pixeltracker

CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
Posted: 12/13/19 at 11:37am

CATS: HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK will be released on Friday, December 20 on streaming platforms and on CD.

iTunes Pre-Order

Amazon Music Pre-Order

CD Pre-Order

1    Overture (From The Motion Picture Soundtrack "Cats"CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
by Andrew Lloyd Webber

2    Jellicle Songs For Jellicle Cats (From The Motion Picture Soundtrack "Cats"CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
by Cast Of The Motion Picture "Cats"

3    The Old Gumbie Cat (From The Motion Picture Soundtrack "Cats"CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
by Rebel Wilson & Robbie Fairchild

4    The Rum Tum Tugger (From The Motion Picture Soundtrack "Cats"CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
by Jason Derulo

5    Bustopher Jones: The Cat About Town (From The Motion Picture Soundtrack "Cats"CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
by James Corden

6    Mungojerrie And Rumpleteazer (From The Motion Picture Soundtrack "Cats"CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
by Danny Collins & Naoimh Morgan & Francesca Hayward

7    Old Deuteronomy (From The Motion Picture Soundtrack "Cats"CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
by Robbie Fairchild

8    Beautiful Ghosts (Victoria’s Song) (From The Motion Picture Soundtrack "Cats"CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
by Francesca Hayward

9    Magical Gus (From The Motion Picture Soundtrack "Cats"CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
by Andrew Lloyd Webber

10    Gus: The Theatre Cat (From The Motion Picture Soundtrack "Cats"CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
by Ian McKellen

11    Skimbleshanks: The Railway Cat (From The Motion Picture Soundtrack "Cats"CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
by Steven McRae & Robbie Fairchild

12    Macavity (From The Motion Picture Soundtrack "Cats"CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
by Taylor Swift

13    Mr. Mistofelees (From The Motion Picture Soundtrack "Cats"CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
by Laurie Davidson

14    Memory (From The Motion Picture Soundtrack "Cats"CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
by Jennifer Hudson

15    The Addressing Of Cats (From The Motion Picture Soundtrack "Cats"CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
by Judi Dench

16 Beautiful Ghosts (From The Motion Picture Soundtrack "Cats"CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 20
by Taylor Swift

Total Run Time: 59 minutes

Updated On: 12/13/19 at 11:37 AM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#2CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 13
Posted: 12/13/19 at 11:45am

I'm have many questions. Isn't the piece sung-through? If there's only 59 minutes on this album, how much music are they not releasing on a CD? Has stuff been cut? And if they do release the full soundtrack, then why do this as well? Maybe a "Deluxe Edition" is in its future?

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#3CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 13
Posted: 12/13/19 at 11:48am

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "I'm have many questions. Isn't the piece sung-through? If there's only 59 minutes on this album, how much music are they not releasing on a CD? Has stuff been cut? And if they do release the full soundtrack, then why do this as well? Maybe a "Deluxe Edition" is in its future?"

Tom Hooper/Universal did the same thing for the Les Mis soundtrack. I hate that it's a highlights version, but  surely (like Les Mis) they'll eventually release a full soundtrack.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#4CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 13
Posted: 12/13/19 at 12:16pm

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "I'm have many questions. Isn't the piece sung-through? If there's only 59 minutes on this album, how much music are they not releasing on a CD? Has stuff been cut? And if they do release the full soundtrack, then why do this as well? Maybe a "Deluxe Edition" is in its future?"

The trailer certainly seemed to indicate a substantial addition of spoken dialogue. 

This track listing isn't substantially different from the highlights albums from the original UK or Broadway productions. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 12/13/19 at 12:16 PM

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#5CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 13
Posted: 12/13/19 at 12:42pm

I'm hoping for a full one in time.

Any ideas what this Magical Gus might be and why it would end up on this and not left to a possible extended edition later? it seems to be something instrumental (but not the Jellicle Ball)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#6CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 13
Posted: 12/13/19 at 3:55pm

I was kind of surprised that it's a highlights album as well... I suppose they're hoping that at $10 and with all those names that it will chart well and perhaps later they can release a deluxe edition (or maybe wait and do it with the DVD/digital release later?)

I know I'm older and traditional - was still hoping to purchase a double-CD package

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#7CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 13
Posted: 12/13/19 at 4:01pm

me too

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#8CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 13
Posted: 12/13/19 at 4:01pm

Heavyside Layer isn't considered a highlight? Sure... Whatever...

SeanMartin2
#9CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 13
Posted: 12/13/19 at 6:25pm

Somehow, I think my collection will manage without this.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#10CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 13
Posted: 12/13/19 at 9:21pm

SeanMartin2 said: "Somehow, I think my collection will manage without this."

Screw my collection. I could have done without this.

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#11CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 13
Posted: 12/13/19 at 9:34pm

I really want to see this movie and I really want there to be a full soundtrack of all the music.  With just the highlights, it would be like reading the CliffsNotes version of "A Tale of Two Ciites" but not the complete novel.

Non sibi sed patriae

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#12CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 13
Posted: 12/14/19 at 6:14am

jacobsnchz14 said: "Tom Hooper/Universal did the same thing for the Les Mis soundtrack. I hate that it's a highlights version, but surely (like Les Mis) they'll eventually release a full soundtrack."

they never did release an actually complete version of the Les Miz soundtrack which was very sad and annoying 

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Jingjo2 Profile Photo
Jingjo2
#13CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 13
Posted: 12/14/19 at 10:15am

It's not a complete Les Miz score, but they did release a 2 disc deluxe edition like a month after they released the highlight CD, I remember double dipping and felt a little salty about it but I loved Les Miz so I was ok. I don't think I like Cats enough to buy the soundtrack twice.. So this time around I'm gonna wait.

This is the deluxe les mis CD I'm talking about

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#14CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 13
Posted: 12/16/19 at 7:27am

besides, someone on redit will probably just rip the songs like they did with la la land eventually

Fosse76
#15CATS to release highlights edition soundtrack on Dec. 13
Posted: 12/16/19 at 2:39pm

Justin D said: "besides, someone on redit will probably just rip the songs like they did with la la land eventually"

Or YouTube.