News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for i-heart-bway

i-heart-bway Profile Photo
Member Name: i-heart-bway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Steven Sater's Lyrics
 Aug 12 2007, 03:19:27 PM
this is unfair! that is an opinion.
like, my opinion, i think the worst part is Lea.
She's got a gorgeous voice...but her acting...not good.

TV star to star in LB?
 Aug 11 2007, 06:06:47 PM
I can see Kristen Bell being a great choice for Elle. I loved the Fame video. It wasn't great for her voice...but after seeing that, I can definitely see her as Elle. Good good. I'm crossing my fingers!
 Aug 11 2007, 06:02:13 PM
I think that that particular line fits perfectly with the whole show....they're just a bunch of teens....this is Spring Awakening. NOT Phantom or Les Mis.
 Aug 11 2007, 05:13:23 PM
I agree with the comment about Whispering.
However....
I think that "The Dark I Know Well" is one of the best songs in the whole show. It's very very deep...but I enjoy listening to it.
Not to mention, Lili and Lauren have gorgeous voices.

re: Pride and Prejudice Musical
 Jun 13 2007, 09:10:23 PM
Oh...wow. Say it isn't so.....
This is a great story...but I'm not sure about how great it would be as a musical. I shudder at the mere thought of seeing Darcy singing...although on second thought...lol
Hm, I don't agree with this being a musical. I think it would completely destroy Jane Austen's work, but...who am I to say what a good show is or isn't...I like Spring Awakening. Lol, SUE ME.

Jun 10 2007, 01:17:52 AM
I just get annoyed when people feel the need to complain about the little things that don't even matter.
I think what makes a really good show is how it gets across to the people watching. If you can walk away after seeing a show, and it leaves an impact on you like Spring Awakening does, it has accomplished the ultimate goal.
It should be the actual content of the show that you either like or dislike..not the little "rhyming problem" that most people seem to find terribly annoying and

Jun 8 2007, 03:44:37 PM
I am 16 years old, just about the same as many of the characters in Spring Awakening. I've read the play, and to be honest, the lyrics tell the story perfectly. I couldn't imagine them any other way...
So many of the lyrics allow teens to relate, I think that is why so many kids my age have been drawn to this show: They Can Relate.
And like the 8th grade teacher said a while back, when he listens to his students express their opinion, he really listens, with respect, and as a friend. No

re: Spring Awakening Choreography Tony
 Jun 7 2007, 04:23:05 PM
I agree...just because the characters in SA have names does not mean that they're a principle character. I recall listening to a Rent podcast where they (meaning actors playing Mark, Collins, Mimi and Roger) all introduced themselves as ensemble members.

And the choreography is suited beautifully for the tone and mood of the show. The show has it's outrageous moments...as does the choreography that goes with that part...for instance, The Bitch of Living...its an overwhelming, out-there

re: How do you find out scheduled leaves for actors?
 Jun 7 2007, 02:24:18 PM
I talk to one of the SA swings, and he said that Lea, J-Groff, and Gallagher hardly ever miss (and if I'm correct, they haven't to this date...) but, anways, he said that he usually doesn't find out that he's going on until maybe the day before, or the day of the performance. The only occasions he does know when he will go on is if someone is going on vacation on a specific date... I don't think that helps, but I thought I'd add my input. Lol
re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Jun 6 2007, 01:08:50 PM
I didn't necessarily "get it back", but while at Wicked in Chicago, I got a poster signed by the whole cast. I've also gotten many emails from Spring Awakening understudies Matt Doyle and Gerard Cononico.
re: Broadway Crush?
 Jun 6 2007, 11:39:00 AM
I've conformed and joined the Spring Awakening bandwagon. I would have to say that my Broadway crush is deffinitely John Gallagher Jr. Either him or Matt Doyle, who is the lead Melchior understudy. John has amazing talent, and Matt...is hot.
re: 'Disney's High School Musical (the movie)'--my thoughts
 Jun 6 2007, 11:33:57 AM
Bway Local is completely right! HSM has paved the way for kids to Broadway. What I mean is... most kids these days are into normal things like sports, friends, watching tv...but not enough are... "cultured". I don't know a lot of kids that like musicals or anything of that sort. I think that what High School Musical has done is a great thing. Disney was right to make this into a stage production and hopefully take it to Broadway. That way, kids can will-fully go to the theatre and actually enjoy
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You