News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ParachuteBoy

ParachuteBoy Profile Photo
Member Name: ParachuteBoy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Most Prominent Off-Broadway Musical
 Dec 11 2023, 01:56:09 PM

The Last Five Years

Heathers

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Dec 11 2023, 01:39:53 PM

Seems like most agree the score is the weaker aspect. And I agree completly. Building Momentum sounds just like Freeze Your Brain from Heathers. Im all for composers copying and stealing for inspiration but at least do it to make something good. 

bernstein said composers have to specifically steal the good things. 

I think it’s more inclusive to take this autistic centered show seriously. If we just said this is cute and we are too happy t

Are these considered Ballads?
 Aug 23 2013, 02:39:43 AM
Thank you for the advice. At this current moment my singing is not the best. I think it would be much better to do a nice safe song so I can get a small singing roll, speaking role or at least in the ensemble, I don't always do musicals. I liked that song because I was familiar with it and it wasn't too hard or didn't required big strength. I would look a lot worst if I did a popular-ish big strong song but didn't have the strength in my voice to pull it off.

Thanks again, I really app

Aug 23 2013, 01:02:17 AM
Thanks! Sadly that is my weaker song of the two but this gives me something to work on. I emailed my director to see how picky he was on if they were precisely ballads and if the song(s) would work.

Thanks again for the help!

Aug 23 2013, 12:34:09 AM
I am 15/16 years old. Do you mean get away as in just pulling it off or do you mean I get away with singing it as a ballad?

Thanks for the reply as well!

Aug 23 2013, 12:19:16 AM
I'm auditioning for a musical and I need to sing a ballad. I know a ballad is typically slow and tells a story. Two songs I can sing pretty well are, "What do you do with a B.A. in english" (Avenue Q.) and "I know things now" (Into the woods). Are either of those songs ballads or would they be considered uptempo

Also I'm a guy is it too weird if I audition with "I know things now"?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You