News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for EvelynNesbit1906

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
Member Name: EvelynNesbit1906
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: TOMMY TUNE's 'TURN OF THE CENTURY'
 Sep 25 2008, 09:53:58 PM
I saw Turn of the Century yesterday, left orchestra, row C, so close that I could see beads of sweat on Jeff Daniels's forehead. This was a great production. I'm sure it will undergo quite a few changes prior to its Broadway run, but it works extremely well right now as a Drowsy Chaperone-ish light, fun (though still adult-oriented) show.

Patash, there are more songs than normal in the show but many are presented in montages. SPOILER: There is a hilarious segment shortly after

Fault Lines at Cherry Lane
 Sep 3 2008, 08:26:13 PM
I'm curious about this production starring Josh Lucas and directed by David Schwimmer, which was just announced yesterday following the cancellation of The Talk with Bobby Cannavale. It's debuting in a few weeks with a cast of familiar faces. However, until yesterday, there wasn't any press on it. Is that a red flag?

When I called the Cherry Lane this afternoon, the rep. wasn't confident that tickets would be on sale tomorrow - despite the fact that the first preview is scheduled for less than three weeks from today. Hmmmm. I'm no longer a resident of NYC, but I would like to extend my visit there toward the middle of this month to see Fault Lines in previews - assuming that it isn't cancelled, that Josh Lucas will be in it and that the play isn't only a last-minute substitute for The Talk.

http://baltimore.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=31765

re: August: Osage County rush
 Sep 1 2008, 05:53:04 PM
Hey COOOOLkid - I'm sitting in Row L Center-Rear Mezzanine (which I believe is the last row) when I see August: Osage County at the Music Box later this month. Hopefully, I made the right purchase. How were your seats in terms of the view and hearing the actors?
re: Who's NOT watching 'You're The One That I Want'?
 Jan 8 2007, 12:55:12 AM
This show is amusing. Marshall is wasting her time giving people who are clearly not appropriate for these roles second chances. Broadway is a huge investment; tourists are not going to pay big bucks to watch the frizzy-haired stubby teenage girl play opposite a middle-aged guy with gray hair.
re: RENT the movie: One Year Later? Your thoughts...
 Dec 30 2006, 11:17:16 PM
Well, a year later I'm able to say that I've lived in New York for several months - mostly in those dirty and unsafe neighborhoods that Rent's characters insist on preserving. I'd almost be pro-Benny were it not for the fact that his gentrification efforts just made the cost of living ridiculously high ... without eliminating enough of the graffiti and trash.

Long story short: Last year I thought the film was mostly a disaster on a technical level. This year I'm no longer very fond o

re: The Apple Tree.... Darn
 Dec 2 2006, 12:59:00 AM
I saw the Friday night performance and really enjoyed it.

Agree that it's anticlimactic (which is obviously the point with a certain act but perhaps shouldn't be with a certain other act) and the sets aren't fit for Broadway. However, Chenoweth does break from her 'routine' at the end of the first act - which I found moving in a way much more sincere than "I Have Been Changed for Good" in Wicked - and anyway, it's a routine that obviously works for the people lined up at the stage do

Looking for the name of an interactive stunt show...
 Nov 5 2006, 01:04:47 PM
This must have played Off-Broadway two or three years ago. The audience watches from below as stuntmen perform in the air. Usually, one comes down on a bunjee to pick up an audience member; there were reports of people getting hurt during the show.

Sound familiar?

Nixon's the One!
 Oct 20 2006, 03:32:54 PM
Teddy Roosevelt for sure.

I want to say Franklin Pierce too, but I'm not sure if it's because I'm fascinated by his little boy getting decapitated in front of him in a train wreck during the campaign.

re: Will Dreamgirls be the next Chicago?
 Oct 20 2006, 01:32:39 AM
I hope it'll be the next Chicago, but I'm hmmmmming over the fact that Jennifer Hudson is being pushed as 2007's Best Supporting Actress Oscar winner but is not featured prominently in the trailer, except for a speed reading of a line about singing lead. Hopefully the intense marketing will not backfire and the performances will be brilliant overall (at this point, they have to be brilliant to justify the hype).
re: WORKING actors.
 Oct 16 2006, 10:55:06 PM
"Why leave a hit?"

Delusional belief that said hit will breed similarly good opportunities?

Anyway...

I know a multi-Emmy award winning actress who, only a few years after winning her last Emmy, is considering returning to an administrative position at a law firm so that she doesn't have to live on a tight budget. No doubt there are also film stars who are debating leaving their homes for the humiliation of a day job or quietly growing broke.

re: Rob Marshall's new movie musical
 Oct 2 2006, 01:07:23 PM
Damn Yankees is a possibility.
re: Rob Marshall's new movie musical
 Oct 2 2006, 11:33:55 AM
If it's an adaptation of a stage show, then it needs to be a re-imagination. He has to equal or top Chicago. This means that I fully expect something wild like making Both Reached for the Gun a full puppet act.
Rob Marshall's new movie musical
 Oct 2 2006, 11:00:45 AM
Hmmm I wonder what it could be. Is "Untitled" just going to become "Gypsy" or will this be the original screen musical some of us have been dying to see? Either way, I love Rob and his work, so I'll be there opening day.
------------
The Weinsteins Reveal Upcoming Projects
Source: Variety October 2, 2006

The Weinstein Company is in talks with Lasse Hallström to direct Rain in Spain, a potential starring vehicle for Penélope Cruz, says Variety.

It also is b

re: What do actors do to pay the rent in between shows?
 Sep 29 2006, 11:54:28 PM
Ha.

I actually saw Dana at a play reading this past weekend. She was wearing one of those little girly backpacks that I see on tourists a lot.

re: Heather Headly wants to get back on stage
 Jul 1 2006, 02:37:32 AM
Hmmm. Somehow I doubt that there are just tons of leading roles for her on Broadway. I can understand her wanting to expand her horizons beyond Broadway's very limited audience.
re: Current Cast of Rent on Broadway?
 Jun 30 2006, 01:28:37 AM
Matt Caplan has gained weight?
re: Catherine Zeta-Jones in new film of Gypsy?
 Jun 14 2006, 01:47:21 AM
Some of the songs are just atrociously old-fashioned even for a show that takes place in the distant past ("May We Entertain You"), but considering what Marshall did with "We Both Reached for the Gun" and "Nowadays," I have little doubt that he could make Gypsy's score work.

I have always thought there was something very Faye Dunaway about Zeta-Jones so I suppose the bad mum could very well be the next best role for her. Of course, it might be better for Rob Marshall's film career to w

re: Mommie Dearest the musical
 Jun 5 2006, 03:35:50 PM
C, remember Christina is sent away twice - once to the Chadwick School for Spoiled Children of Celebrities and then to a convent on top of a mountain. That's where she befriends a nun and mistakes herself for one right until she meets "Daddy" by the pool.

Other parts of the book that should be incorporated into the musical:
- Joan punishing Christina for wearing her coat in class by insisting that she go to school wearing nothing but the coat and panties.
- Joan harassing C

re: Pryce and Butz Depart Scoundrels July 16
 Jun 5 2006, 03:18:10 PM
Is Brian gaining weight for the role?
re: Mommie Dearest the musical
 Jun 4 2006, 04:26:30 PM
Several of the actors playing Mr. Cellophane in "Chicago" could really have a blast with Al Steele...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You