News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwayjavajunkie

broadwayjavajunkie Profile Photo
Member Name: broadwayjavajunkie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: What to put here? I'm sarcastic, snarky, odd, aka just like everyone else here.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hilarious (&bizarre) Comments...
 Jul 29 2007, 06:44:04 PM
My friend and I went to see the Spamalot tour when it was in Dallas. During the finale, she leans over and asks, "Kate! Is that Kristin Chenoweth dancing in the back of the group?"

Yes, because Kristin would be in the ensemble on tour when she could be in NY doing Young Frankinstein or in LA filming a movie.

*headondesk*

re: You Know It's Community Theatre When...
 Mar 25 2007, 09:08:54 PM
You get called to be told you DIDN'T get a callback.

Rehearsals are cut short because the Irish Step Dance team needs the space to practice.

You recognize your teacher from six years ago in the show. She is playing Sandy from Grease.

re: Spelling Bee 3/23 -- I got to be a speller!!!
 Mar 24 2007, 09:54:59 PM
Oooh, too cool! I'm going to assume you saw the Broadway cast?

Was it maybe cynical? Oh well. At least you spelled mexicans correctly

re: Does listening to a cast recording before seeing a show take away from the experience of seeing it live?
 Mar 5 2007, 10:43:58 PM
I like to listen to a recording once, to see if I like it, to see which songs I like, and then I'll go see the show. The shows that I have not enjoyed as much have been the shows that were scratched by the number of times I played them.
re: Favorite Solo Artists' Broadway Albums?
 Mar 2 2007, 09:37:25 PM
Rebecca Luker's Leaving Home is probably my most-played album.
re: I saw
 Feb 19 2007, 07:15:45 PM
Yup, Bob's wife's name is Janet Van De Graaff, who is an actress herself. She's hysterical. If you go to www.airfarce.com, under episodes, you can check out some of her guest-star roles from 2002-ish.

Shameless plug over.

To send a letter to the cast, find the address to the Marquis (on almost any Broadway website), address an envelope, include a self-addressed, self-stamped envelope inside if you'd like something signed, and mail!

re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
 Jan 23 2007, 09:42:17 PM
Sarah Stiles from the Spelling Bee tour.

I met the kids from the Les Mis tour and they were all sweet. Their parents, on the other hand...

re: BWW TV Exclusive: Johnny and the Sprites w/ Sutton Foster
 Jan 18 2007, 08:42:48 PM
Hi, Sutton, could you be any cuter?
She is clearly a master thumb wrestler .

re: PHOTO CALL: Sutton hits up Johnny & the Sprites
 Jan 16 2007, 07:19:02 PM
Ravioli, she's playing Johnny's sister Tina.

Too cute! I love the thumbwrestling picture.

re: SUTTON FOSTER TO STAR IN JOHNNY AND THE SPRITES!!!
 Jan 14 2007, 01:37:06 PM
It was cool to see Natalie...although I got a confused look from my mom when I yelled, "LOOK IT'S GARY COLEMAN!".

There's also a thing on the Disney channel site where you can write to Johnny, in case anyone is interested.

re: Seth Rudetsky Appreciation Thread
 Jan 12 2007, 08:15:19 PM
Seth=love.
The people he was ranting about who called him annoying=not love.

re: Spelling Bee Tour Review! Dallas--12/1/06
 Dec 3 2006, 09:31:29 PM
I saw the matinee today and it was amazing. Sarah Stiles did say 'Jeez Louise!' and also appeared to only say 'damnit' in Pandemonium, so I wonder if it is a religious thing for her?

The cast was all very good. The little boy audience speller got one of the words that has only been written down once or something like that and spelled it correctly, much to the surprise of the cast, who burst out laughing. Jennifer Simard cracked up for a good 2 minutes.

Lots of T.O. jokes ("He d

re: Anybody watch Drowsy on the parade Yesterday??
 Nov 24 2006, 09:34:23 PM
Did anyone else enjoy how they mispronounced Beth Leavel's name? I also loved how Drowsy just appeared. It amused me.
re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
 Nov 9 2006, 10:02:31 PM
You get so frustrated with people who get excited because they think Eyedina Monzel and Kirsten Chinnyweth are coming with the Wicked tour. Ditto with my telling people I saw Rent on tour and they want to know how good Anthony Rapp was.
Soccer Ball for Dummies
 Oct 31 2006, 08:33:30 PM
Nom, you are my new hero.
PHOTOS
 Oct 28 2006, 10:30:16 PM
No. They don't. I've tried that one. People asked me if I was the Queen of England or Glinda The Good.

I gave them weird looks and told them I was Evita. Then I got a couple of "Oh, Madonna? Hmmm."s

re: DirtyRottenGirl Attends The National Tour Bee!
 Oct 28 2006, 03:28:38 PM
Good to know it's good!
re: Carols for a Cure 2006 - Track list is UP
 Oct 25 2006, 06:46:04 PM
I'm excited for Spelling Bee. Last year's was hysterical.
re: Bway-Themed Halloween Costumes?
 Oct 21 2006, 05:37:45 PM
I'm going as Julia Murney at the Wicked Stagedoor. My friends are going to be my screaming, sobbing fangirls.

Of course, I'll just be telling people I'm a girl with green roots

re: Shrek Musical Announces Creative Team, '08 Debut Potential
 Oct 12 2006, 08:06:03 PM
Oh sweet Jesus. Please no.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You