News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for erikrokks

erikrokks Profile Photo
Member Name: erikrokks
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: BroadwayWorld Presents: 'The Wedding Singer' First Look Video!
 Feb 18 2006, 12:51:04 PM
I saw the show last weekend and loved every minute of it. It was one of the best shows I've seen in quite a long time. Sure it's not going to sweep the Tonys or anything, but it was incredibly fun...I liked it even better than Hairspray. Yeah, you heard me. :)
Laura B...wow! She has quite the pipes. It's just too bad that you don't get the full effect that any of these singers have based on that video preview.
I really don't understand why some people are complaining that the 80'

re: WICKED Denver stage door pics from LaMerm...
 Oct 4 2005, 09:33:02 AM
Wow! Kendra is the type of girl who could make me re-think this whole gay thing. She's a little hottie! I assumed that she wouldn't look THAT different out of costume/makeup/hair, but she looks amazing!
re: 2007 Wicked tour tickets on sale?!?!?
 Sep 29 2005, 12:36:24 PM
I'm not a season package subscriber, but I do receive the Denver Center's newsletters, so I think that's how I get the early on-sale notices.
2007 Wicked tour tickets on sale?!?!?
 Sep 29 2005, 08:30:56 AM
How early have you seen tickets go on sale for a touring show before the show arrives in your city?

I'm sure it's just a "quick money thing", but I received an email yesterday from the Denver Center for the Performing Arts that Wicked tickets for the return visit in May-June 2007 are going on sale this Monday. Doesn't that seem like a REALLY long time away for tickets to be going on sale?

Incedentally, I have no problem with them going on sale this soon, as evidenced by the fa

Won the Denver Wicked lottery (again)!
 Sep 28 2005, 09:37:19 AM
So I won the Wicked tour lottery for the second time last night. One of my co-workers really wanted to see it so we gave it a whirl and it paid off! There were well over 200 people there this time so we really didn't think we had a chance...
So if anyone read my review from last weekend, you know that I liked the touring production, but it wasn't amazing.
Uncageg-I don't know if somehow the sound was changed or fixed, but it was MUCH better than last week. There were still some spok

re: Who was the best Belle?
 Sep 28 2005, 09:20:26 AM
My fav is Deborah Gibson...she really embodied Belle's spirit the best out of the 4 Belles I've seen. Plus, she's by far the nicest stage door hanger-outer.
re: Who here has seen PRINCESSES?
 Sep 27 2005, 10:08:10 AM
I saw Princesses and I actually thought it was pretty good. Of course a show in that stage of the game has a lot of things to improve upon and add/delete, but it was entertaining. I thought all of the female performers had amazing voices, although the 2 males did absolutely nothing for me. If they could only change one thing, they should take out the male love interest (can't remember his name) who looked like a combo of Justin Timberlake/Gerardo/Danny Zuko. His part was completely pointless
re: Kendra missing Wicked often?
 Sep 26 2005, 04:22:46 PM
I know that she has been out at least twice since the show opened here in Denver on 9/16/05. I saw it on 9/17/05 and one of my co-workers saw it last week and she was out both of those.
re: Stephanie J. Block's Q&A posted tomorrow!
 Sep 23 2005, 09:33:58 AM
Nope...no Wicked love last night. I don't know what you look like uncageg, but I had my eyes peeled for what I thought you'd look like. LOL! I was kind of surprised how many people were there for the lottery. I guess I'm glad that I went on opening night when there were only about 60 people. Good call on trying during the Bronco game, uncageg...hmmm...
re: Wicked Tour 9/17 Night
 Sep 22 2005, 06:37:45 PM
I have a friend from work who wants to go, so I'm going again tonight to try the lottery! I'll let you know...
 Sep 21 2005, 12:53:18 PM
I completely agree with Uncageg..."moments of wonderfullness" is the perfect way to describe nearly everyone's performances. I have such a love for the story and the show that I don't think I conveyed that adequately in my review. Also, now that it was mentioned, it did seem kind of rushed through. Plus, I thought the sound was terrible because of where I was sitting, but apparently it was that way everywhere. For my b/f "a couple of things got lost" because it was hard to hear the supportin
 Sep 20 2005, 05:11:29 PM
Hey Uncageg-
Looks like our favorite Denver critic, John Moore, has done it again...He really has a bad habit of hating a show and putting it down in every way...well at least until he sees that the show he panned is actually doing really well. Then he seems to change his tune. Hmmm...BKLYN anyone???

Wicked tour reviews - 9/16 & 9/17
 Sep 19 2005, 12:11:38 PM
Ok, so here's the run-down of my Wicked weekend here in Denver...I already had tickets to Saturday's matinee, but I didn't want to risk not seeing one of the leads in case they happened to be out for the matinee. So my boyfriend and I decided that we'd try the opening night lottery. Surprisingly, I was the 4th name that they called so we were able to see the show on Friday night from the 1st row! Here are my thoughts and comparisons if you are interested...
Fiyero-I liked Derrick Wil

re: Stephanie Block back?
 Sep 15 2005, 04:35:30 PM
Hey uncageg! Long time, no talk! I know those seats are terrible. But I am going to attempt the lottery a time or two because the seats I have for Saturday are in nearly the same spot as where I saw it twice in NY (similar distance and angle). I would really just like to get a closer vantage point, even if I would miss portions of the sets. We'll have to chat and compare notes next week...
re: Stephanie Block back?
 Sep 15 2005, 09:22:09 AM
Awesome! Hearing all the excitement about her being back in the show makes me all the more anxious to see the show on Saturday! I thought she was great in Oz, so I'm sure I'll love her in this. Before the show sold out in about 2 minutes (almost), they were promoting the show on all the radio stations here and they sounded amazing. It will be interesting to compare the differences between the NY version and the touring version. I'll give my review after Saturday!
Stephanie Block back?
 Sep 14 2005, 05:27:18 PM
Forgive me if this has been posted a gazillion times recently, as I haven't been able to check the boards very often lately...
Anyway, any news on whether or not Stephanie Block is back as Elphie for the Denver stop? I'm curious to see how she interprets the character, but would prefer to see Eden. I know most information I've read says that Ms. Block would "hopefully return for the Denver run", so wasn't sure if there was an update.

re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
 Feb 17 2005, 01:47:11 PM
Wow...Constantine was TERRIBLE as Roger. True in a different setting he might be a good singer, but as Roger, he completely disappointed me. I spent the entire show thinking in my head "Why was he cast as Roger?".

Luckily the next time I saw it, I had the pleasure of seeing Jeremy Kushnier (sp?). He rocked it out!

re: Kristoffer Cusick in Wicked-why still just the understudy
 Dec 12 2004, 12:21:29 AM
I wish he would've gotten Fiyero. We have a mutual friend so when he was in Rent I got to hang out with him and watch a rehearsal before the show. He's very personable, not to mention amazingly sexy. Hopefully he'll get a bigger part in a show soon.
Something for BKLYN fans to look forward to...
 Dec 7 2004, 08:58:19 PM
Well I know there's been lots of BKLYN bashing going on, but there is great news for those of us who truly admire and enjoy the show.

I've heard via the grapevine that Lee Morgan is coming back to BKLYN! I am not sure if it's as an understudy or what, but this is awesome. Kevin is great and all, but the emotion and pain that the actor portraying Taylor needs to have is so much more evident in Lee's performance.

I was so sad when I heard that he wasn't going to be involved w

re: Karen Olivo
 Nov 28 2004, 07:34:41 PM
I saw Karen as Mimi a few years ago and she was great! I was so excited because it was the 4th or 5th time I had seen Rent and it was the first time I had seen a Mimi who could actually sing the you-know-what out of the songs.

One of the best qualities that Karen has is that she is so genuine. I met her after seeing BKLYN a few weeks ago and she was extremely appreciative of the comments that people were showering her with. She wasn't like some Broadway performers who give you a fake

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You