News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for fanatic3

Member Name: fanatic3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
 Sep 26 2021, 04:53:01 PM

I said Roxie but I meant Velma. I'm sorry. She had/has very short cropped white/blonde hair and I see her in some promos from the past. Just curious who she is because I believe she was at the same restaurant I was in on reopening night. 

Thanks.  

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
 Sep 24 2021, 02:07:25 PM

I was at the performance on Tuesday, Sept. 14. The night of the (re)opening. I am a fanatic and was DETERMINED to be in a theater, to see any show, on Sept 14 and Chicago was the only ticket I could get. It was the most expensive ticket I have ever bought and I had seen Chicago twice already. And it was WORTH EVERY PENNY. 

I will keep this brief. I had seen Chicago once with stunt casting gone awry. Oooofh. Then I saw it soon after that and I think the trauma of the stunt casting

matinee on Wed. Sept 15?
 May 18 2021, 02:33:01 PM

Does anyone have scoop if there will be matinee performances on Wednesday, Sept 15? I'm assuming no but just hoping out loud I suppose. Thanks.

Stockard Channing in Six Degrees of Separation
 Apr 3 2019, 02:39:57 PM

This thread makes me so happy! It almost brought tears to my eyes and I try to envision how exquisite SC must have been on stage. I LOVE the movie -- it's one of my favorite movies of all time -- and I love HER so much. It's fascinating to learn all the others who played/turned down the roles and how the performances were perceived. I wish I had seen it on stage but I did not.

I can picture in my head SC turning in sync with the painting even though I haven't actually seen

National Theatre DC Seating?
 Sep 7 2018, 02:42:29 PM

Also regarding National Theater, the bottom step coming down into the lobby on both sides is calibrated (not the right word but you hopefully know what I mean) wrong and at the end of each show they have ushers by each stairwell reminding people to watch their step. But each time I go there (and I go there a lot) I see someone take a tumble and I'm shocked they haven't been able to fix that. It's such a dangerous thing and someone could sue them and would win. Bad construction I s

Kinky Boots or Waitress?
 May 22 2018, 01:22:36 PM

Me again being once again a closure freak.

I saw Waitress at the National Theater in DC on Saturday. I know it's not Broadway and I know Katherine McPhee is amazing on Broadway but I thought the show was very well done. Very cute. Like I said before, I LOVED the movie and wasn't interested in seeing it on stage. But it's been on Broadway for while now and I thought it wouldn't be terrible.

Desi was amazing. She Used To Be Mine is truly the saddest song. I loved t

PRETTY WOMAN in Chicago
 Mar 29 2018, 01:26:42 PM

Just curious -- Does Vivian come out in the red dress during curtain call?

what is the most overrated musical of all time
 Mar 29 2018, 01:10:59 PM

The answer is Cats.

Kinky Boots or Waitress?
 Sep 15 2017, 11:00:24 AM

Not that anyone cares, or asked, but I'm a closure freak so wanted to post one last time.

I saw Kinky Boots. I was only in NYC Tuesday - Thursday so I had three opportunities to see shows and Tuesday night was DEH. Amazing. What else is there to say that hasn't already been said?

So that left me Wednesday matinee and Wednesday night. And I wanted to see Beautiful because I sing Carole King songs and wanted to get background and backstory about the songs, etc. I really do

Kinky Boots or Waitress?
 Sep 7 2017, 03:50:07 PM

Thank you all for all the comments. I'm much more indecisive now than I was when I wrote the post. But that's a good thing! I will let you all what I decide. Assuming anyone cares. But I would love to still hear everyone's opinions.

Kinky Boots or Waitress?
 Sep 7 2017, 02:39:55 PM

I'm going to contradict myself when I say that I have practically seen everything but have no desire to see GHD. Is it really that good? I saw the movie, think it's cute. In fact, I had a terrible experience seeing it in the movie theater years ago but will say when I see it on TV I do enjoy. I do like Andy Karl. I think I'm having a hard time envisioning how it would work on stage. Is it really that good???

Kinky Boots or Waitress?
 Sep 7 2017, 02:05:40 PM

I live in DC. So everything pretty much comes to DC when they tour. And I live so close to NYC that anytime I want to go I go. I definitely want to see Beautiful because during my singing lessons I sometimes sing Carole King. I'm hoping if some of the background of the writing of the songs will be explained in the show and that will make my singing richer. Or at least I can share the background with my coach.

I'm leaning toward Kinky Boots though I wonder if Waitress will c

Kinky Boots or Waitress?
 Sep 7 2017, 12:31:27 PM

Taking a short trip to NYC next week to see DEH. Have two more slots to see two shows. Will see Beautiful for sure. Last slot -- should I see Kinky Boots or Waitress? Thanks.

BOM Tap number -- spoiler!
 Aug 15 2013, 02:37:19 PM
I've seen the show multiple times. Can someone tell me how they do that trick during Turn it Off please? Thanks.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You