News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadway Style

Broadway Style Profile Photo
Member Name: Broadway Style
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What if Sondheim wrote greeting cards?  Nov 15 2006, 02:44:21 AM
Do you think that walls can hide you?
Even now I'm at your window
I am in the dark beside you...

You'll never escape.
Love,
Your stalker

In the curtains
in the silver
in the buttons
In the bread...
Every day a little dies..

Happy divorce babe. I'm suing you for all you've got.

Musical Sequels?  Oct 1 2006, 02:17:38 AM
I just saw someone carrying around the sequel book to Wicked and I started wondering-- have people ever tried to make sequels of sucessful musicals?It's obviously a very popular practice in film, but has anyone tried to make Les Miz 2? or Cats 2? etc.
re: Bridge and Tunnel and The Pajama Game reviews  Jan 30 2006, 03:28:31 PM
Couldn't agree more about "Bridge and Tunnel." I saw it last year and Sarah is seriously amazing. Go see it everyone.
re: Jessica Simpson on Broadway?!  Jan 30 2006, 03:25:57 PM
Muscle, are you implying that Mariah Carey is not talented enough to get a record deal without "banging Tommy Mottola????"
re: Idina update  Jan 30 2006, 03:20:38 PM
People, People, this is clearly meant to be a beacon for the "teenyboppers." She's TRYING to get them to show up. Plus, have you guys realized that some of these "teenyboppers" have some, shall we say INFLUENTIAL parents?
re: New Rent 'For Your Consideration' Poster  Jan 15 2006, 10:07:05 PM
Wow, I am seriously one of the most critical people about acting and I absolutely enjoyed Adam's performance. Not wild about the movie but I thought Adam transitioned really well to screen and there was a sense of honesty in his Roger that I found lacking in a few of the other characters. I tend to agree with luvtheemcee here--I feel like people are just bashing him because "he's not an actor" and "hasn't been trained."
re: TV ALERT - Kristin Chenoweth on Ellen  Jan 3 2006, 10:55:02 PM
I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard during this.
"Breathe from your hoo-haa!" --I have seriously never heard anyone call it that. Dear Kristin: Please be MY voice teacher.

re: Menzel/Cheno - Clarification Please  Dec 11 2005, 08:48:34 PM
Sweeneyfan, I think you are being too harsh. Let people specualte about what went on "behind the scenes" it's not embarrassing, it's human nature and WHOLE cable networks like E! are devoted to it. It only becomes a problem when it becomes invasive. This specific case is pretty harmless.

Plus, on the whole people are reading these sites issue: the fact that people care enough to talk about Idina and Kristin endlessly should be taken as a good sign.

Walk outs  Nov 26 2005, 03:12:30 PM
Well, here is an interesting tidbit of news to report. It sounds like the walk-outs thus far have been predominantly middle-aged people who were offended by the material. BUT I saw it in the Bay Area this week and two gay couples walked out of the showing. One couple walked out just about halfway through the movie. The guys stood up, rolled their eyes at each other and glanced at the rest of the theater, snickered and took off. The other couple I guess wanted to give it some more time, but end
re: RENT SCREENING review (11/8/05)  Nov 9 2005, 08:30:02 PM
"If this film is mediocre or just plain bad, then no one person involved in it should be exclusively to blame."

Well, I plan to blame Chris. You need imagination to write a screenplay(even if it is an adaptation) and direct.

re: 'All Grown Up' from BARE sheet music?  Nov 9 2005, 12:16:43 AM
Unfortunately, it's currently MIA from Michael's collection. Good thought though. Anymore?

"All Grown Up" from BARE sheet music?  Nov 8 2005, 08:27:11 PM
I know it's out there but for whatever reason, I can't seem to locate it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

re: Sweet Charity - Dance off Competition videos -oh my...  Nov 8 2005, 07:47:16 PM
Well in terms of dancing ability alone---Diana.
re: Let's Do Lunch: Rent Film Stars Ready for Release; VIDEO from Broadway.  Nov 8 2005, 12:18:49 AM
I love Tracie! She's being very respectful and trying to look interested but secretly eyeing th emenu out of the coner of her her.
re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED  Oct 31 2005, 12:31:54 AM
Oh My goodness. I just read this whole thread and I went from being outraged(at how ridiculously some posters were behaving) to laughing uncontrollably because the last 3 pages of this thread are highly entertaining.

Doug-I don't see a problem with your idea and I respect you very much for being so proactive in trying to realize your vision. HOWEVER, I just don't think it will work. Aside from all the logistical problems which everyone has recounted ad nauseum I fail to understand wha

re: I hate the title of see what i wanna see.  Oct 29 2005, 09:09:51 PM
Yes, it's what happened with "The Play About the Baby"
"I"m going to see the Play About the Baby"
"Which one?"
"The Play About the Baby."
"Yes, but wat's it called?'
"THE PLAY ABOUT THE BABY. That's what it's called."
"Weird."

re: Idina Menzel article in New York magazine  Oct 24 2005, 04:32:11 PM
Wow, this interview brings back my affection for Idina which admittedly had been waning. I love that it's candid and it just feels so honest that you can't help not loving her.
My favorite quote:
"I feel like people don't give me enough credit for my training."
I wonder where she got that idea?

re: What theater is SEASONS OF LOVE filmed in?  Oct 23 2005, 01:11:21 PM
I agree with Starbuck! As someone who has been to the Paramount numerous times and performed on the stage before it seems like a perfect fit. Excellent work.
re: Most stunning broadway star  Oct 20 2005, 04:37:38 PM
Melissa Errico and Bernadette Peters.

--Laura Bell Bundy is beautiful in person but for some reason I saw her on t.v. last night and she was not looking so hot

re: Bernadette Peters went on with the show this weekend.  Oct 18 2005, 05:43:30 PM
Bernadette Peters is the only performer to ever have given me chills. I wish I could write her a letter that would express the empathy and admiration I feel toward her for continuing on in these devastating circumstances but I can't because I wouldn't know what to say nor would it mean very much because it would just be an anonymous letter in a sea of many. It just seems so unfair that a woman who has given me so much should go through these difficult circumstances and I have nothing to give b
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You