News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mormontorentandback

mormontorentandback Profile Photo
Member Name: mormontorentandback
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Book of Mormon tour cast
 Jun 19 2013, 01:45:15 PM
I have to chime on in about Platt too. While I think choosing him to play the role versus the likes of Josh Gad was definitely bold and didn't seem "smart", I really like how he took a bit different route. It's much more endearing and makes the whole idea behind the show approachable along with it's message and heart. Christopher John O'Neill took a similar approach and I am not sure I will be able to love this show without that interpretation of Elder Cunningham. It was really what made me love
BROADWAY SECRETS: Wherein we confess our controversial opinions
 Jun 14 2013, 03:21:37 PM
I don't like Spring Awakening and I feel Jonathan Groff was the best part not JGJ. I also really liked Lea Michele. And I do believe the score for SW is one of the most boring scores ever.

Patti LuPone is overrated. She is great in Evita, but otherwise her performances are recycled. The fact she won a tony and Bernadette Peters didn't for Gypsy irks me to no end.

Sutton Foster is the only Reno Sweeney I can stand. I felt her performance was the first time someone got the role

Matilda Orchestra Seating
 Jun 13 2013, 10:44:37 PM
I'd rather not have to sit in the balcony or mezzanine for another show, but the cheapest orchestra seats are up really close, Rows A-E. Will it be hard to watch (like straining-your-neck-to-see-whats-happening hard) or is it just seeing the stage from a weird side angle/don't miss any important action?

Which Rodgers & Hammerstein Classic do you love the most?
 Jun 13 2013, 10:16:53 PM
The Sound of Music, though I haven't seen Cinderella and I think I could really like that. I'm probably the one person in the theater community who doesn't like The King of I though. :/
ONCE new leads
 Jun 12 2013, 11:18:33 PM
I saw them their first night. They both were very good, one of the most solid performances from a cast I've seen yet. Both were funny and sang/played great. Darvill did sound like his range wasn't as strong as Kazee's during "Broken-Hearted Hoover Sucker Guy" but he made up for it and... it was hysterical to say the least. Impressive for debuts from both.
More interesting Disney theatrical news
 Jun 12 2013, 11:14:57 PM
I would be so so happy if they bring Hunchback to Broadway. That should be at the top of the list. The movie just breathes musical. And yeah, Stephen Schwartz needs a Tony too...
Matilda on Letterman
 Jun 12 2013, 11:08:44 PM
I wasn't a huge fan of this performance on Letterman. It may have been my phone's speakers acting weird but the sound of it felt off. The performance felt very cramped and a bit sad compared to others. The ones before felt much more fun and energetic, which I think I'm alone on that opinion.The stint on GMA was my favorite, but I won't say any of them were terrible, this one was just the worst.

The only thing I would say is they really need to start highlighting the singing in Naughty n

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You