News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for OpenDoors

OpenDoors Profile Photo
Member Name: OpenDoors
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Rear Mezz at the American Airlines Theater
 Aug 30 2009, 04:27:50 PM
I think the general rush is the same as hiptix. Same price ($21.50) and same seats. but then the student rush is whatever is left over at the end of the day, sold at half price.

Can someone confirm that I have it correct?

Ah, too many options too many options lol.

re: The Rear Mezz at the American Airlines Theater
 Aug 28 2009, 03:38:10 PM
My friend who is a big person said that he felt extremely clausterphobic and uncomfortable in the rear mezz too, like he couldn't fit his legs into the seat and had to sit sideways lol. But I'm not a huge person so I think it will be ok for me, just as long as I don't feel like I'm that high up.

Thanks!

The Rear Mezz at the American Airlines Theater
 Aug 28 2009, 03:26:30 PM
Honestly, how bad is it back there? I can't decide if I should do hiptix for After Miss Julie (rear mezz only), or go the day of- to try to score some half priced tickets a half hour before curtain (whatever seats are remaining for that performance).

Are the seats really high up there? Because I also have a slight issue with vertigo, and if it's nose bleed inducing than I think I'll just do the student rush.

re: Looking for something a bww user posted regarding SITPWG
 Jun 30 2008, 06:49:14 PM
That's the one ^

Both are perfect, LMAO.

Thank you so much

re: SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE Closing Weekend Details Here
 Jun 30 2008, 05:58:33 PM
JOJ shaved his beard right after he closed the Les Mis Revival back in January. I think it's a ritual with some actors. Does anyone know if he did the same when SITPWG closed on the west end?
Looking for something a bww user posted regarding SITPWG
 Jun 30 2008, 05:56:01 PM
I remember coming across a hilarious photoshop of "Sunday at La Grande Jatte" that someone here made a couple months ago maybe. I think it's tagline was "If John Doyle Had Directed SITPWG". Really funny stuff, I'd like to make it into my wallpaper but I can't find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
re: Anyone see any Bway stars perform before they 'made it'...?
 Jun 30 2008, 02:08:19 AM
Sierra Boggess on tour in Les Miz, Max Von Essen in summerstock Cabaret.
re: SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE Closing Weekend Details Here
 Jun 30 2008, 02:03:41 AM
I second that. Beautifully said Mrs. Pennywise. I can only hope that there was a brave soul in the audience today and that show will pop up on that website that I cannot mention some day soon.
re: What is your LEAST favorite musical ever?
 Jun 30 2008, 02:01:12 AM
Cats
Camelot
Aida
Tanz Der Vampire

re: Dave's Last Sunday with George :-(
 Jun 30 2008, 01:59:00 AM
There is a very long and wonderful discussion on SITPWG about 10 below yours, just in case you're interested in reading anyone elses opinions.
re: Alexander Gemignani = Awesome
 Jun 30 2008, 01:55:48 AM
Really no one is going to enlighten me when it comes to Magic Phil? someone will transcribe almost the entire Ashley Brown monologue but not this? How curious.
re: Alexander Gemignani = Awesome
 Jun 28 2008, 07:32:32 PM
I have been a fan of Alex's from the time he was in Sweeney Todd.
I have a question that I think many will be able to answer: Can someone explain 'Magical Phil'? Not everyone here went to 'Dont Quit Your Night Job' and it's not up on Youtube yet.

re: Who is the equivalent of Cate Blanchett on Broadway.
 Apr 18 2008, 10:42:05 PM
Sutton Foster is so one note, which is the opposite of what Cate is. Audra Mcdonald comes closest in my mind.
re: Another Sunday In The Park With George extension?
 Apr 18 2008, 10:40:31 PM
If SITPWG does get extended until Labor Day, will the original cast stay on? I suppose it depends on it's success at the Tonys, but I distinctly remember that Jenna mentioned in the past that she had prior commitments and would not be able to stay long with the show. It would be a shame if Daniel and Jenna could not stay until the end.
Is Blake Bashoff definitely leaving SA in May?
 Apr 18 2008, 10:33:23 PM
I haven't gotten a chance to see him in Spring Awakening yet, the last time I saw the show was in October 07. I'd love to see him as Moritz just once before he leaves. And I was thinking that since he obviously won't be returning to LOST in a major way, is there a possibility that he will be extending his contract? I won't be able to make it to NYC until July.

Any input would be appreciated, thanks! (Sorry if this has been discussed before, I did do a search but nothing came up)

Has anyone done student rush for Les Miz lately?
 Jul 12 2007, 02:23:36 AM
This is my last Les Miz question I will ever have, I promise. So I'm going to have a free week in Nyc coming up before I go back to the west coast, and I may want to check out one of Alex G.'s last performances or one of Drew S.'s first performances if I have the time.

I know there has already been a thread on this (yes I did do a search) but it was from all the way back in February, so my question is:

Has anyone done student rush lately (lately as in meaning this summer) and

re: A very quick question about Broadhurst seating
 Jun 26 2007, 03:57:39 PM
Thanks guys. Except I was in a hurry last night because I wanted to have tickets printed out by this morning (It's my friend's birthday today and these tix were part of her gift), and when I didn't get any responses I went ahead and got the row B seats.

She said she hates seeing shows on Saturday night so that's why I got the B seats, because they were for Friday night. I thought they'd be way too close, but I guess it's not a big deal.

So does anyone know how limited our view will be? Someone mentioned that sitting in row B ruined it for her a little bit, so now I'm sad that I payed $240 for them.

re: A very quick question about Broadhurst seating
 Jun 26 2007, 01:44:02 AM
ok, 7 people viewed this and no one answered? Oh man, it's just basically a yes or no question, no need to elaborate if you don't want to. Help a girl out please. :)
A very quick question about Broadhurst seating
 Jun 26 2007, 01:37:33 AM
Is row B center going to be way too close to the stage? I've never been to that theater before and I've only seen Les Miz once in my life about 6 years ago so I don't particularly remember if the stage was high or not. I do remember that a lot of action happened way up on the barricades though, so will I be able to see everything that's going on up there or in the back of the stage?

It's either that or Row E for a Saturday evening performance, I would prefer those seats but my friend is

re: CERVERIS at CBGBs
 Oct 10 2006, 04:43:35 PM
No, I think the tribute concerts are with the Loser's Lounge. This just said 'CERVERIS'.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You