pixeltracker

Jim Parsons, Katie Holmes, Zoey Deutch to Star in ‘Our Town’ Revival on Broadway

Jim Parsons, Katie Holmes, Zoey Deutch to Star in ‘Our Town’ Revival on Broadway

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#1Jim Parsons, Katie Holmes, Zoey Deutch to Star in ‘Our Town’ Revival on Broadway
Posted: 4/3/24 at 9:13am

WHAT A CAST!! (And I’m happy for the Purlie Victorious reunion!)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lifestyle/arts/jim-parsons-katie-holmes-zoey-deutch-star-in-our-town-on-broadway-1235865161/amp/

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

inception Profile Photo
inception
#2Jim Parsons, Katie Holmes, Zoey Deutch to Star in ‘Our Town’ Revival on Broadway
Posted: 4/3/24 at 11:17am

By my calculations the estate only has 9 years left before the copyright expires and thus enters the public domain.  Having a recent Broadway production might inspire more regional theaters to mount productions in the coming years, and get the family some more income before time runs out.

CurtainsUpat8 Profile Photo
CurtainsUpat8
#3Jim Parsons, Katie Holmes, Zoey Deutch to Star in ‘Our Town’ Revival on Broadway
Posted: 4/3/24 at 11:25am

I love Jim Parsons, but with Richard Thomas in the cast... I think I'd rather see Richard Thomas as the Stage Manager.

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#4Jim Parsons, Katie Holmes, Zoey Deutch to Star in ‘Our Town’ Revival on Broadway
Posted: 4/3/24 at 11:30am

CurtainsUpat8 said: "I love Jim Parsons, but with Richard Thomas in the cast... I think I'd rather see Richard Thomas as the Stage Manager."

1000%, and I feel like Parsons and Holmes would be a much better match as the Webb's too. Odd choices there.

Sammy232
#5Jim Parsons, Katie Holmes, Zoey Deutch to Star in ‘Our Town’ Revival on Broadway
Posted: 4/3/24 at 1:40pm

CurtainsUpat8 said: "I love Jim Parsons, but with Richard Thomas in the cast... I think I'd rather see Richard Thomas as the Stage Manager."

Definitely agree - would love to see Richard Thomas as the Stage Manager

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#6Jim Parsons, Katie Holmes, Zoey Deutch to Star in ‘Our Town’ Revival on Broadway
Posted: 4/3/24 at 2:36pm

Yes, my thought, too!   Thomas seems to old for Webb, at nearly 73, he seems far better suited for the SM.

I truly adored Cromer's version (however many years ago now) and have my doubts that this can live up to my my very visceral experience with that.....but I'll let them try!

Oh, I didn't realize Mother Play  was a limited run!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 4/3/24 at 02:36 PM

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#7Jim Parsons, Katie Holmes, Zoey Deutch to Star in ‘Our Town’ Revival on Broadway
Posted: 4/3/24 at 9:38pm

dramamama611 said: "Yes, my thought, too! Thomas seems to old for Webb, at nearly 73, he seems far better suited for the SM.

I truly adored Cromer's version (however many years ago now) and have my doubts that this can live up to my my very visceral experience with that.....but I'll let them try!

Oh, I didn't realize Mother Play was a limited run!
"

To this day, seeing Cromer’s “Our Town” at The Hypocrits in Chicago is one of my favorite experiences inside a theatre I’ve ever had.  And every so often the smell of Bacon brings me back to that very specific moment in time and in my life.  I was actually in rehearsals for a Cromer directed WSS as a Jett when it was annnounced it would be transferring to NY.  Crazy to think what has become of his career since then. Not at all unexpected from us who “knew him when” but glad the rest of the world got to witness his Genius. 

inception Profile Photo
inception
#8Jim Parsons, Katie Holmes, Zoey Deutch to Star in ‘Our Town’ Revival on Broadway
Posted: 4/4/24 at 12:02am

When you're a Jet, you're a Jet from your first strip of bacon, to you're last dying day?

FosseTharp said: "
To this day, seeing Cromer’s “Our Town” at The Hypocrits in Chicago is one of my favorite experiences inside a theatre I’ve ever had. And every so often the smell of Bacon brings me back to that very specific moment in time and in my life. I was actually in rehearsals for a Cromer directed WSS as a Jett when it was annnounced it would be transferring to NY. Crazy to think what has become of his career since then. Not at all unexpected from us who “knew him when” but glad the rest of the world got to witness his Genius.

"

Videos