News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PaintWordPictures

PaintWordPictures Profile Photo
Member Name: PaintWordPictures
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Pic of Johnny Depp as Sweeney
 Jul 28 2007, 01:23:58 PM
That still just gave me shivers. Holy cow.
re: Songs/Parts of songs that give you chills
 May 31 2007, 12:36:36 AM
* "And I wash my hands..." "The Proposal" Jane Eyre

* the end of "Children of Eden" from Children of Eden.

* IF SUNG CORRECTLY (and not on the cast album...) "you are my favorite of all earthly delights" - Adam and Eve...SO good.

* The beginning and end of "The Gun Song" as well as the barbershop part in the middle from Assassins.

*"In The Way I Love You" Norm Lewis - Side Show. Anything that man sings pretty much...

re: Shows You Didn't Like at first...but you liked later on.
 May 29 2007, 10:34:55 PM
Hairspray - I saw the Tony performance and I thought Marisa's character voice was absolutely horrible. I felt sorry for her and thought the girl was nervous or something. It looked really tacky and I just was NOT interested. I refused to see the show for a couple years until a friend loved it.

Then I saw the whole thing and actually loved it.

re: New 'Grey Gardens' marketing
 May 27 2007, 03:38:59 PM
I have to say - I too appreciate seeing pictures of things "on the streets," especially since I'm not centered in New York, but like to keep up to date for the times when I do get to visit.
re: Pirate Queen Highlights Album Released July 3
 May 18 2007, 11:11:00 PM
Ah! Day Beyond Belclare!!! Every time I see the title I get the song stuck in my head for HOURS, and I don't know more than just that one line!!!

I'll Be There is a highlight for me as well... and is "Here On This Night" still part of the show? Because I actually really liked it too...

Just curious all over to see how the music has changed. I've read a lot about it, but not heard it first hand.

re: What is your favorite funny line from a musical?
 May 15 2007, 05:18:18 PM
"Have you ever considered shooting Franklin D. Roosevelt?"
"You think it help?"
"I couldn't hurt."

re: Jane Eyre?
 May 15 2007, 05:15:36 PM
I absolutely LOVE Jane Eyre. (AS everybody else in this thread obviously does.) I've only heard the Broadway version so I am baised in LOVING Barbour's performance (I think Rochester as the more Baritone sound is absolutely perfection for what I look for from the novel). But I've heard a few songs with Crivello and I like him as well, but AH! Just thinking about the musical melts me. The book is so rich and I love that they really entwined the themes from the book, not just the story. (Jane as a
re: Was Martin really in love with THE GOAT?
 Apr 20 2007, 02:17:05 AM
I was always confused about the fact that the A.R. Gurney play
"Sylvia" is about basically the same premise, only with a dog, and its more comedic. Any connection between these two plays? Same source material or something I just completely missed?

re: The Pirate Queen Reviews
 Apr 6 2007, 03:34:42 PM
It is dissapointing that when things had started looking up for this show after Chicago, it gets completely massacred. Given its obvious flaws (hell, give me a show without any at all, if you can) I was intrigued by the work in Chicago and hope it at least sticks around for the summer tourist season so I can catch a glimpse of the progress made. Maybe it won't run 23492349832478932 years like Les Mis, but perhaps it could still do a respectable run... Anybody have info on what the reviews for Le
re: Seth Rudetsky as Man in Chair
 Mar 26 2007, 10:49:20 PM
He might not be as reserved in real life, but I'd like to imagine there's hope for people to ACT in a way they wouldn't normally be... I'd love to see Seth Rudestsky in anything. I think he'd be quite a powerful Elphaba, and an even more compelling Glinda.
re: The Phantom Of Manhattan Update
 Mar 1 2007, 10:19:04 PM
The man still has several good, basically epic and extremely popular shows, so I don't think one horrible stinker is going to kill his career. His credibility has been put in question long before this show was talked about... I mean, how many of this last shows were not successes? Whether he writes something horribly absurd next, I'm not going to enjoy the original Phantom music any less (though a bit overdone, still majestic in person.)

Yes, this show sounds like an AWFUL idea, but the

re: Wicked Chicago New Pictures
 Feb 27 2007, 04:52:20 PM
"TECHNICALLY" Glinda has always been a red-head if you go back to the Wizard of Oz movie days. (I say it in quotations because I don't know if the original book says either way, though I know the Macguire book is specifically blonde... It would be a nice cross over to further combine all the nostalgia... if only the blonde jokes werent so funny!)
re: For those who wanna hear Jennifer Hudson sing THE SONG
 Feb 25 2007, 08:27:02 PM
No, Jennifer will be singing the song from Dreamgirls that was nominated for "Best Song" which has to be original specifically written for the movie, so its' not "AITY..." I just don't remember the actual name of the song because I haven't paid much attention.
re: the most boring show you've seen
 Feb 25 2007, 05:22:46 PM
Arcadia is an infinitely enjoyable show to act in (from experience), but I'm not sure how it'd go over as an audience member.

My most boring show was probably "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas." It didn't hurt that it was horribly horribly done.

re: Spring Awakening song synopsis
 Feb 13 2007, 07:13:50 PM
I'm bumping this because it took me FOREVER to find it through search, and I was sure someone would have posted it.

Also - would anyone be able to copy and paste that page into an e-mail? I would appreciate it SOOO much. My stupid school's filter obviously filtered the entire page. I cannot WAIT to move to Boston. :)

re: Photo Coverage: Pirate Queen Press Rehearsal
 Feb 13 2007, 06:50:03 PM
LittleFish - As one nowhere near a trained singer, I actually agree on the last note! His resonance usually stuns me but the very last note (granted, we didnt get the whole thing) but I was surprised he didn't have his mouth open further! (nothing i'd notice if actually sitting in the Hilton, but still...
 Feb 13 2007, 04:53:09 PM
Speaking of Hadley shirtless... I played the clip of him singing 'I'll Be There' to one of my extremely non-musical-fan apartment roommates because I NEEDED to share it with someone. She immediately said 'wow... that could only be better if he were shirtless.' I giggled like a little school girl.
 Feb 13 2007, 04:32:34 PM
*breathes*
I haven't heard Hadley sing that "I'll Be There" interval since I saw Pirate Queen in October... how have I lived?

re: Tell Us Your Frank Wildhorn Favorites!
 Dec 15 2006, 04:09:59 PM
I know there's some debate about Pimpernel casts, but the song "Falcon in the Dive" when sung by Terrence Mann gives me shivers. I've listened to some other guys do the song and it left me with the taste of disappointment in my mouth. But when sung correctly I think it's wonderful!
re: Derrick Williams as Fiyero
 Dec 14 2006, 07:00:30 PM
I wasn't hit really strong either way by Derrick, but I can tell you that when I saw him perform Dancing Through Life was the first time I realized that the choreography was to make everyone look like a scarecrow. Everyone else I've seen has just kind of breezed through it, and I liked that I finally made the connection (I knew about the Scarecrow connection before I saw the show, so I was looking for similarities and I didn't pick that one up for a few viewings.)

But that might just be

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You