News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jingjo2

Jingjo2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Jingjo2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is Act Two ever longer than Act One in a musical?  Nov 14 2021, 12:33:57 PM

I remember Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in the west end has act 1 running a little over 50 minute and the second act was about 1.30 hours long. Because the way the story was structured, they didn't even get to the factory until the act 1 closing number. And they have to convert a huge set for act 2 opening.

However, I can't say the same thing with Broadway. Cause they reworked the show and threw away the big set to make it tour-able. The Broadway production was so horrendo

West End's recording of Kinky Boots to be released on Blu-Ray  Jan 26 2021, 10:30:24 AM

So there's a new listing on Amazon for a Blu-Ray version of the West End production of Kinky Boots. Due to be released on May 25th of this year.

It's a nice little surprise for people who still collect and cherish physical media like me :) Just sharing the good news! Here's hoping for An American in Paris too, as this would be released from the same distributor, Liberator Film Services.

Hamilton on Disney to be MUTED?  Jun 23 2020, 10:10:39 AM

I think the one left in is in Say No to This

"That was my wife you decided to F"

CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 13  Dec 14 2019, 10:15:51 AM

It's not a complete Les Miz score, but they did release a 2 disc deluxe edition like a month after they released the highlight CD, I remember double dipping and felt a little salty about it but I loved Les Miz so I was ok. I don't think I like Cats enough to buy the soundtrack twice.. So this time around I'm gonna wait.

This is the deluxe les mis CD I'm talking about

Death Becomes Her Musical, Starring Kristin Chenoweth  Oct 8 2019, 03:42:00 AM

It’s been 2 years since it’s first official press release, thought it was poof. But now Kristin brought the news back up by “confirming” on the Kelly Clarkson show that it is indeed coming to Broadway. (https://youtu.be/fPqsa382tKc)

Does this mean it’s finally coming soon? I’m really looking forward to it!

Teaser trailer for Judy w/Renee Zellweger  May 10 2019, 02:06:36 PM
I don’t even know why I’m arguing but this is where our opinions are different. Where do you draw the lines between fiction and non-fiction? Everything has to be dramatized today for people’s enjoyment. The King and I has all these real people names and yet it is completely fictionalized, loosely based on an autobiography. Even the playwright of End of The Rainbow admits that when he wrote it, he wasn’t even writing about Judy. The situation was just parallel so they went with it. Like I said, w
Teaser trailer for Judy w/Renee Zellweger  May 10 2019, 01:28:56 PM

You’re totally right about not being able to judge only from what was released. I for once wouldn’t care if she sounded exactly like Judy, that’s why I brought up Tracie Bennett. I would rather have an actor who focuses on pouring their emotions into the songs rather than imitating an unachievable icon. But to each their own I guess, I personally do not treat this as a Judy biopic, I actually think of this as the Dreamgirls to Diana Ross or King Charles III. If I want someth

Teaser trailer for Judy w/Renee Zellweger  May 10 2019, 01:04:22 PM
In which I completely agree. Renee could never duplicate Judy. Fortunately, the story doesnt require her to duplicate Judy. And that’s why I don’t agree on the point he/she was trying to make about replacing Renee’s vocal track with real Judy’s vocals.
Teaser trailer for Judy w/Renee Zellweger  May 10 2019, 12:53:09 PM

It is authorized but a good chunk of it is fictionalized. It’s a fantasy he created based on his life, so it’s not an ordinary biopic.

Teaser trailer for Judy w/Renee Zellweger  May 10 2019, 12:38:47 PM

Oh no sorry I meant Liza when she saw the play

edit : and nope I couldn't find the article where she gave an interview that she walked out or even saw the play. Don’t remember where I got that information, so I retract the comment. But I know she did not authorize or endorse the show at all.

Teaser trailer for Judy w/Renee Zellweger  May 10 2019, 12:29:40 PM

You must really hate Renee’s vocal in the trailer or you really enjoy making pointless arguments with a stranger on the internet.

I think Renee sounded amazing in the trailer and very appropiate for the story. She has proven herself in Chicago so rest assure, this is not another Russell Crowe fiasco.

The point I was trying to make is that unlike most biopics, the songs were not placed chronologically nor performed at the same time in Judy’s real life. Over the r

Teaser trailer for Judy w/Renee Zellweger  May 10 2019, 12:11:48 PM

It seems like you don’t want to admit that this story does not require perfect Judy singing. On stage or on film. And I finally saw the trailer and I stand by everything I said... Renee sounds incredible in the trailer and I got goosebumps. If you said you’d rather have the Judy vocal track for Over the Rainbow when she was 16 in this context I don’t even know why you think this is a movie for you.

Teaser trailer for Judy w/Renee Zellweger  May 10 2019, 11:58:04 AM

@TotallyEffed Nobody says they're the same. What is this argument?

If you're expecting stellar Judy Garland vocals from a story (theatre or film) focusing on her last years (with drugs and health issues) you'll be awfully disappointed.

Teaser trailer for Judy w/Renee Zellweger  May 10 2019, 11:46:53 AM

Is this still based on the play End of the Rainbow? If so, she should definitely do her own singing. Tracie Bennett did an amazing job and she sounded nothing like Judy, but to see her act through those familiar songs in a new way made it worth suspending my disbelief. I haven't got a chance to see the teaser trailer yet so I wasn't sure if this is still based on the play, but if it does, her vocals shouldn't matter cause this is not a story of the top-form Judy we know and l

The Great Comet to Rise Again in Tokyo  Dec 31 2018, 02:15:36 PM

I was able to snatch 2 tickets to the added performance on the 17th. Flying in from Thailand to see this (as well as 3 other shows Rebecca, Love Never Dies and Hunchback in Nagoya).

The Great Comet is now completely sold out and they just sent out an email announcing Rush/Cancellation Line type day-off tickets (first-come first served) and also standing room tickets (for merely $30) these can be purchased in advance and still available for some shows as of now.

After rushin

Celebrities not from the show coming out of the Stage Door  Jun 4 2018, 09:35:13 AM

I could think of a few fun ones on the top of my head..

- We were at the stage door for Aladdin and Raven-Symone walked out and no one noticed her. So I slipped out of the stage door quietly to ask her for a selfie and she was very nice about it. I was trying not to make a whole scene cause surely all these Disney fans at the stage door would really want a pic with her.

- When Jennifer Morrison was dating Sebastian Stan, she came out of the Picnic stage door so I go

Ariana Grande Wicked?  Mar 5 2018, 02:46:28 AM

I don't think Wicked need any stunt casting.

I would love to see Ariana as Glinda in the movie tho, and possibly Demi Lovato as Elphaba.

Freaky Friday Movie Musical Coming to the Disney Channel  Sep 29 2017, 01:21:30 PM

Was hoping for the ABC musical event version and not the DCOM (because of the running time)... But I'm excited nevertheless.

Nicole Scherzinger set to be Elphaba in Wicked movie?  Apr 24 2017, 09:10:44 AM

I was hoping elphaba to be a little youger.

Cynthia Erivo for the voice

or Demi Lovato for the name (and voice)

The Little Mermaid in Japan  Apr 2 2017, 01:33:08 PM

I saw the show in Japan. I was under the impression that The Little Mermaid is closing this April (I could be wrong). It is the same version as The Netherlands and more similar to the new North American tour/Papermill Playhouse rather than the Broadway version. The biggest differences are the use of flying in this production is a lot more gimmicky (but gorgeous) than Broadway's and this version replaced the song "I want the good times back" with "Daddy's Little Angel&qu

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You