News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TooManyLegs

TooManyLegs Profile Photo
Member Name: TooManyLegs
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

If You Could Give a Concert of Ten Theatre Songs, What is Your Set?  Jul 18 2020, 06:14:37 PM

Queer Little Insect — archy and mehitabel

Mene, Mene, Tekel — PINS AND NEEDLES

The Ballad of the Sad Young Men — THE NERVOUS SET

Ah, But Underneath — FOLLIES

Softly as in a Morning Sunrise — THE NEW MOON

Baby Dream Your Dream — SWEET CHARITY

Second Threepenny Finale — THREEPENNY OPERA (Mannheim/Willet trans.)

The Cigarette Song — PROMENADE

Anyone Can Whistle — ANYONE CAN WHISTLE

Hiddleston, Cox led BETRAYAL Transferring to Broadway  Aug 7 2019, 11:22:34 AM

Thanks for the heads up, CT2NYC. Nabbed one.

Jonathan Groff Alternate for Little Shop  Jul 29 2019, 03:23:32 AM

Groff won’t be performing from Nov. 5 to 17. Thus the conjecture.

Gary: A Sequel to Previews  Mar 14 2019, 03:51:21 AM

Spoiler answer below.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

At the first preview they used a doll.

re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?  Nov 24 2018, 03:29:02 PM

Billy Crudup in AMERICAN DREAMING at the Vineyard.

BERNHARDT/HAMLET Previews  Sep 16 2018, 10:25:11 AM

Saw this last night and pretty much agree with others that it’s not a great play, though McTeer is a lot of fun, and the rest of the cast is pretty good, too.

but I have a question about the text, which revolves around, I guess, a spoiler.

I don’t know how to do that Toggle Spoiler button, and the Help feature isn’t very helpful on that count.

SPOILER BELOW:

so lots (and lots) of the play is

Drag queen numbers?  Jun 1 2017, 03:49:43 PM

Fun, big numbers:

"I Can Cook, Too" from ON THE TOWN

"The Life of the Party" and "Raise the Roof" from WILD PARTY (Lippa)

"Lovesick" from WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

"Just One Step" from SONGS FOR A NEW WORLD

And for camp value:

"Eve Was Weak" from CARRIE

Small Musicals w Minimal Sets  Apr 27 2017, 03:40:08 PM

BED AND SOFA (an oddity, but I enjoyed it. Also, possibly GOBLIN MARKET by the same writer, though I don't know the piece.)

Dido and Aeneas tonight....  Apr 29 2016, 04:30:24 PM

I think DIDO AND AENEAS is a great "starter" Baroque opera because it's short and both fun and touching. But it's not BOHEME, if that's what tou're looking for.

If you go, I think you'll be fine just reading a synopsis. The lyrics are fairly repetitive. You just want to have a basic idea what's happening.

Official Hamilton poster art?  Mar 4 2015, 04:41:36 PM
I like this logo a lot. i'm sure many of the associations (Saturday Night Fever, Michael Jackson, the Statue of Liberty) are intentional. Of course, the pose also hints at the duel.

I think it's very attractive, and the typography is beautiful. It doesn't strike me as too small at all. It's quite legible.

But I know that people are much happier complaining about graphic design than enjoying it. These days, everyone with a computer thinks they can do a better design than anyone

Help with play ideas!  Mar 4 2015, 04:34:46 PM
Fefu and Her Friends
By María Irene Fornés

glass menagerie first preview  Sep 11 2013, 02:03:12 PM
I thought Cherry and Zachary were both terrific, and very believably mother and son (not in appearance, but in their reactions.) I loved the way they didn't feel compelled to maintain eye contact all the time—they both know exactly what the other's doing.

Was much less taken with Celia, who was much too normal and bland for my taste. I think Laura has some very real issues that keep her from succeeding; Celia's Laura seemed fairly capable and pretty. She seemed to be trying to underplay

Odd or Interesting song translations  Sep 11 2013, 06:53:19 AM
In Spanish, "The Worst Pies in London" becomes "Las peores empanadas de Londres" (The Worst Empanadas of London.)

Not a song title, but THE ADDAMS FAMILY becomes LOS LOCOS ADDAMS (The Crazy Addams, or The Addams Crazies) in Spanish. (This was, of course, the translation of the tv series and movies before the musical.)

Also, THE SOUND OF MUSIC became SONRISAS Y LÁGRIMAS (Smiles and Tears) in Spain and LA NOVICIA REBELDE (The Rebellious Novitiate) in Latinamerica.

Favorite Villain Songs?  Sep 10 2013, 11:55:32 AM
I'll echo "Nobody Steps on Kafritz" (as well as "Poor Little Person") from HENRY, SWEET HENRY and "Bon Voyage" from CANDIDE.

Also "Me and My Town" from ANYONE CAN WHISTLE.

Oh, and depending on how you view Margaret White, "Eve Was Weak" from CARRIE.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You