News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatregeek6

theatregeek6 Profile Photo
Member Name: theatregeek6
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: re: re: re: re: Ann Miller Stories?  Jun 29 2020, 12:38:52 PM

She was certainly thrifty.

While Sugar Babies was running, I was managing the shoe department of large NY department store. She wold buy an Aigner belt of pair of Ferragamo shoes, wear them on Merv or Mike (or whomever), then return them and order a different belt or pair of shoes.  We would, of course, have a courier deliver and pick up from her.  The shoes would have to be 'written off' by the store

This went on for several weeks until one of ou

FROZEN closes on Broadway  May 19 2020, 03:15:54 PM

Interesting re: the tour  We were just notified that our tour stop in Charlotte in mid-October has been canceled. 

Why do theaters sell twizzlers and other noisy snacks  Dec 10 2019, 04:02:10 PM

I tend to attract those 'crinkling' their empty water bottles....

SMDH - how hard is it to just leave it alone!

John Simon 1925-2019  Nov 26 2019, 12:03:24 PM

"And I felt...nothing."

Not Nominated / Should Have Won  Oct 28 2019, 12:02:09 PM

Amy Spangler in Kiss Me Kate

Benjamin Walker in America Psycho

Barbara Walsh in Company

Question about capitalization for Broadway transfers  Aug 19 2019, 01:45:19 PM

My go to is "The Business of Broadway" by Mitch Weiss and Perri Gaffney    https://www.amazon.com/business-broadway/s?k=business+of+broadway

Bi-Level Sets  Aug 5 2019, 12:11:47 PM

Next to Normal and It Shoulda Been You come to mind

What performance(s) do you wish there were archive/bootleg footage of that you’ve never been able to find?  Aug 2 2019, 03:25:29 PM

I wish I could 'resee"shows I saw in the 70s when I first started going to the theatre

- Liza understudying Gwen Verdon in Chicago

- Reinking and Grey in Goodtime Charley

- Pearl Baily in Dolly

- Hope Clarke and Micki Grant in "Don't Bother me I can't cope"

- Morse, Joyce and Roberts in "Sugar"

So is it okay for audience members to sing along during musicals?  Aug 2 2019, 03:21:52 PM

NO!!!

2 exceptions:

1) you are asked to join in (example:"No Time at All" from Pippin)

2) during the megamix for a jukebox musical where, again, your asked to join

Charlie just canceled Charlote tour stop  Jul 18 2019, 10:37:29 AM

Is the tour still on?

Not sure if there a scheduling issue (which seems odd but that is what they are saying), but they just canceled Charlie from our Charlotte season and added "What the Constitution Means to Me" (a weird substitution for a big family musical, but that's a different story)

How much longer for Pretty Woman ?  Jun 27 2019, 03:48:14 PM

everythingtaboo said: "They should just let Pretty Woman run and for advertising just say: "Everything else is closing and you've already seen Wicked and Phantom...Pretty Woman: Might As Well""

I cant paste the picture, but in 2014 in London I have a photo from the Novello Theatre where, under the marquee for  Mamma Mia there was a banner saying "You already know you're going to love it" 

So may

IBDB - Internet Broadway Database has a new look  May 27 2019, 05:14:47 PM
Am I the only one who just gets the spinning wheel of death on the site?
Musicals most people hated, but you liked  May 21 2019, 11:50:53 AM

Not sure about the "most people" part, but I really liked

Heathers

American Psycho

Honeymoon in Vegas

So is it okay for audience members to sing along during musicals?  May 17 2019, 02:31:28 PM

White gatekeeper/??seriousl

anyway the answer is No, No, No, No.  I did NOT pay to hear you sing. It is rude.

of course, unless it is "no Time at All" and Andrea Martin is asking you to join in.  Then you must 

Actor or Actress?  Mar 28 2019, 10:20:38 AM

yankeefan7 said: ""Popular usage isn't going to change as long as every single award show distinguishes between "Best Actor" and "Best Actress". Not even Meryl Streep (whom I have heard call herself an actor) can change the world alone."

Good point. It should be changed to "Best Female Actor" or just have one award with men and women combined.
"

when does the CIS-gendered view end?

Dear Evan Hansen CLOSING to make room for an upcoming production??  Mar 18 2019, 12:14:19 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "It’s true. Be More Chill is opening a second company there to make room for the enormous demand the show has."

Actually Jordan it is Heathers, finally making it to Broadway, starring Lea Michelle playing all three Heathers

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Mar 13 2019, 12:40:34 PM

Jarethan said: "theatretenor2 said: "Well, it's definitely not Audra.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hugh-jackman-lead-broadway-revival-music-man-1194075?fbclid=IwAR3arN0NiGypSfaT4s9a6OHvtJN3Amg37ZGI9E1pgat8lE7uITRz1yPUMGs

"A leading New York stage star who has been absent from Broadway for the last few years is believed to be on board to play Marian and will be confirmed in the coming weeks."

Kristin Chenoweth?
"

I heard Chenoweth sing 'Till There Was You' once in a concert, and I thought she did an incredible version. I think she would be great. Since Jackman and Chenoweth are the same age, that would work. Might even make the story more believable (vs. a Hill who is 20 years older than Marian, which I have seen a couple of times.
"

But if Marian is more of Hill's age (or just older in general) - that would be a real age stretch between Marian and Winthrop.

Who would I like to see play MAME?  Feb 1 2019, 11:57:34 AM

Dollypop said: "Loretta Swit"

I saw her do it at the Westbury Music Fair in the early 80s.........

Somehow I still love the show.

RENT Live on Fox  Jan 27 2019, 09:33:15 PM

CarlosAlberto said: "Vanessa Hudgens did a great job with "Over the Moon" - I don't care for that song but she did a great job."

interesting that that the ones putting their all into dress are folks who were on Broadway (BVD, Fisher, Hudgens, Keala ) ....

btw  I hate “over the moon” and thought this staging was over the top but agree it was a highlight 

&n

RENT Live on Fox  Jan 27 2019, 09:24:49 PM

CallMeAl2 said: "Why do people keep calling for understudies? Who uses understudies for a one-night-only event? You hire understudies so you can run. A show doesn't even put understudies on their feet until after it opens. For a special event you adapt - which is what they are doing.

By the love - love the set! Very cool. Ensemble is great. Mark, Roger, and Tom Collins all doing well. We'll see how Maureen does,
"

I am sure that conversatio

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You