pixeltracker

You know you're a B'way geek when...

You know you're a B'way geek when...

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#1You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 1:42am

...you see the commercial for the video game F.E.A.R that ends with "They all deserve to die" and you can't resist adding "Tell you why, Mrs. Lovett, tell you why."
What are your geek moments?

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

Julian2
#1re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 2:44am

When you see the trailer for a movie about Robert Kennedy called "Bobby", and all of a sudden, Sondheim is less than silently slipping past your lips.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

Ghosthost999
#2re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 4:14am

| totally did the "Tell you why Mrs. Lovett, tell you why" thing tonight. I'm so glad im not alone

Bwayfan4
#3re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 5:16am

The only CDs in my car are Broadway soundtracks and Broadway singers. It's the only thing I listen to when I am driving!

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#4re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 7:23am

Not too much of a geek Bwayfan4, they are Broadway Cast Recordings NOT soundtracks and as Dame Edna says " I mean that in a caring and sharing way".

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#5re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 9:00am

I too did the "tell you why Mrs.Lovett..." I thought that I was the only one!

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#6re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 9:02am

When you actually care and make a big fuss over soundtrack vs. cast recording.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#7re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 9:04am

When visiting NYC you must walk past every major theater and explain each play to your companions.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#8re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 9:08am

You're discussing baby names and you suggest Eponine for a girl and Marius for a boy.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Behind_the_Spotlight
#9re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 9:15am

"...you see the commercial for the video game F.E.A.R that ends with "They all deserve to die" and you can't resist adding "Tell you why, Mrs. Lovett, tell you why." "

Oh good, I'm not the only one!

When your dad uses spring break in NYC and taking you to your first Broadway shows as a bribe to graduate high school. (Ok, I wasn't actually going to fail, but if it got me to broadway, I wasn't about to tell HIM that...)

MimiLovesRoger Profile Photo
MimiLovesRoger
#10re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 9:49am

When people make fun of you when the only music on your iPod is OBC recordings.

And when people actually call you obsessed with Broadway, because that's the only thing you ever talk about.

Sondheim Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim Geek
#11re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 9:55am

You actually know, and point out that there are thousands of more threads like this, and you also tell the person who started it to do a search.

SondheimGeek: Is it slightly pathetic that you guys get to be Jedi bitches, and I'm Bitchy the Hutt?
LizzieCurry: No, you're more memorable

Hank
#12re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 10:01am

Whenever I drive down Rt 3 East in Clifton, I say "There it is, 'Big Apple City!'".

NYLG Profile Photo
NYLG
#13re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 10:17am

You believe your two-year-old daughter is calling for help from the stairs...because her head is caught between the balusters. When you rush to her rescue, she proceeds to tell you that she is merely "stuck on the steps of the palace"...OY!!!

If you'd have been there...If you'd have seen it...I betcha you would have done the same! - CHICAGO

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#14re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 10:43am

-- You're entertainment center is packed exclusively with cast recordings and movie musicals.

-- You have a closet and a bookcase that is devoted solely to the storage and display of theatre memorabilia. It is organized to the point where all playbills and souvenir programs are alphabetized and all theatre magazines are in order by date.

-- When decorating your new house, you wife wants to hang a watercolor painting in the living room, but you suggest hanging the showcard from the original off-broadway production of Little Shop of Horrors instead.

-- For your one vacation each summer you have gone to NYC for 10 straight years. You get engaged there -- and when it comes time to choose the destination for your honeymoon....you choose NYC over cruises, the beach, Europe, etc.

-- You can think of a showtune that is applicable for any situation or occasion.

-- You can always find a character from a show to relate to with your problems or other people's problems.

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#15re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 10:55am

You actually know, and point out that there are thousands of more threads like this, and you also tell the person who started it to do a search.

When you read this post and exclaim..."BRAVA!!!"

Updated On: 11/9/06 at 10:55 AM

Rose_MacShane
#16re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 12:04pm

I did a search and came up with nothin'.
*razz*

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#17re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 12:07pm

In all fairness, the search engine is flawed and these kind of threads are a lot more difficult to find. It's the duplicate posts on specific show topics that get me.

Nothing but love for you Rose. re: You know you're a B'way geek when...

madlibrarian
#18re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 12:15pm

Bobby... Bobby... Bobby baby... Bobby bubbe....

Junior
#19re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 12:15pm

-When you start going to a restaurant or shopping at a certain store just because you saw a cast member from a broadway show there

-you reserve a copy of a broadway cast recording months in advance (just in case)

-you can point out minute changes in the book/ score of movies based on shows

-you get offended everytime Rosario Dawson sings "New Year's Day" instead of "Christmas Day" in Out Tonight from the movie that should never have been made

-more than half of your wardrobe consists of show t-shirts

-you can't talk to your friends about Beyonce or Justin Timberlake, but you can give an oral report on who's played Mamma Rose and what they did differently

-you think the upcoming Hairspray movie is a joke

Rose_MacShane
#20re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 12:22pm

's cool, Patronus. Let me assure you, all razzing was in fun. :)

#21re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 12:32pm

-When you claim you'll only be a minute in the Marquee's Broadway store then it takes four of you're friends to drag you out kicking and screaming "But I wanted that A CHORUS LINE mug!"

-When you put Broadway actors as you're heroes and inspirtations instead of a singer or actor whose well known.

-When your IPOD has more cast recordings than any other music.

wickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photo
wickedfiyeroofoz
#22re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 12:45pm

-When you can name EVERYONE who has ever played elphaba.
-When your iPod has a playlist called "Diva Moments"
-When you insist on wearing theater related halloween costumes even though no one EVER understands them.
-Whenever you hear a song you take the time to consider if this could possibly be an audition piece
-You sing showtunes even when no one around you is into theater
-AS you watch a non musical movie you can imagine what this would look like as a musical...You start choreographing it in your head too.
- Oh god the list could go on :)

How can they see with sequins in their eyes?

CandarianDemonMoose Profile Photo
CandarianDemonMoose
#23re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 12:49pm

If your response to this thread is "Eh whatever" or you go "Oh God thats me" to any of the responses

Guilty as charged

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#24re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/9/06 at 12:50pm

When you think you have a clever answer to the phrase 'you know you're a Broadway geek when ...'

Videos