News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for redmustang

Member Name: redmustang
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

RIP Polly Bergen  Sep 20 2014, 05:21:49 PM
She was so funny in Move Over, Darling with Doris Day and James Garner. We lost James July 19 and Polly today. RIP, my darling.
Bye Bye Birdie and Follies  Jul 31 2014, 12:24:46 PM
Sorry everyone - my friend thought each show had a song called One Last Kiss. I spanked him.
Bye Bye Birdie and Follies  Jul 27 2014, 07:17:56 PM
I've checked the obvious: opening dates, closing dates, # of performances, etc. He said it has nothing to do with casts or plot lines. I will post the answer tomorrow.
Bye Bye Birdie and Follies  Jul 27 2014, 06:43:19 PM
I was asked this question today by a friend: What do the original productions of these two shows have in common?
Missed a show-- any chance of refund?  Apr 20 2014, 12:51:00 AM
Years ago, I had tickets for Amy's View with Judi Dench for a Wed. evening but thought they were for Thur. night. Bought tickets for Annie Get Your Gun for Wed. night. Then went to Amy's View on Thur. No one caught the error till we were seated. About 10 minutes before curtain, the usher brought two people to our seats. She examined both sets of tickets and informed me that "your tickets were for last night." She told us to go to the lobby, ask for the manager, and he would help us. After explai
Grey Gardens  May 17 2013, 12:19:05 AM
When she heard I was going to NY, a friend at work asked was I seeing GG. I said What is it? She explained the premise and I had vaguely remembered something about Jackie's relatives trying to be forced out of their house. GG was the last show I saw that trip. Totally blew me away, Ebersole was stunning. I was an emotional mess at the end. Months later I bought the DVD documentaries and was stunned by how much the two actresses in Act 2 captured those two fascinating women. Have re-watched the D
The Rink 1984  May 6 2013, 02:13:40 AM
I was trying to be kind.
The Rink 1984  May 6 2013, 02:06:52 AM
Never got to see this show starring two of my favorite performers: Rivera and Minnelli. I love the score. Have read that Liza was in the show only several months due to health issues. Not sure I believe all the stories. Wondered if anyone who saw the show with Liza could talk about her performance and how she delivered my favorite song All the Children in a Row. On the OBC CD Liza sounds quite emotional and very powerful. The song is nearly six minutes long and comes very near the end of the sho
Need Guidance to Gershwin Theatre seating  Apr 30 2013, 06:53:27 PM
Personally, I'd rather sit Center Orch. EE 110. But, if I had to sit Front Mezzanine, I'd prefer dead center Row E over slightly left Row C. Enjoy the show.
Possible Wicked film casting idea  Mar 10 2013, 12:52:25 AM
Sorry I butted in. Let's go back to discussing Lea and Gaga for the leads in Wicked - the Movie.
Possible Wicked film casting idea  Mar 10 2013, 12:46:40 AM
A lot of college females are in their 40's. Remember, the original Broadway stars were in their 30's. Of course, the producers could always take a chance and go with Chenoweth and Menzel. But they better hurry.
Possible Wicked film casting idea  Mar 10 2013, 12:31:36 AM
I don't know who to cast in Wicked - the Movie. You need two female stars who are bankable, to bring the movie fans to the theatres. To satisfy the producers. But they need to be young enough to be believable as college roommates. The best I can come up with is Zeta-Jones and Kidman. They have the star power, kinda. They can both sing, kinda. I don't think Nicole could handle Defying Gravity, that would have to go to Zeta-Jones, which makes her Elphaba. Despite her Oscar, I don't think Hathaway
Possible Wicked film casting idea  Mar 10 2013, 12:09:21 AM
I thought we were talking about movie musicals. And all of Lansbury's Oscar nominations came before she was a Broadway star. My point is, a lot of Broadway stars in musicals don't transfer well to movie musicals. The magic that makes them glow on the stage just doesn't jump off the big screen. Some exceptions: Andrews, Streisand, Merman.
Possible Wicked film casting idea  Mar 9 2013, 11:45:56 PM
As we all have learned, not all real talented Broadway stars transfer well to movies: Gwen Verdon, Carol Channing, Angela Lansbury, Bernadette Peters... on and on...
Inside The Actors Studio with Sondheim, Peters  Mar 2 2013, 09:30:23 PM
Actors Studio webpage says Sondheim was season 1, ep 3 and Peters was season 6, ep 4. At least we know that much.
Bernadette Vs. Patti  Feb 11 2013, 04:53:13 PM
The question is: Which of these talented actresses will win Tony #3 first? And who else has 2 Tonys? Besides Murphy, Chita, Bacall, Ebersole, Liza, and Foster?
Why is Barry Manilow not selling better?  Feb 11 2013, 04:31:46 PM
I think he's really a Barry Manilow impersonator.
Chita is out of Drood.  Feb 1 2013, 07:09:35 PM
I've been on here too long. I misread the subject as "Chita is out of Blood." Feel much better now.
Liza Minnelli and  Feb 1 2013, 05:44:05 PM
I thought Liza may be having an episode of Bell's Palsy. It's a paralysis on one side of your face, especially noticable when you smile, which she seems to be avoiding in the photos. I had an episode several years ago. It is not a stroke. Only the facial muscles are affected. Goes away in several weeks, but can reoccur.
Liza Minnelli and  Feb 1 2013, 05:38:16 PM
I saw photos of Mr. York when Cabaret premiered on the West Coast last year, and was shocked then. He is unrecognizable. Have we all aged so badly?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You