pixeltracker

Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?

Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#1Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 11:05pm

I love the show and my family will be in town July 13.  I was wondering if there is a chance of another extension?

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#2Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 11:24pm

God I hope so.

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#3Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 11:36pm

icecreambenjamin said: "I love the show and my family will be in town July 13.  I was wondering if there is a chance of another extension?

"

Roundabout has a theater shortage right now with only American Airlines and Studio 54 for musicals. The new musical Holiday Inn is firm to start previews at Studio 54 on September 1st. 

There's not much time to spare. Also Roundabout has been advertising "tickets on sale through July 10th."

It doesn't look too promising. But I don't know how far in advance the new production needs the theater. Roundabout is fond of money and never likes to close a show if it's doing big business.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#4Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 11:46pm

The availability of the cast would of course be a deciding factor as well. 

Back Row
#5Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 11:52pm

If Laura Benanti is not available, I'd love to see Kate Baldwin take it on. She was terrific in the role when she played it at the Huntington Theater in Boston a few years ago. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#6Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/23/16 at 12:04am

Didn't the orginal transfer to a for profit production?

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#7Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/23/16 at 3:35am

I doubt it will extend if they would have to replace any of the leads, considering it's unlikely to extend more than another 2 weeks or so, if at all, because of theater availability. I supposed Holidays Inn will want the theater by August.

I guess it could technically transfer to a commercial theater, but it would be quite expensive to do so, and I don't even know if any suitable theater would be available on such short notice. On The 20th last year did just as well, or even better, at the BO and they closed by mid-July as well (with a very similar start-date).

Jayne3
#8Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/23/16 at 4:12am

Zac won't be available for at least July 20 - 24 due to an event that his company runs in San Diego during Comic Con.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#9Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/23/16 at 10:54am

Back Row said: "If Laura Benanti is not available, I'd love to see Kate Baldwin take it on. She was terrific in the role when she played it at the Huntington Theater in Boston a few years ago."

I would've loved to see Kate in the role! She'd be a magnificent successor to Benanti, but she's going to be doing Constellations with her husband in the Berkshires during the month of August.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#10Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/23/16 at 12:32pm

Now that Benanti has taken down that unfortunate video, the sky's the limit!!

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#11Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/23/16 at 12:35pm

Cupid Boy2 said: "Back Row said: "If Laura Benanti is not available, I'd love to see Kate Baldwin take it on. She was terrific in the role when she played it at the Huntington Theater in Boston a few years ago."

I would've loved to see Kate in the role! She'd be a magnificent successor to Benanti, but she's going to be doing Constellations with her husband in the Berkshires during the month of August.
"

Chiming in to say that Kate Baldwin just needs to come back to Broadway. Her Amalia was magnificent.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#12Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/23/16 at 12:43pm

givesmevoice said: "Cupid Boy2 said: "Back Row said: "If Laura Benanti is not available, I'd love to see Kate Baldwin take it on. She was terrific in the role when she played it at the Huntington Theater in Boston a few years ago."

"

Chiming in to say that Kate Baldwin just needs to come back to Broadway. Her Amalia was magnificent.

" I still think that Kate Baldwin would be magnificent as The Baker's Wife with Brian D'Arcy James as The Baker in Into the Woods.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#13Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/23/16 at 12:46pm

icecreambenjamin said: "I still think that Kate Baldwin would be magnificent as The Baker's Wife with Brian D'Arcy James as The Baker in Into the Woods."

I didn't even know I needed this and now I absolutely need this. Can somebody please make this happen sooner than later?

karen24 Profile Photo
karen24
#14Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/23/16 at 5:42pm

For what it's worth, I got a fundraising call from them recently, and the guy on the phone mentioned that there was "good availability" for the current extension weeks. If that's code for "not selling that well," they might not want to extend again, even if the stars' schedules align.

Maggie-the-schnoodle

Dollypop
#15Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/23/16 at 9:30pm

Zac told me if there were further extensions, he'have to be temporarily replaced as his sister is getting married in CA and he has business commitments.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

DeeKDee
#16Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/24/16 at 10:57am

Dollypop said: "Zac told me if there were further extensions, he'have to be temporarily replaced as his sister is getting married in CA and he has business commitments."

His sister got married last year. But, she is expecting a baby in July.  One business commitment is from July 19th to July 23rd.  But, we also haven't heard if he will reprise his role of Fandral in Thor 3, which goes in production in the Summer sometime.

I bought a ticket for the current "last performance" on July 10th and I see from the ticket site that more than half the seats are available.  I guess it's possible if it wins the "Best Revival" Tony they might reconsider, but I'm betting there won't be an extension.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#17Is it possible that She Loves Me will extend again?
Posted: 5/24/16 at 12:02pm

if anything, it would only be for another week or two. Levi's understudies would likely fill in instead of replacing him for the extra week or two. But don't get your hopes up if it doesn't extend ago.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Videos