51 PM

I hope you share your reaction.

SHE LOVES ME Casting
 Sep 3 2015, 01:18:08 PM

Wilmingtom said: "Radnor is shooting the Ridley Scott PBS series "Mercy Street."  There's nothing "fishy" about the conflict.

That production is either finished or soon to be.  It shouldn't conflict with this.  Zachary Levi is in production of two series right now.

On the comments others have made about Zac being "too pretty", anyone who watched early seasons of Chuck know he can do "bumbling" pretty well

SHE LOVES ME Casting
 Sep 2 2015, 06:49:10 AM

RippedMan said: "Does seem strange. But maybe he got some big movie and couldn't turn it down? O some big TV gig? He's on the same level of success as Levi. I don't see either being too "in demand." 

Zachary Levi actually has been pretty busy lately.  Since Spring, he's been filming "Heroes Reborn", which is a 13-episode series airing in the fall. Then, he jumped immediately to LA to do a semi-regular role in Eva Longoria&

SHE LOVES ME Casting
 Sep 1 2015, 03:28:20 PM

Zachary Levi was great in First Date.  I've been hoping to see him back on Broadway since it closed.  I'm glad that he didn't take too long.

Deja Tuned
 Sep 25 2014, 09:01:09 AM
The article doesn't say this is "straight to series", so I'm assuming it's just part of the many TV pilots for the 2015-16 season and its fate won't be known until next Spring.

As someone else said, Galavant is coming up and I don't know how the success or failure of Galavant will impact NBC's attitude towards this as a possible series.

Krysta Rodriguez Lands
 Mar 6 2014, 05:32:24 PM
Given it's pedigree, it's one pilot that looks nearly certain to go to series. The Hollywood Reporter says the pilot will film in LA, but series shot in NY.
Neil Patrick Harris Says He WON'T Host the Tony Awards This Year
 Feb 7 2014, 10:05:52 AM
Yes, the audience is upscale and getting a younger audience is difficult, but I still think CBS would prefer a host who is under 60 vs. over 60.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You