News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FutureDirector

FutureDirector Profile Photo
Member Name: FutureDirector
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Mar 14 2019, 12:36:20 AM

I've heard Sutton from a couple of reliable industry friends. But who knows.

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD Previews  Nov 2 2018, 12:49:42 AM

I'll jump in and say that I was just as blown away as the previous poster. It's a truly incredible evening. I put it on the same level with Ferryman. It's another one of the tightest ensemble casts I've ever seen. Daniels turns in an almost perfect performance, never once making me think about Gregory Peck. He captures Atticus' optimism in a way I'd never noticed was there. in my mind he's currently the tony front runner, and we could see any combination

What is still to be announced for 2018-19 season ?  Oct 23 2018, 02:02:23 PM

My friend got approached about investing in Spiderwoman with Audra. So that solves that. But they're not sure if that will make it in this season or next.

Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?  Oct 11 2018, 07:24:13 PM

I keep hearing from industry friends that despite all the efforts to put the show into a proscenium, Hadestown is still trying to book circle for the spring, however OOTI producers (meaning Ken) are holding on for dear life. It does make sense as Hadestown is still planning to come in this spring even though there are very few available theaters .

THE FERRYMAN Previews  Oct 3 2018, 12:07:16 AM

Adding myself to the list of people completely blown away. Before today I wasn't sure it could live up to the hype. It's a really good play that Sam Mendes delivers to utter perfection. In a lesser directors hands they would not have been able to play with all of the many tones and shades of the story and all the colorful characters with such amazing clarity.

A perfect cast, especially the previously listed Considine, Donnelley (who could possibly end up on stage at radio c

Is  Sep 3 2018, 02:22:30 AM

It's so early we can't rule out what else is going to come in. Especially with the incredibly likely transfers of "Hadestown" and "Girl From the North Country." The all of a sudden we throw into the mix Patrick Page (another long overdue vet) and Stephen Bogardus (taking over the role Ciaran Hinds was nominated for an Olivier for) respectively.

THIS AIN'T NO DISCO thread  Jul 1 2018, 01:34:41 AM

I was there tonight as well. I'd consider it a train wreck of a piece of writing givn a first rate production. A real exercise in sh*t polishing. The design is spectacular, the staging is top notch, performances good (particularly the main girl and the guy who played the Worhol character), the score is interesting (maybe not top shelf Trask, but worth a second listen), but man what a disaster of a book and story. The characters never get past bland cliches, the moments carry little t

Tony dress rehearsal standby line  Jun 10 2018, 03:08:45 PM
For those who went to the dress, any reports?
NYT Profile of Joe Mantello  May 31 2018, 08:28:21 AM
From what I've heard the other musical fighting for a spot at the Public right now is "Girl From North Country"
Billie Piper to reprise her Olivier Winning performance in  Apr 15 2018, 12:36:00 PM
Any chance this transfers? It's selling out the armory and that's close to a midsize Broadway Theater (around 800 seats)
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Sat. 4/14 - 2 Tickets  Apr 14 2018, 12:07:03 AM

PMed you

Heathers to the West End  Apr 13 2018, 04:40:10 PM
When I checked this morning they were cheaper tickets available, they're just selling really fast I know the website crashed a couple of times due to traffic.
Billie Piper to reprise her Olivier Winning performance in  Apr 11 2018, 01:59:56 AM
I googled it. Not only that. But there are 2 indentical sets. One moving up and down and one sliding in and out. Though the kitchen change they said is done with crew in night vision goggles grinding actors and furniture because it's in pitch black.
Billie Piper to reprise her Olivier Winning performance in  Apr 11 2018, 01:33:19 AM

Ok, how do they do the set changes? I've been trying to figure it out for a week since I saw it and I'm stuck. This is honestly the first time I've ever seen a show and not been able to figure the technical side out at all. Especially with the floor. Someone else has to have figured it out. Please anyone! I'm dying here.

Way too early 2018 Tony Predictions Thread  Mar 23 2018, 03:37:44 PM

With it being such a light year for new musicals and no clear front runner in the choreography category, could this be the year we finally see Steven Hoggett take home a tony for Cursed Child which would be long overdue? Just the sheer volume of choreography that's in that piece over five and a half hours I think puts it on par with some of his best work.

HP 'magic' - spoilers huge  Feb 26 2018, 11:08:04 PM

Thats funny. I found the telephone booth to be the most obvious. That, the dementors and the fight with Malfoy were the few moments where I found fault in the otherwise brilliant production.

The Low Road at The Public  Feb 26 2018, 04:17:13 PM
I recognized him from his RSC work, but this is the first time I've seen him live in New York. So I guess I thought this was his first major New York role.
The Low Road at The Public  Feb 25 2018, 02:09:22 AM

Completely Agree! I found act 1 more engaging than Act 2 (it's just more tightly structured), but Act 2 had me by the end. Michael Grief's work on this and the production design is somewhat mind blowing especially when you consider what they're up against in that space. And the actor that plays John Blanke (not sure how it's spelled) is giving a breakout performance.

I was already excited as a big Bruce Norris fan but this blew my expectations. The scene that invol

ANGELS IN AMERICA (2018) Previews  Feb 24 2018, 12:53:32 AM
Was there this evening and it ran 4 hours even.
Queens at LCT3  Feb 22 2018, 11:11:06 PM
I saw it last week. It was fine but didn't earn the 3.5 hour runtime
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You