News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MorningGlow2

MorningGlow2 Profile Photo
Member Name: MorningGlow2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Mar 13 2018, 11:27:00 PM

Very interesting conversation happening here and I'm TOTALLY interrupting here but...

SET SPOILERS BELOW

Welp, some technical hiccups tonight. Anyone who saw the show tonight (3/13) saw this too but they totally ripped the scrim up right before Act I finale (the blue one with the stars). Got caught in the upper portions of the scaffolding and it almost completely covered a very important scene up there if it wasn't for some clever maneuvering of the rail and fly sys

A PARALELLOGRAM (2nd Stage)
 Jul 13 2017, 11:55:38 AM

Going tonight, but also interested if anyone has already seen it.

Breaking News: CATS to Return to Broadway This Summer; Andy Blankenbuehler Joins Team
 Jan 22 2016, 12:49:45 AM

As much as I'm looking forward to this, I still miss the awesome staging from Japan's CATS purpose built theater, complete with a rotating seat section.

DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
 Dec 11 2015, 04:10:37 PM

@Fan123 - Thanks for the suggestions! Didn't know any of them so will check them out tonight. 

DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online
 Dec 11 2015, 09:06:42 AM

I discovered Megan Mcginnis through this livestream and that alone is a win for her, the show, and Davenport. I can't believe she hasn't done more shows on Broadway.

Now back to Youtube to find more Mcginnis videos...

SPRING AWAKENING revival failing at box office
 Nov 18 2015, 08:06:16 PM

"I am going to see the show in late December and I like to sit close to the stage in the orchestra center. How was the view fron your seat haterobics? Stage height, etc? Would you have preferred being a row or two further back? thanks!"

Have seen this show multiple times from various locations including front row from lottery and I'd say its a little too close there if this is your first time seeing the show. Since there is no orch pit, you are litera

SPRING AWAKENING (Revival) Reviews
 Sep 27 2015, 10:37:42 PM

FBay said: "NYT 

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/28/theater/review-spring-awakening-by-deaf-west-theater-brings-a-new-sensation-to-broadway.html

"

You beat me to it :)

Sep 27 2015, 10:37:13 PM

And it's out from NYT. Raves. So happy for the team here as I am OBSESSED with this production. Congrats to all involved and may it touch so many other hearts as it touched mine.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/28/theater/review-spring-awakening-by-deaf-west-theater-brings-a-new-sensation-to-broadway.html

One of the great musicals of the last decade was born anew on Sunday, when the thrillingly inventive Deaf West Theater production of “Spring Awakening” opened on Broadway at the Brooks Atkinson Theater. Any qualms theater-lovers might have about this being a premature, whiplash-inducing revival — the original closed in 2009, after all — will vanish like frost in strong sunlight when the young cast of both hearing and deaf actors floods the stage...

...Deaf actors may not have the same tools that most actors do, but the gifted men and women in this splendid production achieve the same ideal ends, lighting up the lives of their characters from within, even when the light only reveals the darkness of their confusion, frustration and despair.

Sep 27 2015, 08:33:54 PM

Not really a review, but NBC New York just published this for opening night.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainment/the-scene/Review-DeafWest-Spring-Awakening-329502551.html

Theatergoers coming to this raw story for the first time will find a musical with even more layers than the production that first seduced Broadway. The addition of sign language encourages a closer look at “Spring Awakening.”

Sep 27 2015, 06:58:43 PM

amNY gives it 4 stars. Happy Opening Night!

http://www.amny.com/entertainment/spring-awakening-a-visually-stunning-revival-1.10896137

1 x HAMILTON Ticket For Sale
 Jul 29 2015, 11:17:24 AM

May be interested, sent you PM :)

FUN HOME Reviews
 May 6 2015, 12:46:54 PM

"Beware they take that "no late seating" very seriously, which I appreciated. Last night's show was sold out and I could see about 6 people standing leaning on the railings because they didn't get in on time."

Could be, but most likely Standing Room ticket holders. SRO becomes available once the SOLD OUT sign goes up for $30/ticket - all taxes and fees included :)

THE WAY WE GET BY Off-Broadway Previews
 May 3 2015, 10:40:02 PM

I was wondering how to put this but josiah explained it nicely - spot on. I couldn't get behind the characters at all because, well, the story doesn't quite make sense. Judging from the post show conversations I heard on the way out, seems to be the general consensus.

FUN HOME for a 12 year old?
 May 2 2015, 06:50:56 PM

"All wonderful replies!
I did read the novel and I am aware of the story and the themes.
That's why I was asking, to find out if there were any graphic depictions of sex, violence or death.   Seems like it will be fine for her.
We are a progressive family and talk to her about our support for LGBT rights and marriage equality.  
Seems like this will be a great show to open up even more discussions.
Thanks so much, this has b

FUN HOME for a 12 year old?
 May 1 2015, 11:54:28 PM

I think it's lovely that you're considering taking her. There are indeed multiple complex mature themes, but I don't think there was anything inappropriate regardless of age. Of course questions like this will attract opinions from all corners of personal beliefs from strongly opinionated individuals on this forum, so brace yourself

If you're really concerned of the material, you should listen to the songs most of which is available on their website. If you want to go the extra mile, read Alison Bechdel's graphic novel. The musical is a somewhat a toned down version of the book (some might disagree here), but the story and themes remain the same.

Also, "Come to the Fun Home" alone is not representative of the show. I recommend you watch the highlights reel from Playbill to get a good sense of what to expect.

If you do go, I hope you and your daughter enjoy is as much as I do.

FUN HOME Reviews
 May 1 2015, 02:06:03 PM

Saw this again last night, standing room. Great to see that this show is selling out on a Thursday!

Speaking of "Ring of Keys", did anyone pick up the little bit where Bruce is swinging his car keys in the scene where he asks Alison whether they want to go on a drive later? He kept twirling the keys in his hands with a smile on his face and only then did I realize oh right, "ring of keys"!

There are little gems like this hidden throughout the show and only after see

FUN HOME Reviews
 Apr 29 2015, 11:18:15 PM

Saw the show last night and found it a pretentious and stultifying bore. Judy Kuhn had the same dour expression throughout the whole performance. Cerveris’s dad character is creepy from the moment he enters. Couldn't wait for hime to die. I might have enjoyed this more with the music stripped out. After about 20 minutes I started thinking about how the stage design with all the furniture constantly falling and rising through the floor reminded me of a Whack A M

Permission, by Robert Askins (the guy who wrote Hand to God)
 Apr 29 2015, 11:06:02 PM

Saw this tonight, opening performance - and it showed :) Still very rough around the edges not just in it's execution, but the book, too. Started off slow and while it did pick up near the end of Act I and through Act II, it ended up all over the place (and not necessarily in a satisfying sort of way). I didn't leave the theater with that sense of satisfaction I get from having watched a good story.

Cast is great. They obviously weren't completely in their roles bein

The Tony Positivity Thread
 Apr 28 2015, 08:54:22 PM

A8 is a troll. Don't feed the troll.

This is a POSITIVITY thread people. Stay positive!

The Tony Positivity Thread
 Apr 28 2015, 08:09:58 PM

"CURIOUS INCIDENT for choreography !"

^This. So refreshing and such amazing achievement for a play to be nominated in this category. It certainly did leave an impression on me.

I've raved enough about Fun Home since previews so I'm not goin...oh whatever.

FUN HOME ALL THE WAY.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You