News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for That Groovy Guy

That Groovy Guy Profile Photo
Member Name: That Groovy Guy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Profile? It's the side of my face. :o)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Call me odd... most disturbing plays?  Mar 7 2016, 04:59:45 AM

The Crucible

Misery - Who is to blame for this?  Feb 8 2016, 12:22:50 AM

Saw the show today.  I agree that Laurie Metcalf was great.  I very much disagree with blaming the audience for laughing.  Annie is such an over the top character that the Paul Sheldon character has to balance that out.  Unfortunately Bruce Willis was flat flat flat.  The only tension was when people saw Paul tied to the bed and knew what was coming.  To be honest I don't think I've ever been to a comedy that got this much laughter and today too the audie

Britney Spears Musical  Jan 30 2016, 03:48:10 PM

Just think...the lead wouldn't have to sing a word.  It's Britney songs.  They could lip synch the whole thing!

BroadwayCon:  Dec 13 2015, 10:39:55 AM

The Broadwaycon site is very unclear.  What ticket level gets you autographs?  $50? $125? $250? 

The site doesn't give any clear indication.  Based on their very vague verbiage I'm guessing $125.  Is that right?

The Mikado controversy  Sep 21 2015, 07:50:14 PM

According to reports the cast is NOT all white so all of the whiteblaming and whiteshaming is not only out of place but just a cheap shot at being racist in a manner which is deemed acceptable by many lately. Why just bash the white cast?  Why totally gloss over the people of color in the cast?  I'll tell you why....because it's convenient and whiteblaming and whiteshaming is a prevalent form of racism nowadays.

Ellen's Stardust Diner  Sep 21 2015, 07:46:18 PM

Skimble, please consider the source - the source of all the negativity - theater snobs.  The place is wildly wildly popular so many people are crazy about the place and go repeatedly.  I suggest you check it out once and form your own opinion.  The food is ok, nothing special, and a little expensive for what you get but so is anything in the theater district.  People don't go for the food anyway; they go for the experience.  It can be fun.  Yes, it gets very

Crucible Revival  Aug 6 2015, 11:14:51 PM

No James2, it shouldn't.  Having a black Elizabeth Proctor is completely ridiculous.  Now let the flame war begin.

LES MIS Announces New Leads for Second Year on Broadway; Plus Tony Nominee Ramin Karimloo Extends!  Jan 31 2015, 01:52:14 PM
Madame Thernardier must have been messing around if she has a white husband and a black daughter. I have no problem with "color blind casting" as long as it isn't illogical or distracting. Last time I saw Les Mis, young Eponine didn't look black but somehow grew up to be a radically different looking black woman.
Verbal abuse in the audience  Jan 21 2015, 10:08:33 AM
I think that this is definitely a case of racism - on the part of Collier Meyerson. It doesn't matter what color she or her hair is. Wearing her hair in such a manner was completely thoughtless, (especially to one side, as it is) knowing that there would be people sitting behind you. She may has worn a large sombrero. But she didn't think. Well, yes, actually she DID think - only of herself. If she herself doesn't consider her hair "tame" it sounds like she's unhappy with it - so why not
Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door  Dec 26 2014, 01:42:44 PM
Stage dooring comes with the territory. Always has; always will. Yes, they don't HAVE to do it but if actors are so annoyed by it they should find another line of work. (Then again, where can you find a part-time job that pays so much money?) It makes as much sense as working in a stable and getting mad if you get sh!t on your shoes.
Rob Marshall to Bring FOLLIES to the Big Screen?  Dec 3 2014, 12:53:40 AM
"That Groovy Guy do you really think so? I thought it was absolutely marvelous."

Yes. I went with a few friends and we all hated it. Danny Burstein and Jan Maxwell were the only thing that kept me awake. Although I didn't care about any of the characters and thought all of the music was horrifically dull and forgettable, Danny and Jan were good despite the lousy material they were given.

Rob Marshall to Bring FOLLIES to the Big Screen?  Dec 2 2014, 10:27:30 PM
Good God that was one of THE worst shows I've ever seen. With Peters, Paige et al. I couldn't even get up to walk out because multiple people in my row were fast asleep. Dead serious.
re: I Just Saw CATS For The First Time...  Nov 25 2014, 12:12:17 AM
If you're saying that the Winter Garden theater was the best thing about the show you're basically admitting that the show itself is a pretty crappy show.
Flop musicals with great scores.  Oct 13 2013, 10:55:44 PM
Drowsy Chaperone recouped in less than seven months so not exactly a flop.
How important is BroadwayWorld to Broadway?  Apr 14 2013, 01:00:06 PM
By "Broadway" do you mean the same Broadway that was a success for, what, well over 100 years before BWW came along? Maybe "important" is just a really bad word choice.
Grey Gardens for rent  Feb 2 2013, 09:20:37 AM
$150K for winter? Is that for a month or the whole winter (in a summer town)?
RIP Patty Andrews 1918-2013  Jan 30 2013, 05:50:55 PM
By Associated Press,
Jan 30, 2013 10:30 PM EST

AP Updated: Wednesday, January 30, 4:30 PM
LOS ANGELES — Patty Andrews, the last surviving member of the singing Andrews Sisters trio whose hits such as the rollicking “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B” and the poignant “I Can Dream, Can’t I?” captured the home-front spirit of World War II, died Wednesday. She was 94.

Andrews died of natural causes at her home in the Los Angeles suburb of Northridge, said family spokesm

Best Les Miz Summary Ever  Dec 30 2012, 02:15:43 PM
The majority of the film was in Extreme close-up; so extreme that they often didn't fit their whole head in the shot. I would think that this may have saved money on sets (which seemed almost entirely CGI) and costumes (which often looked like "costumes" and very bad ones at that). Due to these closeups, one of my foremost observations in the film was the state of every characters teeth, making me wonder just exactly what kind of makeup (?) or effects they put on them to look so yellow and dirt
Great performances in Not So Great shows.  Dec 24 2012, 09:36:19 AM
Jan Maxwell (and Danny Burstein) in that incredible dog that was Follies
Original Revival Cast of OVER HERE?  Dec 19 2012, 01:05:05 PM
Bring back Patty Andrews!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You