News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RumTumJM

Member Name: RumTumJM
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 8 2024, 12:28:14 PM

Sammy232 said: "RumTumJM said: "ShowBro said: "Play Esq. said: "While ^ is true, I found Diana, Holly, and Reg to be quite likable.”

For me there was no resolution with Diana’scharacter arc. The only time she got up the nerve to stand up to Peter was in the last actwhen she was coked up which made me like her a little less.

"

WOW! This show really is a knockoff of Fleetwood Mac. - While I haven'

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 6 2024, 11:38:05 PM

ShowBro said: "Play Esq. said: "While ^ is true, I found Diana, Holly, and Reg to be quite likable.”

For me there was no resolution with Diana’scharacter arc. The only time she got up the nerve to stand up to Peter was in the last actwhen she was coked up which made me like her a little less.

"

WOW! This show really is a knockoff of Fleetwood Mac. - While I haven't seen it yet (Saturday for me), that totally sounds

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  May 5 2024, 02:03:33 AM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "sorry, a mess. i had hoped that it would be silly but at least funny, engaging. nope. whats so surprising is that this is an original story, yes? meaning, its not a retelling of a cheesy old movie plot that doesnt make a ton of sense, its a new original story that doesnt make a ton of sense. god the story/writing here makes Hells Kitchen seem like Shakespeare.

what hells kitchen has going for it are those banger songs that glide us along- even the l

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  Apr 30 2024, 05:39:12 PM

I just saw that Huey is going to be on the Drew Barrymore Show, tomorrow, to promote the musical.

Would they really pull the plug in the next few days, if Huey's still doing press on shows like Drew's? (Not that I'm arguing with everyone's gross data & reasoning for an imminenet closing notice.)

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  Apr 23 2024, 12:50:07 AM

What does everyone think, now that the reviews have come out?

Will the show run for a short while, or is it still likely to announce a closing, any day now? 

Most importantly, considering that I have a ticket for the Saturday, June 1st performance, should I be checking my calendar for open days, before then? HAHAHA!

Seeing a show when you're not feeling great  Apr 22 2024, 12:40:22 AM

quizking101 said: "I tend to do lotto or rush tickets most days so I don’t usually worry about missing a show. However, the fact that Telecharge and Ticketmaster did away with the worry-free exchanges and flexibility that they had immediately post-COVID was a horrible move.

Personally, I had tickets to Ain’t Too Proud I had to exchange as I had an endoscopy ending up on the same day (and they say do nothing for 24 hours after anesthesia). I was so happy I could

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 20 2024, 07:36:43 PM

I exchanged a ticket that was Rear Mezz, Row A, Seat 101 for a Front Mezz, Row C, Seat 111 ticket.

Safe to say that the new seat will offer a much better view of the action?

I usually try to be as central as possible. But, in this case, given all the dicussion about heads being cut off in the studio space, I opted to sit a little off-center, so I could be a row closer.

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 19 2024, 11:21:23 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Single ticket popped up on Telecharge for tomorrow night. Rear mezzanine A 101 for $40. I put it in a cart, which should expire in about 5 minutes, in case anyone wants to pop over there and try to grab it."

Did you get the ticket? HAHAHA!

NO JOKE, that was my ticket!!! - Earlier today, I exchanged the ticket for a May 11th one, since a family event popped up. (Thank to this board, I became aware of that fact that ticket exchanges were ev

STEREOPHONIC Previews  Apr 19 2024, 10:11:47 AM

kurtal said: "I saw this tonight (Rear Mezz, Row B, Center). No real issues with sightlines, though the very top of the actors’ heads were just cut off in the back of the sound booth. Could be an issue farther back in the rear mezz, but it didn’t bother me.

I really really liked this show. I believed every character. I thought the script was complex and layered and fascinating. The music is phenomenal. The pacing dragged a smidgen after intermission, but not en

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews  Apr 12 2024, 04:16:09 PM

A small part of me thinks that this show could end up being like The Little Engine That Could...or Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer...aka the show that was picked on & belittled until everyone realized they needed/wanted it, resulting in it exceding everyone's expectations. 

THE OUTSIDERS Broadway Previews  Apr 10 2024, 02:14:08 PM

BETTY22 said: "Angelina has approval over ALL opening night press. Several outlets have been denied."

Does that mean that negative press/reviews will be weeded out (thus, kinda making the reviews worthless, overall)?

STEREOPHONIC Previews  Apr 7 2024, 09:16:31 PM

terrilovesNY said: "ak72090 said: "Oh no this scares me, I got a ticket to read mezz row E, and looking at available seats now I’d be paying triple to sit row B or closer. Can anyone chime in, is the view that bad that I should look into exchanging? Thank you

update: I exchanged for front mezz row B that brought the ticket from 40 to 120, but I’m really excited for this show so it wasn’t worth the risk I guess
"

I

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews  Apr 5 2024, 01:24:40 PM

Wick3 said: "RumTumJM said: "Does anyone have/know of a song list? As a Huey Lewis & The News fan, I'm really curious to hear what songs, hits and deep tracks, made the show. (I hope that Couple Days Off is in the show! - It's one of Huey's most rockin' songs, and the lyrical content seems like it would fit a show that's partially set in corporate America!)"

I took a photo from the playbill:

"

WOW! - Thanks, Wick3.

There are some really great, deep cuts in the show: Don't Make Me Do It, I Know What I Like, I Never Walk Alone (one of my personal favorites), and Giving It All Up For Love (which I think was originally titled "Tattoo" on the record & written by Thin Lizzy's Phill Lynott, a personal friend of Huey.)

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews  Apr 3 2024, 06:09:33 PM

Does anyone have/know of a song list? As a Huey Lewis & The News fan, I'm really curious to hear what songs, hits and deep tracks, made the show. (I hope that Couple Days Off is in the show! - It's one of Huey's most rockin' songs, and the lyrical content seems like it would fit a show that's partially set in corporate America!)

STEREOPHONIC Previews  Apr 3 2024, 12:36:14 PM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "I could have sat through another two hours of this.

We got tote bags as a first preview gift whichare nice and have the logo and "wheres the bag?" on them

Just wonderful work, unless Mother Play ends up being a huge homerun I think this play has Best Play locked up, the audience was just super tuned in.

I would caution people not to sit in the rear mezz, it is obstructed and the higher up you sit the more of the rec

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL to open on Broadway this season?  Mar 29 2024, 07:35:14 PM

It was THAT EXACT period of time, when I thought I had a cleaver idea and said to myself, "You should write a jukebox musical that's based on the music of Huey Lewis & The News!" HAHAHA!

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL to open on Broadway this season?  Mar 26 2024, 10:25:57 PM

Kad said: "I just took a peek at Telecharge and the first preview on Friday is... maybe half full. Typically a first preview is an easy full house for a production. And the houses only seem to get worse for its first week. I seriously wonder if this can feasibly even make it to opening night."

GEEZ! And, I thought I was playing it safe getting a ticket for June 1st.

Hopefully, your're wrong. (But, you & the few posts about yours make a compell

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL to open on Broadway this season?  Mar 26 2024, 08:28:43 PM

Eek!

Is is true that if the show hasn't sold that well...which, sorry to say,I'm not expecting for this...they'll let you move back to a more comfortable row? (File this under "Questions I Never Thought I'd Ask!" HAHAHA!) 

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL to open on Broadway this season?  Mar 26 2024, 06:14:17 PM

I wonder if in addition to the flash sale, they lowered the standard prices.

I got front row, center balcony, on Saturday, June 1st, for $59. - I assumed it was part of the flash sale, but now I'm thinking that it might not be.

Either way, I got the kind of "deal" I had been looking for for a while. 

What Is The Best Way To Resell A Broadway Show Ticket?  Mar 25 2024, 04:05:31 PM

Is StubHub a good option, like it is for concert/sporting event tickets?

Is/are there better places for reselling theater/Broadway tickets?

Thanks

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You