News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for VoiceofReason

VoiceofReason Profile Photo
Member Name: VoiceofReason
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: My Little Mermaid review  Aug 7 2007, 03:38:18 PM
would someone who has seen the show (or a script) explain to those of us less-well informed folk, what exactly the plot of this little mermaid is. it sounds like the first act is like the disney movie, and then act 2 delves into something completely different?
re: Incredible DAMN YANKEES at DC's Arena Stage  Dec 22 2005, 03:09:11 PM
I have to agree as strongly as possible. I have been going to see the Arena Stage winter productions since Guys and Dolls (Guys and Dolls, South Pacific, The Importance of Being Earnest, Camelot, etc.) and Damn Yankees was just too much fun! Though to me the show is somewhat dated, I really have never had such a good time in a theater. What made it so much more special was that the performers looked like they were having a ball too! When we went there were pleanty of empty seats, though, like
re: Wicked in Washington D.C.  Dec 22 2005, 02:06:31 PM
I was at opening night last night---I'll start off by saying that I have no idea whether or not the First Lady was there, and I doubt there was a lottery--the show has been sold out at the Kennedy Center for at least a month.
As for the show: I went with my parents and sister. I had seen the show on Broadway twice, once with the complete original cast, and once (with my parents) with Laura Bell Bundy as Glinda. This was my sister's first time, so I'll try and incorporate the different pers

re: New song in Rent?  Aug 24 2005, 09:30:48 PM
Well, though it may upset some; I don't think we can rule out a BRAND NEW song. I mean, the group includes a few (in my opinion excellent) singer/songwriters....perhaps some OBC collaborating led to a new song in J's honor?
re: the NEW dirty rotten lottery  Aug 17 2005, 06:47:49 PM
Maybe I'm just misreading this (or just not thinking clearly) but for people who have already seen the show and want to do lottery for a second go round (remember this excludes newbies), wouldn't it be fun to be in the boxes? especially if its the one behind where Freddy makes his appearance in OK. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I think it could be kind of fun.
re: Princess Bride Cast Musings  Aug 12 2005, 01:54:26 PM
Ha Plum- no need to duck; 'tis true that I was thinking more along the lines of looks with that suggestions...keeping that in mind...what about Patrick Wilson?
re: Princess Bride Cast Musings  Aug 12 2005, 12:48:04 PM
I'm thinking more along the lines of Gavin Creel as Westly, but I agree that regardless of the Piazza connection, Kelli O'Hara definitely seems ideal for Buttercup---but clearly this won't be in motion for a while, so who knows!
re: RENT Movie in ELLE magazine  Aug 6 2005, 05:23:42 PM
And now the full scan is up at that link too!
re: RENT Movie in ELLE magazine  Aug 6 2005, 05:22:37 PM
Here's the text to the article:
The Article:

RENT Vox Populist

A decade ago, The play RENT exploded onto Broadway and musicals became hip again. Everywhere, it seemed, exhuberant RENT-heads were belting out, "Five-hundred twenty-fve thousand six-hundred minutes!" (That's how many there are in one year, according to the show's anthem, "Seasons of Love.")
The Pulitzer Prize winning RENT wasn't just a theater junkie obsession; college kids and thier moms were wearing out t

re: RENT Movie in ELLE magazine  Aug 6 2005, 05:20:46 PM
ok- so the person who sent them to me scanned Kristin's thing, and only half of the Rent spread (the part with the article. I'll see what else I can find:
http://community.webshots.com/album/414957198TyEPNV

re: RENT Movie in ELLE magazine  Aug 6 2005, 04:50:30 PM
someone is sending them to me right now to post....it will take like 2/3 min. but they'll be up there!
re: RENT Movie in ELLE magazine  Aug 6 2005, 04:31:38 PM
Scanner? Anyone? Anyone? ....Bueller?
re: Idina Menzel TMOLM - Disappointing  Aug 5 2005, 07:58:07 PM
New Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=42UVCD7S
re: Idina Menzel TMOLM - Disappointing  Aug 5 2005, 07:23:31 PM
yeah its been overused--hang on, ill put up a fresh one
re: Idina Menzel TMOLM - Disappointing  Aug 5 2005, 06:09:42 PM
I'm figuring this isn't illegal since it was a public event and there were no announcements banning videography or picture taking--but if it is illegal (or just uncouth) to have footage on this site, I will take it down immediatley. (I realize I can't spell, forgive me, I'm tired).

OK-so since the bway video didn't give what I believe to be the most accurate portrayal, heres another (better in my opinion) take. My final thoughts: doesn't matter if you hate Idina or love Idina, she

re: Question about tours during the holiday season...  Aug 1 2005, 08:46:39 PM
Thank you so much for all of your help! In the end, we decided to see it opening night here in DC (the musical was Wicked), so I am very excited, and very appreciative of all of your comments.
Thanks a mil,
~m

Any help appreciated: Question about tours during the holiday season...  Aug 1 2005, 06:53:06 PM
I was curious if anyone could shed some light on this topic for me...
There is a tour (which shall not be named) that will be in my neck of the woods during hte winter holiday season. I have suggested to the family that we go see it Christmas day night, and all but one agreed, citing: "Won't we only see understudies, since all the leads will want to be with their families?"
I quickly said no, but snuck up here to see what you guys thought/know...any information would be useful before

re: Wicked- No Flying for Dame.  Jul 27 2005, 09:59:07 PM
I just think if they had her moving around more, or even doing a 'Peter Pan' fly--it would have just looked hokey. I'm not saying that the moment as it is is the most sophisticated possibility, but the way Peter flies in 'Pan' works becase of the story--the musical is a true fairytale story where we all expect and love that type of flying, as it is what makes the most sense. For the one moment in Wicked--it makes sense to have her simply rise and belt it out--this is her diva/comingofage/deter
re: Musicals Represented in Non-Musical Movies  Jul 22 2005, 09:14:43 PM
More Will and Grace:
Wizard of Oz--

KAREN: I don't think you understand what just happened here. The only other person I've ever apologized to was my mother, and that was court ordered. So please accept my apology in the spirit in which it was intended or I'll kick you in the gittles.

JACK: No! Now be gone before someone drops a house on you!

KAREN: Hey, up yours, Dorothy.

re: John Lithgow's vacation confirmed by telecharge  Jul 19 2005, 01:53:51 PM
Saw it with Tom a few weeks ago. His comic timing was not incredible, but his voice was delightful. "Love Sneaks In" was absolutely gorgeous--saw it with a friend who had previously seen it with John--her notes were mainly that he just didn't have the same chemistry with Norbert (as to be expected), and that Tom wasn't as comedically inclined, but that his singing far exceeded the previous performance. Overall--I still fell head-over-heels for the show, and Gregory, Joanna, Sherie, Norbert, e
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You