News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ThatDirectorGuy

Member Name: ThatDirectorGuy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hedwig or Disgraced Ticket Exchange?
 Sep 21 2014, 12:23:25 PM
At the Flea Market today, I got two tickets each for these shows on October 1st, and can't see both at the same time. Anyone willing to exchange for a different date? Hedwig is mezzanine, Disgraced is balcony.
Hedwig Lottery Seats
 May 3 2014, 12:24:39 PM
I might try Hedwig lottery at some point. What seats typically are given away? Both in terms of location and audience participation (sometimes I feel like I want to just watch the show and not be involved with audience participation, not sure if this is one of those time)? I appreciate it.
Rant about the 2014 TONY NOMINATIONS here
 Apr 29 2014, 09:36:38 AM
Also, is it just me, or is the Best Play race completely up in the air now (if it ever wasn't)? Initially I thought the nominations might have tipped it one way or the other towards Act One or Casa Valentina, but they've gotten fairly similar numbers.
Rant about the 2014 TONY NOMINATIONS here
 Apr 29 2014, 09:16:40 AM
Not so much a rant, but this is the only place where I see this sort of discussion going on.

Is this the first time an individual has gotten two acting nominations in the same year like Rylance has? I'm a bit fascinated.

I'm also a bit surprised No Man's Land/Waiting for Godot got no love. I saw No Man's Land and thought it was a well executed production.

Aladdin and Newsies Switch Rush and Lotto
 Apr 17 2014, 10:50:38 AM
According to Playbill, Newsies and Aladdin are now switching their same day ticket policies. Aladdin is now doing a lottery, Newsies is now doing a rush. Not sure if that had been brought up before but it's the first time I've heard of this. Thoughts?
2014 Musical Tonys Thoughts?
 Apr 1 2014, 03:43:58 PM
Classified and eligible as? I'm not sure.

If the past is any indication? In the past shows such as Rain, The Rascals, Barry Manilow at the Broadway Theatre and others have typically not been nominated for anything. I will pretty safely assume that none of these shows will get nominations based on said past history.

Mar 31 2014, 10:42:54 AM
The threads I mostly noticed were on specific categories within the musical awards, whereas my intent was to have thoughts related to all the categories.

That being said, if people feel that this thread is unnecessary or redundant, I have no problem with it either being deleted or have it just go down to the bottom of the board. Up to if people feel this thread serves a purpose or not.

Mar 31 2014, 10:20:13 AM
All of the musicals for the 2013-2014 season have now at least began previews, and most have opened. So with at least word of mouth thoughts available on all performances, what are your thoughts on the musical related Tony categories? Who will get nominated, who do you think will be the favorites, any sleepers, etc.? I'm also curious about discussions beyond Best Musical and Best Leading Actress, because there have been a few threads already established about these topics.

Off-Off Broadway Venues For Musicals?
 Mar 29 2014, 08:24:27 PM
Been awhile since I've been on here, but...hi.

Those of you in New York City or who are in the know of such things, what Off-Off Broadway venues do you know of that would be good for putting on a small-ish musical (Think very much a shoestring budget since I'm still not too far out of school). Appreciate any feedback.

EDIT: I wasn't 100 percent sure if this was the best fit, if this is better suited for the Off-Topic board, please feel free to move it.

Autism/Asperger's on Broadway?
 Dec 1 2013, 09:41:05 PM
As you may be able to tell by my username, I am a director. What you may not know about me is that I have a mild form of autism which is either exactly Asperger's or very close to it (exact diagnoses can be a bit tricky with the spectrum). And so I'm curious, be it actor, director, stage manager, etc., have there been any known cases of someone with autism or Asperger's working on the Great White Way? It's something I definitely want to try to aim for at some point, as I think many directors do,
How Many Of The 40 Broadway Theaters Have You Been To?
 Nov 29 2013, 08:43:37 PM
26. Specifically:

Al Hirschfeld
Ambassador
Bernard B. Jacobs
Booth
Broadhurst
Brook Atkinson
Cort
Ethel Barrymore
Eugene O'Neill
Foxwoods
Gerald Schoenfeld
Helen Hayes
John Golden
Longacre
Lunt-Fontanne
Majestic
Marquis
Music Box
Nederlander
Neil Simon
Palace
St. James
Shubert
Stephen Sondheim
Studio 54
Winter Garden

Fun Home Rush Line Questions
 Nov 22 2013, 03:18:55 PM
How long have Fun Home rush lines been for both matinees and evenings? Are the tickets guaranteed or no? Want to try to go this weekend and want to get a sense of whether there is a decent chance I can get one or two tickets this way. General only, sadly am not a student.
What Are Your Guilty Pleasure Shows?
 Nov 20 2013, 01:20:46 PM
I'm pretty sure we all have them. A show that you shouldn't like, but love. A show that you know has problems, but like it anyway. What's yours? Could be for any reasons

Mine is Rock Of Ages. By all accounts, this should be the type of musical I don't like. Obviously a jukebox and phoning in a plot based on pre-existing material. But there's something about the self-referencing nature and some of the side characters that I can't help but enjoy when I see it. It also doesn't hurt that th

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You