News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hanschens

hanschens Profile Photo
Member Name: hanschens
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://twitter.com/hanschens
Profile: hello

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jessie mueller
 Mar 16 2015, 04:40:04 PM
The piano is being fed from the MD in London. I could see the MD in the pit from the grand circle slips when I saw the show
Studio 54 CABARET Seating?
 Nov 28 2014, 12:59:24 PM
When I saw the show back in april I was in the last row of the mezz and it was a perfect view. It was unobstructed and you could still see faces. I didn't find it cramped at all (then again I'm just over 5'1")
Love Will Keep Us Together - The Musical??
 Oct 20 2014, 10:13:40 AM
Neil Sedaka has just been on the Alan Ticthmarsh show on ITV and said that a bio-musical is in the works.

Have any of you heard about this?

Damn Yankees or gay erotica?
 Sep 21 2014, 06:31:52 AM
To be honest it's probably a tactic to get people to go see the show as the Landor isn't in a particularly nice area.
Understudies:biggest disappointments/best surprises
 Sep 17 2014, 02:33:07 PM
The only time I've been disappointed by an understudy was when I saw Chris Holland as Jean Valjean in London. I honestly can't fathom how there's people out there who have him as their favourite. The man couldn't hit half the notes and stumbled around the stage. I can't even chalk it down to him having a bad show as my friends who have caught him at Les Mis have said the same thing.

I'm not really sure who I'd say would be my best understudy surprise is as I've seen so many understudies

Dear Mr Weinstein here are 3 suggestions for Finding Neverland
 Aug 17 2014, 05:30:54 PM
1) Get rid of Gary Barlow
2) No seriously, get rid of him
3) See above

Shows where your opinion changed?
 Aug 5 2014, 11:05:25 AM
I'm another one for Les Mis.

I used to adore the show (and have seen it more times than I'm willing to admit) but the last few times I have been to see the show I have been left feeling absolutely nothing and wishing that I could have gone to see something else. Saying that, I didn't find the current revival completely awful, but I can count the things I liked about it on one hand.

I don't what has happened to change my mind. It could have been the previous two London casts (wh

heathers
 Jul 8 2014, 12:21:55 PM
It's been made official now, article on broadway.com
Who was/is playing Pheobus in Hunchback?
 Jun 22 2014, 08:06:16 PM
I've always thought that it could be a great role for Andy Karl but I doubt it'll happen.
Simple Questions: Any and all responses are welcome
 Jun 17 2014, 04:39:08 PM
I buy a shirt if it's a show I really like, souvenir brochures if it's a show I haven't seen before/new cast and if they are available I'll get a magnet and a mug to add to my collections.
Awkward Stage Door Moments
 Jun 13 2014, 10:18:25 AM
Not Broadway but back in 2011 I was at the Les Mis stage door with some of my friends when Gareth Gates was playing Marius. I was a massive fan of him in the early 2000's, especially back when he was on Pop Idol. Looking back, it's safe to say that he was my first "celebrity crush", as much as you could have a crush on someone when you were six years old.

So anyway, my inner six-year-old was very excited at the prospect of meeting him after the show. It all went fine and he then went t

Restaurants in London theatre district
 May 28 2014, 03:25:49 PM
If you're still looking for suggestions, Fiori Corner is a cute and reasonably priced restaurant, opposite the Hippodrome in Leicester Square. I normally go there before a show.
Show Advice
 Apr 23 2014, 12:17:08 PM
I've seen both Heathers and Violet and I'd recommend them both. I guess it boils down to what kind of show you would rather see. Violet has a lot of heart and some excellent performances by Joshua Henry, Sutton Foster, Annie Golden and Colin Donnell, and Heathers is a hilariously fun and campy show.
JERSEY BOYS Trailer
 Apr 17 2014, 07:54:38 PM
I've been worrying since the announcement that this would end up like other movie adaptations but I'm glad to see that by the looks of thing I needn't have worried! The only thing that concerns me is the fact that Tommy and Nick don't look much older than Frankie and Bob.
Broadway Suggestions
 Apr 10 2014, 11:26:43 AM
I saw Violet last night and absolutely loved it, it's funny and has a message!
Violet Stage Door?
 Apr 2 2014, 02:31:47 PM
Is Sutton more likely to come out of the doors on 43rd street then? I'm travelling over from England this weekend and seeing the show on the 9th. I would really love to try and meet her after the show as I've been a fan of her for years but this is my first chance to see her live.
Cabaret previews
 Mar 22 2014, 10:04:03 AM
This is probably a really stupid question but do you have to buy drinks/food plates at the show or can you opt out?
Les Miserables
 Mar 2 2014, 03:55:39 PM
A friend of mine went to see the show last night and said that the beginning of IDAD is a capella like the movie and apparently one of Gavroche's Look Down verses has been changed to the movie version.

I'm not really sure what to expect with the cast, but I guess I'll find out on April 8th. (Although I am disappointed that I'll most likely be seeing Ramin's Valjean, I wasn't a fan of it the first time round in London)

ROCKY: Is there precedence for using photos of non-cast-members as logo/artwork?
 Feb 5 2014, 11:35:38 AM
One of the promotional images used for the West End production of Love Never Dies used a model for Christine and as far as I'm aware, although it is hard to tell because of the mask, the Phantom wasn't Ramin. I can't remember if they used the image outside the theatre, but I know that it was used for the cover of the souvenir brochures and on promotional leaflets.
Films That Should Be Stage Musicals
 Jan 10 2014, 01:52:53 PM
Personally I'd really like to see the movie Truly Madly Deeply turned into a musical, or even a 'play with music' like PATSC.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You