News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gabybon

gabybon Profile Photo
Member Name: gabybon
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: HAiR Remake?
 Jun 29 2013, 06:40:01 AM
I Hope (and prefer) for a dvd/blu ray of the Central Park last revival instead that a movie remake...
re: GREAT songs from FLOP musicals?
 May 13 2013, 06:52:36 PM
Close upon The Hour - King of Hearts
The Kid Inside - Is There life after High School?
Millwork - Working

Into the Woods Movie Cast
 May 10 2013, 08:11:25 AM
My dream movie cast:
Meryl Streep as the Witch
Kate Winslet (or Michelle Williams) as The Baker's Wife
Jim Sturgess as The Baker
Toni Colette as Jack's Mother
Ezra Miller as Jack
Amber Riley as Little Red Riding Hood
Johnny Deep as Wolf
Emma Watson as Cinderella
Aaron Tveit as Cinderella's Prince
Diego Boneta as Rapunzel's Prince
Dakota Fanning (or Evan Rachel Woods) as Rapunzel
Glen Close as Cinderella's Step Mother
Kristen Bell & A

re: Help: First Time on Broadway!
 Aug 21 2008, 11:21:39 AM
Thanks for all the answers pubblic and on PM
I'll find for the Hair tickets thread too...Thank you.

Help: First Time on Broadway!
 Aug 21 2008, 10:19:33 AM
Hi,
First: sorry for my bad English!
I'm Italian and from 27 August to 3 September I'll be in New York for my very first time!
I'm very interesting to see Gypsy and others new shows as Little Mermaid, Spring Awakening, Young Frankestein, Xanadu and so on, all the musicals that I couldn't see in London West End yet.
Some London West End Theatres (The houses of Wicked-Hairspray-Billy Elliot etc.) offers to anyone day-seats in the orchestra first row for 20 or 25 £. when the box office opens in the morning. So my questions are: Is the same for some Broadway musicals?
What price does it have a seat in the front row?
Every shows made this offer or only Gypsy?
Is It only for students? I'm an actor and writer, unfurtunatelly not a student.
Which musicals tickets generally offers the TKTS Discount Booths?
Last question: Which is the best way for taking the Central Park Hair tickets?
Too much questions? Sorry!
I Thank you for the help

re: Gypsy rush question
 Aug 21 2008, 09:20:35 AM
Hi,
First: sorry for my bad English!
I'm Italian and from 27 August to 3 September I'll be in New York for my very first time!
I'm very interesting to see Gypsy and others new shows as Little Mermaid, Young Frankestein, Xanadu and so on, all the musicals that I couldn't see in London West End yet.
Some London West End Theatres (Wicked-Hairspray-Billy Elliot etc.) offers day-seats in the orchestra first row for 20 or 25 £. when the box office opens in the morning. So my questions are: Is the same for some Broadway musicals?
What price does it have a seat in the front row?
Every shows made this offer or only Gypsy?
Is It only for students? I'm an actor and writer not a student.
I Thank you for the help

re: West End Wicked OLCR?
 Aug 25 2006, 07:08:09 AM
Wicked is very Popular in Europe...Here in Italy there are so many fans! It's incredible beacause Italy is not a so popular place for musical...Seams to be here in Italy a new cult cd as Rocky horror or Jesus Christ Superstar...And there's no movie of Wicked!!
the story and expecially the songs are so loved.
Also In Japan is becoming a cult, so I Think that if they'll made other 1000 different recordings of this show everyone of those cds will be best-sellers....

re: Salvation: A Rock Musical
 Aug 19 2006, 06:47:46 AM
Salvation:
Off Broadway 1969 run: 239.
Music;Lyrics and Book:Peter Link & C.C. Courteney.
Cast: Yolande Bavan; Peter Link; Martha Elfin; Joe Morton; Boni Enten; C.C. Corteney; Annie Rachel; Chapman Roberts…
The same authors made also an ideal sequel of this show called “Earl Of Ruston” (1971) who was a flop (only 5 performances) . Link composed also the score for “King Of Heart” another big Broadway flop…
The plot of Salvation is not very clear: was the classic off tribe

re: Salvation: A Rock Musical
 Aug 18 2006, 12:33:03 PM
I don't know if It's the same show but I have an old mc recording of Salvation a rock musical of Peter Link, a sort of Godspell with a banal rock score...the musical was a forgotten off bw show of 1969...The songs tells about religion, sex, drugs and Jesus...the logo is a sort of ellettric cross...I know that is avaible now alsdo on cd, but is not a masterprice, is a mix of Hair and Godspell but withhout a big score unfurtunatelly...
re: A to Z Broadway Musicals
 Jun 30 2006, 02:15:04 PM
Hi!
Some titles with Q:
The Quaker Girl (an old British show who run also in Broadway...but I think there's no recordings)
Quadrophenia (the who's rock opera and movie...In Germany was a stage version...maybe a cast album, who know?...)
Queen of Hearts (an off bw musical about Lady Diana...!!)
and Quilters off course...

re: The A-Z broadway game
 Jun 30 2006, 02:06:58 PM
Oh yes MrSweetNAwful: XANADU!...Maybe soon will be a stage musical
re: The A-Z broadway game
 Jun 30 2006, 02:02:57 PM
Poor Q and Z...and Y...

Q:
Quilters (off Bw 1984) or The Quaker Girl (Broadway...from London)
Y:
YOU’RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN (off) or The Yearling (Broadway)
Z:
Zanna Don't (off Bw) or Zorba (Broadway)

The only letter that I can't find a musical is X

re: Pippin New Ending
 May 16 2006, 11:34:57 AM
I Like the Bob Fosse ending that I saw on video...It's very peculiar and emotional, but It's also incomplete...It's a sort of open finale, but I really like It. If I could be the director of this show, I end the play with Pippin, Katherine and Theo who leave the Theater passing to the stall-audience and exit by the audience door, a sort of come back to the real life.
re: Why is WICKED so POPULAR?
 May 16 2006, 09:31:41 AM
Well, well...The years go and go and Wicked still remain one of the most discussed subject of this board. Also for this, bad or good, Wicked is a mega-success and made History. It's snob and stupid to think that this show not made the history of the musical and that It'll be forgotten...If you Like or not, It's a big success and It'll be for many years.
For me and many others It's a show with good and modern music, a good story, a good direction...It's a show who wins thanks the title and no

Pippin New Ending
 May 16 2006, 08:58:39 AM
Hi,
I'm reading that Schwartz created a new ending for the new revivals of his classic musical "Pippin" (I hope it'll arrive on Broadway soon).
I know that's a spoiler but I'm a big fan of this show, I'm Italian and I can see It...so, I'm too curious to know about this new finale...Are there someone who watch it and could tell me about it? Thanks

re: Favorite Opening Numbers
 Apr 4 2006, 10:01:53 AM
Fav. Opening numbers:
-Magic To Do (Pippin)
- No one Mourns the Wicked (Wicked)
-Prologue-Tower of Bable (Godspell)
-Seussical
-The Ballad of Sweeney Todd (Sweeney Todd)
-Company
-God Morning Baltimore (Hairspray)
-All That Jazz (Chicago)
-The Kid Inside (Is There life after High School?)
-Jellicle songs For Jellicle Cats (Cats)
-The Beautiful Game
-I Hope I get it (A Chorus Line)
-Rent

Fav.finale act 1:
-Defiyng Gravity (Wicked)

re: LESTAT - The New Carrie!
 Mar 28 2006, 06:36:53 AM
Sorry...I'm Italian, I don't know this show yet, but I'm a fan of the Anne Rice vampires saga...In the novel, Lestat become a rockstar, why the director of this musical choses Hugh Panaro, a good singer but with a style, a classic voice a "good-boy face" more suitable for romantic shows as Les Mis or Show Boat??...If I think to Lestat I think to a bad rock-guy as Adam Pascal...
Abaut a new Carrie...Carrie score is amazing, Are the Elton John songs for this show so nice?

re: Shows that need another recording
 Mar 15 2006, 12:51:42 PM
I hope someone will do another cast recording of:
-Wicked (maybe with the fortcoming London cast)
-The Baker's Wife
-The Magic Show
-Pippin
-Is There Life After High School?
-Beauty and the beast (with the new song)
-The Hunchback of Notre Dame (an english version of the german Disney's show)
-Elisabeth (an english version)
-The Fantasticks (with new cast and a modern sound)
-Finian's rainbow (as above)
-The Mistery of Edwin Drood
-High Spirits
re: Wicked Has Highest Box Office Gross for Any Show in History - $1,610,93
 Jan 4 2006, 11:50:03 AM
CONGRATULATION!
I'm very happy for this big succes! A good new and hope for the musical theater: a completely new, modern and original musical, without big stars (as Appelgate, Lane or Banderas for other shows) in the cast, without the nostalgia factor for golden ages (as Millie, Hairspray...) non based upon a very popular blockbuster movie... Wicked is a triumph!
Yes there's a good Maguire novel (but not so popular as "Harry Potter"), there's The Wizard Of Oz...but I think that people l

re: It's time for a Once on this Island Movie
 Dec 17 2005, 06:12:18 AM
I Love the show too! It's so magical...I saw it in London, wonderful cast and amazing version!
I think that more than a movie for cinema, It was better a big tv movie or a special realase for home video-dvd like "Joseph" and "Cats" official videos...
If they are thinking about a movie for cinema, they must ask to a very good director full of fantasy and genius...someone like Tim Burton maybe...It must be a very extravaganza and poetic movie!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You