News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gillybean

gillybean Profile Photo
Member Name: gillybean
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Spelling Bee Tour Review -2/24 Matinee in Louisville, KY
 Feb 25 2007, 06:17:12 PM
I have to disagree with the posts that have been made. I loved the tour and I thought the men were really strong. And, actually, I found Michael Zahler's Coneybear to be outstanding and anything but boring...and I actually found him to be a standout. I guess it proves opinions differ! Having seen the original cast, there weren't any performances in the tour that I found to be less than and even if there were, I am not sure I would feel comfortable bashing them on this forum. However, I agree
Tour in Reno
 Dec 29 2006, 03:05:55 PM
This is a little late, but I happened to be in Lake Tahoe visiting family last week and realized the tour was a few hours away. Knowing it was my only chance to see it, I rented a car and went and saw the show. The theatre was kind of a let down space wise. It was dumpy and I was shocked to see a first national tour there. However, I was thrilled once the show started.

I have seen it bunch of times in NY because a friend is an intern at 321 and I have to say, having not seen the o

re: 'Spelling Bee' Contestant Gets Sick in Baltimore :(
 Sep 22 2006, 10:47:17 AM
My friend is an intern at 321 and said Dana and the other covers started rehearsals last week learning all the roles so she only did Logan for two days of the week. They came in Monday evening and met the cast . At rehearsal Tuesdat afternoon, Sarah was ill and they asked if Dana would be ready to go on Tuesday night and started to go through the show with her. I guess they did a short put in with her and apparently taught her the sign language and end of the show which she hadn't learned. TH
Spelling Bee
 Sep 4 2006, 08:53:23 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Have any understudies been on yet? I am pretty new to the board but I have seen the show 5 times now in NY and was pretty excited to see I knew of the Olive/Logainne cover on the tour from seeing her in some shows she has done the past few years in college. She is so talented and is always so gracious whenever I have approached her- tiny little girl with a huge voice and presence, stole every show I saw her in. If anyone knows of vacations, please post here so I c
re: Spelling Bee tour review- first show!
 Aug 22 2006, 02:59:11 PM
I'm so glad to hear the show is good. I loved the show in NYC. I looked at the site and saw that the Olive/Logainne u/s is Dana Steingold whom I have seen perform numerous times over the years. She is fantastic-gorgeous voice and a true commedienne (sp?) as well as being a genuinely sweet sweet girl. I believe she just graduated in May...not suprised to see her working so quickly. Does anyone know about planned vacations? It seemed on the Allinance web site the covers were not listed as cast mem
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You