News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwayobsessed

Member Name: bwayobsessed
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I am a massive theatre fan (obviously). I love acting as well as set design and at some point in my life I want to direct so I pretty much love every aspect of theatre.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  May 3 2024, 07:50:02 AM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "Thx for this correction. I thought W4E was fine, appealing, ok, but i had more fun at Lempicka, and was more moved by Notebook... the best thing about W4E was Paul Alexander Nolan who was overlooked. All very odd."

I agree (I haven't made it to anything yet) but W4E was the most "fine" show for me--nothing I loved (aside from the acrobatics), nothing I hated, it was just so mediocre of a show IMO. Lempicka had things I LOVED and

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 30 2024, 03:37:41 PM

I just bought a partial view rear mezz ticket to tonights performance thinking the energy will be really electric...hope i dont come to regret the partial view 

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 08:54:12 AM

I for one am thrilled Eden got in, incredibly deserving. I was very scared Lempicka didn't get shut out.

I am sorta surprised Water For Elephants got in. I saw it early so it may have evolved since I saw it but it was definitely the show I felt the least strongly about. 

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 30 2024, 07:18:20 AM

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Wow, Greg Evans (Deadline) is yet another journalist super strong on Lempicka...and I don't think I buy it. Eden could still get in, and there's a sliver of a chance for score because of the memorable songs. I just don't see it landing anywhere else given the reactions to it."

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's pro-Lempicka. It's my favorite out of the shows I've seen this year.

What’s Your Favorite Song From the 23-24 Season  Apr 27 2024, 08:26:43 AM

I think it has to be Great Expectations but I'd like to throw in Speed from Lempicka and the Past is Catching Up to Me from Gatsby as contenders.

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  Apr 22 2024, 07:04:08 PM

Huss417 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "FreddyMyLove2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "I hope Corey Cott's arms get some shout-outs."

Those arms are 99% of the reason why I'm considering even going.
"

I mean, he's also wearing just a towel for an entire scene in a sauna, so there's that, too.
"

From pictures I have seen it looks like he has shaved his chest. Tell me it isn't so. :)

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  Apr 22 2024, 05:32:16 PM

If they don't they're blind or homophobic

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 05:44:02 PM

MsPiety&Rectitude said: "PipingHotPiccolo said: "ColorTheHours048 said: "
I really feel like I’m taking crazy pills when people talk about this show like it was unfairly derided. To me, and to almost everyone I’ve spoken to about it in person, it’s a conceptual mess."

i hear you but i feel like *im* crazy because while these are perfectly legitimate criticisms of the show, and i agree with some of them, the response to

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 19 2024, 08:52:39 AM

Jonathan Cohen said: "bwayobsessed said: "I really liked it for what it was but acknowledge it's not perfect. I had one thought that I think would easily fix a major issue with it. She opens the show saying she had "two great loves" but you never really get to see the husband developed at all so it feels like they are focusing on the wrong thing. What if it opened with something like "I remember the faces of people I painted" and it flashes to the bar

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 18 2024, 11:06:47 AM

I really liked it for what it was but acknowledge it's not perfect. I had one thought that I think would easily fix a major issue with it. She opens the show saying she had "two great loves" but you never really get to see the husband developed at all so it feels like they are focusing on the wrong thing. What if it opened with something like "I remember the faces of people I painted" and it flashes to the baroness, her daughter, Suzy, Raphaela (in a somewhat similar w

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 17 2024, 10:47:08 PM

I saw the show last night. I was sitting behind a high school class and so many of them were crying at the end and seeing high schoolers really connect with a show was really powerful for me.

I enjoyed it. I thought the directing was very cool. I don't think any of the songs aside from Great Expectations really stand out tho... It's an extremely emotional story and it works. The bond between the brothers I thought was particularly well played.

I presume there were two de

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 08:41:18 PM

inception said: "Responding to bwyobsessed

Most people buying show tickets for hundreds of dollars want to know if they are making a good investment or not.

The critics need to give an honest accounting to their readers, otherwise they lose their credibility.

I love flashy shows probably more than anyone. But once you get past the "exciting" most people expect there to be more there.

Flashy, exciting shows like Moulin Rouge or Wic

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 07:17:31 PM

I'm very disappointed by these reviews. People are allowed to dislike things, I don't feel like the show is perfect but I do think it is very exciting in it's imperfection and I feel like not of these reviewers feel the same. 

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews  Apr 13 2024, 08:09:15 PM

I thought it was a good time. Nothing earth shattering but good fun. Corey Cott was fantastic in his big number and looks excellent always (his arms!). The full supporting cast was fun with Tamika Lawrence being a stand out. 

Gun & Powder at Paper Mill  Apr 13 2024, 06:31:34 PM

The voices are absolutely the strongest element. IMO

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 11 2024, 03:37:20 PM

Last nights song list:

Act 1

Unseen

Our Time

Starting Over

Paris

Plan and design

Don't bet your heart

I will paint her

Perfection

Wake up

Mama look at me

The most beautiful bracelet

Woman is

Act 2:

Pari will always be pari

The New Woman

Women

Stay

What She Sees

Here it Comes

Speed 

Just this way

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 11 2024, 11:54:53 AM

I saw it last night. (I can post a song list when I get home)

I'm reading a lot of people who hated it and are particularly critical of Eden here--I don't get that at all. I think there is a lot of things to love here. I definitely don't think it's perfect but I think it's fascinating. I think the biggest problem is there is too much going on. Everything is interesting but we lose focus in the main arc of the story when so many minor characters have big songs (Suzy

Gun & Powder at Paper Mill  Apr 7 2024, 06:02:17 PM

I saw it today! I was very excited to see having thought it sounded fascinating in production from several years back. I'll say the audience was on it's feet before the last note had finished being sung so I think it's a good sign. The vocals in particular on this are really incredible the 3 leading ladies and "kinsfolk" being the stand outs. I think the show starts and ends very very strong. There's a chunk at the end of act one and the middle of act 2 that I think

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews  Apr 6 2024, 07:27:40 AM

chrishuyen said: "As someone who saw this in Papermill and found it generally mediocre (mostly in the writing), I'm actually shocked at how improved this was tonight. Maybe part of it just had to do with expectations, because the characterizations are very much not the same as those in the novel and you just have to accept that, but I think as a spectacle musical it did a good job and flowed a lot better (though I still have some quibbles in the book, particularly in the second act). I won't get into everything now because it's late and I'm still thinking about what did/didn't work for me this time around, but I think the single best thing they did was give the opening song to Nick.

Here is the side by side comparison of the song list (left side is Papermill and right side is Broadway). I also noticed some expanded orchestrations (more violins, another reed and a French horn added)

The photo isn't showing...maybe it's just on my end. but i'd love see if theres an alternate way to post.

"

BroadwayWorld Announces Ultimate Best Musical March Madness Bracket - Vote Now!  Mar 30 2024, 09:41:35 AM

VintageSnarker said: "Les Mis trouncing Sweeney is appalling. Who is voting in this?"

Literally everything I voted for in this round is losing....

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You