News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HoundDoggydog

Member Name: HoundDoggydog
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Avenue Q licensing question  Dec 3 2014, 01:05:58 PM
It is not available through Samuel French, though they do sell the Libretto and the Vocal selections. Under the price, it says "Licensing not available through Samuel French".
Contract Limits  Oct 13 2014, 01:40:07 PM
Paljoey, how is anyone supposed to learn if they don't ask questions?

Correct, contracts are usually only for a year or so, and then get extended. Once a contract is up, it could simply not get renewed.

The Last Ship - Chicago  Jul 2 2014, 04:00:01 PM
I am visiting Chicago over the weekend, and am going to try and see it! Excited to report back.
tick, tick...BOOM! at City Center  Jul 1 2014, 02:49:22 PM
I saw this on Friday, and I am on the "loved it" side. For me, the funny thing is thatI went home, started to listen to the Raul Esparza recording, and I just couldn't listen to it. It fell flat for me after witnessing Lin's performance, even though his voice sounds so good on it. I didn't WANT him to sound that good. Lin had to work to sing every note, and I love how much it reminded me of Jonathan singing the songs.

Lin-Manuel Miranda Pays Tribute to Jonathan Larson  Jun 19 2014, 01:43:13 PM
Loved this. Makes me more excited to see this!

Rupert Grint joins IT'S ONLY A PLAY  Jun 17 2014, 05:13:52 PM
Sorry ClydeBarrow, apparently Hyperbole isn't allowed on the BWW. Better luck next time.
NY TIMES: Aladdin only sure Tony nominee  Apr 16 2014, 01:31:08 PM
I think saying "Aladdin is the only sure nominee" misinterprets the article just a bit. He says that it is "the closest thing to a hit", but not that it is a sure nominee (especially given the Disney's recent track record at the Tonys. I understand where the title comes from, but I think saying that is putting unintended words in Mr. Healy's mouth
Distorting quotes to hawk theater: how far are they allowed to go?  Apr 9 2014, 11:10:00 AM
They have to be careful though, because they do run the risk of people (like April and myself) going back to the full review, which makes them look bad. I think it is a mistake to treat your audiences like morons which is what the Atlantic did in this instance (and many others do.)

The Last Ship  Mar 29 2014, 03:31:56 PM
I think the commercial looks kind of cool too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nieXALavPVc#t=20

HELP - Broadway songs about being excited / deliriously happy  Mar 25 2014, 01:23:16 PM
It's Today- Mame

HELP - Broadway songs about being excited / deliriously happy  Mar 24 2014, 05:01:53 PM
Wonderful Day Like Today- Roar of the Greasepaint...
GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE... - Staying Power  Nov 22 2013, 06:19:15 PM
While I think the show is sort of fun and cute, I don't think it merits a full price ticket purchase, and believe eventually audiences will begin to feel the same way. I could be wrong, just my prediction.
GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE... - Staying Power  Nov 22 2013, 05:43:04 PM
My guess is that despite the great reviews, they start seeing really low numbers in January/February, but do their best to fight through to try and get to the Tony's in hopes that Jefferson Mays will win. Not sure if they will be able to though. And if Tony season doesn't go well for them, they will be done for.
Andrew Lippa Question  Nov 22 2013, 05:39:39 PM
I have started to wonder the same thing, actually. I didn't love Big Fish, but I disagree that the score is what did it in. I put the blame far more on direction and vision.

I hope that Lippa can write something successful soon to get past the critical schlump he is in.

GENTLEMEN'S GUIDE TO LOVE & MURDER -- Previews  Nov 20 2013, 11:21:15 AM
While I didn't hate the show, I don't think it deserved the raves that it got. To be honest, I was pretty bored for much of it. Everything about it just seemed "middle of the road." A light chuckle here and there. I agree that it will have a great regional life. It is a show that if someone asked me if they should see it, my answer is "only if your ticket is $40 or less". I couldn't, in good conscience, tell somebody to buy a full price ticket.
IF/THEN opening in DC tonight  Nov 8 2013, 02:34:22 PM
People need to learn the difference between "complained about" and "asked politely". qolbinau asked politely. Let's back off.
A TIME TO KILL to Close on Broadway on November 17  Nov 6 2013, 03:37:31 PM
My money is on Fun Home.
After Midnight . Better with an intermission  Nov 5 2013, 06:05:09 PM
I have to agree with HorseTears on this one. I think that an intermission would hurt the momentum. To make it work they would have to add more to the production, and quite frankly if they added more time to the show, it would start to lose its appeal. It was the perfect length. I am pretty sure if they added more time, audiences would start to get antsy since there is not a book.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You