News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for frankenleeestein

Member Name: frankenleeestein
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

So who do you want to win?  Apr 29 2014, 10:18:57 AM
My heart is pulling SO hard for all the Beautiful acting noms.
Osnes, Fontana, Harris, Mendelle, Hildreth last Cinderella performances  Jan 26 2014, 07:08:05 PM
Was anybody there tonight?
Which of these Disney films would you most like to see on Broadway?  Jan 7 2014, 11:54:42 PM
"Amen to that..........but how about Saving Mr. Banks? That could be sort of weird and wonderful."

Yeah, I was sort of casting this in my head while I watched the movie. It would be wonderful, but quite unnecessary.

Any early Tony Predictions?  Nov 8 2013, 08:53:10 AM
I'm surprised none of you have mentioned Norbert Leo Butz yet.
Gabe Ebert out of Matilda  Oct 20 2013, 04:14:01 PM
Anybody know if he's back yet?
Gabe Ebert out of Matilda  Oct 14 2013, 07:27:18 PM
I wonder if Taylor Trensch is on vacation? Clay Thomson is Michael all week.
Gabe Ebert out of Matilda  Oct 13 2013, 11:43:25 AM
John Arthur Greene tweeted that he was on both shows yesterday and both shows today. Anybody know why/if this is his first time going on?
BIG FISH Reviews  Oct 7 2013, 07:30:24 PM
So, the main consensus seems to be that the score sucks and Norbert Leo Butz is too good.

Seems about right.

Matilda OBC album vs. OCR album  Sep 30 2013, 10:37:50 PM
I must be the only one who likes the OBCR "When I Grow Up" more?

I think my favorite improvement overall (aside from cutting it into three parts) is "Miracle". The juicier orchestrations compliment it perfectly, I think. And I MUCH prefer John Arthur Greene's solo to the OCR one.

The Glass Menagerie Reviews  Sep 27 2013, 02:36:48 AM
Was anyone there tonight? Any curtain call speeches/activity?
Matilda OBC digital download?  Sep 26 2013, 10:37:52 AM
Does anyone have the ears to tell me which Matilda sings which part in the 'Naughty' bonus track?
Matilda OBC digital download?  Sep 26 2013, 02:07:21 AM
So psyched about this recording! It sounds gorgeous. I have been looking forward to buying this for a looooong time.

ETA: My one complaint, however, is that I absolutely adore 'Miracle', and I'm a little bummed that they cut it into three different tracks.

The 2013 Flea Market Thread  Sep 23 2013, 01:05:23 AM
What's the etiquette for taking photos with actors outside of the photo booth? I mean, a photo with Corey Cott was $50, but I saw photos of people with him all over Facebook in what seemed to be just some random place in the flea market.
Neil Patrick Harris bombing on the EMMYS  Sep 23 2013, 12:29:59 AM
Did anyone else notice Neil looked a little bothered by the end of the show? He seemed kinda bored. It looked like they were really only using him for pre-taped stuff and (bad) dance numbers.

The 2013 Flea Market Thread  Sep 22 2013, 11:37:54 AM
I'm not there, but I saw someone post a picture of a bunch of chocolate cake slices at Matilda. Brilliant.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/15/13  Sep 16 2013, 08:51:37 PM
Yeah, I'm starting to worry about Cinderella.
MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?  Sep 16 2013, 02:39:23 AM
When is this being released digitally? I've heard both September 27th (when it'll be on sale at the Shubert) and October 22nd (when it's released in stores).
Songs Out of Context  Sep 15 2013, 09:08:56 AM
"I Am What I Am" was played during the Republican National Convention once.

EDIT: I believe it was an instrumental version, but, still.

Most Epic Song Climax?  Sep 15 2013, 02:10:25 AM
"Matilda: That gorgeous moment in When I Grow Up when the key changes and the tempo picks up. "And when I grow up, I will have treats every day." "

Couldn't agree more. Especially onstage with the swings? Chills every time.

My first thought on this one was "Muddy Water" from Big River. The middle end-ish section where they both sing "look out for me" and then the orchestra does that "da-da-da-da" (sorry that was the absolute worst description of a song EVER) is one of my favori

Songs That End Softly  Sep 14 2013, 11:36:23 AM
"The Song of Purple Summer" from Spring Awakening.

In fact, almost EVERY song in Spring Awakening ends quietly.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You