News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CurtainsUpat8

CurtainsUpat8 Profile Photo
Member Name: CurtainsUpat8
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 4 2024, 09:49:19 AM

She was under pitch in much of Gardens of Annuncia.  To me it's a placement thing going on.... but she was pushing and in trouble back then. To be honest, I also thought she was incredibly boring in the show. It was painful for me to sit through because of her singing. It really turned me off from seeing Lempika. She sounds great on the clips I have seen, but almost everyone is commenting on her pitch problems, so I can't believe it disappeared. . I can't sit there for two an

Personal Non-Eligable  May 4 2024, 09:34:39 AM

The best performance I saw all season was Len Cariou in Tuesdays with Morrie. Mostly ignored.

THE WIZ Previews  May 3 2024, 09:39:05 AM

I saw the original production of The Wiz.  It was the first Broadway show I ever saw. I had played the album over and over and over. I loved the score!  However.... that original production looked cheap as well.  Parts of it was bordering on silly. The acting was over the top. Stephanie Mills sang beautifully but she was a terrible actress.  The sets looked cheap. It was a disappointment to me, even though now I am sure happy I saw it.   I am sorry to say, it suf

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 3 2024, 09:27:07 AM

I am a voice teacher. Eden's voice was in deep trouble when I heard her sing Gardens of Annuncia.  I wrote in my ShowScore review of that show that her voice was in trouble.  It's not an illness... it's her technique. It won't get better unless she does some major work on her voice.

Lempicka false advertising  Apr 21 2024, 09:41:43 AM

I saw Eden in Garden of Anunscia at Lincoln Center. She was in vocal distress during this show. She was singing flat all night. Her voice sounded ragged. I am a voice teacher, and I would say it is her technique failing, not an illness.. I was worried for her back then. I wondered how she was going to get through Lempicka. 

Operation Mincemeat Musical - London  Apr 17 2024, 10:50:04 AM

I hope it's not lost on anyone that it won over A Strange Loop, which was one of the worst musicals I have ever seen.

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway  Apr 9 2024, 11:30:18 AM

Opera has a much smaller canon of shows that are produced in general.

Yes, I can not go. That is the easy, lazy answer to my sincere comment. Broadway has become a disaster. Ticket prices, audience behavior, merchandising, etc......   The thing some of you are missing here is any sense of history. If you had been going to Broadway since the 70's, you would have perspective. You are 25 years old and you think Wicked is the most amazing show to ever hit Broadway. 

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway  Apr 9 2024, 10:55:33 AM

I am not writing this to be obnoxious. It's my honest view. Can we please have a one year moratorium on anything Sondheim?
I have seen almost every original cast since Night Music.  I love him as much as everyone. Let's move forward.

THE WIZ Previews  Apr 8 2024, 10:08:22 AM

"For today's audiences, this production may be just fine."
This sums up 80 percent of Broadway Shows in one sentence. Our standards have dropped so low. I have been going to Broadway for 50 years.

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 4 2024, 12:27:10 PM

I did not see this yet, but I did see Eden in Gardens of Anunsia at Lincoln Center, which she was in. I wrote in my review on Show Score that her voice was in bad shape. She was pushing, she wasn't breathing properly, she sounded like she might not make it though the run. I don't know what she sounded like as Alphaba (in a show I am not a fan of) but she sounded like she needed vocal rest and to start over with her technique.

Broadway Revival of Our Town?  Apr 3 2024, 11:31:15 AM

Richard Thomas is in the cast. He would be an amazing Stage Manager.

Jim Parsons, Katie Holmes, Zoey Deutch to Star in ‘Our Town’ Revival on Broadway  Apr 3 2024, 11:25:11 AM

I love Jim Parsons, but with Richard Thomas in the cast... I think I'd rather see Richard Thomas as the Stage Manager.

THE WIZ Previews  Apr 1 2024, 02:56:18 PM

I am not posting this to be negative.. 
I saw the original Wiz.  It was the first show I saw on Broadway. i think i was 17. I lived in a small town in WNY. I came to NYC for the first time after an 8 hour ride in a VW Bug.
I had listened to the album of The Wiz over and over and over. I LOVED the music and couldn't wait to see the show.  It was a long time ago, but I remember the production being very disappointing to me.  It looked cheap to me back then. Eve

Next Sondheim?  Mar 29 2024, 11:51:42 AM

How about we have a year moratorium on producing Sondheim shows?  I love him as much as anyone else, but theatre in NYC is just getting silly.

What is the Off Broadway show to see?  Mar 27 2024, 03:29:14 PM

One of the great performances of this season is being given in a church on East 16th Street. There are 70 seats.
Mr. Len Cariou in a beautiful production of Tuesdays with Morrie. 
Attention must be paid,
Mr. Cariou is absolutely brilliant in the role. Probably his last on a NY Stage. It's very special. I think the last performance I enjoyed so much was Glenda Jackson in Three Tall Women.
There are still tickets available.  It is running until

Bella: An American Tall Tale  Jun 1 2017, 07:26:36 AM

I thought it was brilliant. Not perfect. But brilliant. Highly entertaining.  The cast is really great. The production values are wonderful. It's a little crazy but I had a lot of fun. The score is wonderful. Ashley Kelley who played Bella is a star. Brandon Gill is so moving and competent. Yurel Echezarreta has a number in the first act which is flawless. After seeing Venus at the Signature, I think one place that Ms Childs goes off tract is that she doesn't really explain in an

DEAR EVAN HANSEN at Off-Broadway's Second Stage Theatre  Apr 15 2016, 11:52:36 PM

I saw this tonight. I am not going to get into the detail right now. Let me just say....This is the best musical I have seen since Fun Home and before that The Light in the Piazza. ( I haven't seen Hamilton to be honest)  I loved that it was an original story, not based on a book or movie. I don't care what negative things people have written here. Dear Evan Hansen will move to Broadway and next year Ben Platt will win the Tony.  Of course it's so incredibly early, but t

Charles Busch's CLEOPATRA  Apr 12 2016, 05:28:14 PM

I think you missed a rather heaping serving of irony and a double dose of camp..

I don't think I missed anything. I get it.

Charles Busch's CLEOPATRA  Apr 12 2016, 05:11:09 PM

I've been a huge fan of Charles Busch for decades. I didn't see him at the Limbo but I started seeing his shows right after he left the Limbo when Vampire Lesbians went off Broadway. It played at that little theatre near Washington Sq Park that NYU owns now.  I think the best I have seen was the original production of The Lady In Question when it was at the old WPA theatre in Chelsea. 23rd Street I think. It was just amazing. Over the years he has had some hits and misses. 

Death for Five Voices  Apr 10 2016, 10:17:32 PM

I thought the Times review was utterly unfair to this show. To the point of being snarky and petty. It's a shame because that review, as unfair as I think it was, probably turned a lot of people off from going . This show deserves to be seen. I don't know anyone involved in anyway with the show. It wasn't perfect, but it sure has a lot of great things going for it. That score! I think it is still running if anyone is interested. The review on the other chat board was very positive

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You