Matilda Orchestra Seating

mormontorentandback Profile Photo
mormontorentandback
#1Matilda Orchestra Seating
Posted: 6/13/13 at 10:44pm

I'd rather not have to sit in the balcony or mezzanine for another show, but the cheapest orchestra seats are up really close, Rows A-E. Will it be hard to watch (like straining-your-neck-to-see-whats-happening hard) or is it just seeing the stage from a weird side angle/don't miss any important action?

Shows Seen (Broadway/Off-Broadway/Tours/Professional): Legally Blonde (Local Professional Theater, Spring 2012), Wicked (Broadway, July 2012), RENT (Off-Broadway, July 2012), Once (Broadway, April 2013), The Book of Mormon (Tour, April 2013) HOPE TO SEE: Matilda the Musical (August 2013)
Updated On: 6/13/13 at 10:44 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Matilda Orchestra Seating
Posted: 6/13/13 at 10:59pm

If I remember correctly, it's a pretty high stage, so I would avoid the first few rows...D might not be bad.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

jackieoh Profile Photo
jackieoh
#2Matilda Orchestra Seating
Posted: 6/13/13 at 11:09pm

Someone on here, maybe rainbowhigh, posted that she sat in the partial view seats in the orchestra and thought they had a wonderful view. I just spent about $100 on a partial view seat in the left orchestra, second row. I'm hoping she's right!

I saw a picture someone took of the front orchestra and compared to other partial view seats I've had, it looks promising. I can't wait.

musicman_bwayfan
#3Matilda Orchestra Seating
Posted: 6/13/13 at 11:50pm

I sat with a friend in the 2nd row facing the stage on the right side on the first and second seats in from the far aisle. It was the partial view price and we had a full view. There was only a few seconds where I had difficulty seeing and my friend next to me on the aisle could not really see anything that was written on the right side of the chalkboard because it was too far back, but that is not missing much.

jaxandmci Profile Photo
jaxandmci
#4Matilda Orchestra Seating
Posted: 6/14/13 at 12:02am

I sat in A17 and thought it was perfect. Don't feel I missed a thing and the stage didn't seem overly high. I loved being able to feel so connected to the show and thought I enjoyed the details of the performances, costumes and sets more. Given the choice, I'd certainly sit there again.

getatme
#5Matilda Orchestra Seating
Posted: 6/14/13 at 2:00am

The stage is actually really low for this show, so sitting up close shouldn't be too much of an issue. If you buy the partial view seats, you might miss a couple seconds, but it won't be an extended period of time.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#6Matilda Orchestra Seating
Posted: 6/14/13 at 6:27am

I think once you get to rows D and E you'd be fine. I'd go with E if you're unsure.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

jaxel614
#7Matilda Orchestra Seating
Posted: 6/14/13 at 7:38am

I sat in the last two seats on the far left in row D, the partial view seats, both times I saw the show. Even though there is a minimal obstruction, it definitely did not hinder my enjoyment of the show. I was even able to move to one of the premium seats closer to the center of my row for Act 2. I personally won't go anywhere but close for this show (maybe because I already have been) and was able to pick up one of the row A partial views when I see it again in the fall with my family.

I've heard farther back is great too, but close is incredible.

Videos