News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for strelimyn

strelimyn Profile Photo
Member Name: strelimyn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.youtube.com/user/singronking
Blog Address: http://sumladfrompa.tumblr.com

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is it too early to post about romantic songs/shows for Valentine's Day???  Feb 10 2013, 08:38:55 PM
Valentine's Day - Jonathan Larson

Kidding.

Best Unknown Cast Recording of Popular Shows  Jan 27 2010, 09:41:36 PM
I will definitely have to agree with the Vienna cast recording of Hair. Just simply amazing.
I'm also a big fan of the Swedish recording of Rent. Also updated orchestrations and great vocal performances.

re: New West Side Story TV Commercial...  Oct 11 2009, 02:19:48 PM
That was amazing. Love it!
re: TOMMY TUNE'S BYE BYE BIRDIE  Oct 8 2009, 06:53:20 PM
Why helloooo there, Mister Kudisch. Hello there, indeed.
re: Funny shows you don't find funny?  Aug 3 2009, 11:57:13 AM
I'm going to have to agree with The Producers. Just ... was not funny or enjoyable to me at all.

re: Castalbum.org is back... under a new name!  Jun 13 2009, 06:21:55 PM
Thanks for posting about this! I was starting to get a bit worried.

Here's mine
http://castalbumcollector.com/users/1242/collection

re: Party-hopping with Nicole Parker and Alli Mauzey  Jun 12 2009, 03:30:37 PM
Oh man, absolute hilarity. I love them!!
re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)  Jun 12 2009, 03:27:36 PM
RentBoy86 - I've actually been wondering about David Ayers also. According to Wikipedia, he lives in Boulder, Colorado where he formed a Musical Theatre studio called Broadway in Boulder. Hmm.

re: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs expecting first child  Mar 31 2009, 06:40:38 PM
Congrats to them!

As my friend says, "That kid is gonna be smokin' hot with a killer voice."

American Idiot  Mar 30 2009, 12:22:04 PM
I am very interested in seeing how this show develops. When the album first came out, I remember loving it for its sense of storytelling. Ha, I remember even attempting to concoct storylines to go with the songs - but a playwright I definitely am not. But yeah, I intend to follow this project. Very interesting.
re: Orchestra spillage into boxes...  Mar 5 2009, 03:20:13 AM
TimeSquare3 - thanks for clearing that up
re: Hello, Dolly! score question  Mar 4 2009, 11:26:01 AM
Yeah, there are two scores available to be rented. At my old high school, my director was very passionate about the show and really wanted a Channing-esque Dolly but almost bought the soprano score because it was difficult finding a girl to sing so low. Good thing she did. I absolutely love when the role is played by a deep and brassy alto.
re: Norber Leo Butz and the Pillsbury Doughboy  Mar 4 2009, 11:08:09 AM
Haha! Yeah I saw the commercial two nights ago. My friends and I are just watching television, and the commercial comes on. I gasp and exclaim, "Whoa ... Norbert Leo Butz!!" to which my friends just stare at me. Great.
re: High School Musical to Debut in 2010 on the Disney Channel  Mar 4 2009, 11:01:28 AM
*sigh* Just when I thought it was over. I have this aching feeling that this franchise will continue to haunt me for the rest of my days.
re: Orchestra spillage into boxes...  Mar 4 2009, 10:53:53 AM
I may just be hallucinating, but I think I remember reading or watching somewhere that the percussionist in Legally Blonde was placed in one of the boxes. Can anyone yay or nay this? If this is true, I didn't notice anything strange sound-wise when I saw it - but I was in the orchestra. I wonder if it was noticeable to those in the balcony.
re: You Know It's Community Theatre When...  Jan 28 2009, 07:05:21 PM
When your director's bright idea of a vocal rehearsal is having the cast sit in a circle and sing repeatedly along with the cast recording.

Ugh.

re: Who did you see before they were famous??  Jan 17 2009, 01:19:26 AM
A woman I work with just let me borrow a tape of a production of "Company" 26 years ago in which she starred alongside Isabel Keating as Joanne. A fantastic portrayal!
re: Jenifer Lewis to star in revival of 'Hello Dolly'.  Jan 12 2009, 12:56:23 AM
Holy balls! This is the best news I've heard all day. I love this show, and I am definitely making the trip to see Miss Lewis. This is great.
Better/worse live than on the cast recording?  Dec 22 2008, 04:00:07 PM
Hey guys! I don't know if this has been discussed already (if it has, I'm sorry for making another thread). Are there any Broadway performers who you believe did better live than what you perceived from the cast recording to the show?

ETA: To make things interesting, are there any performers who found were worse than their performances on the cast recording?

Aaand discuss!

re: vocal flubs  Dec 14 2008, 03:11:04 AM
oohshiz, I want to say that the voices in the beginning of "Portrait of a Girl" are the people laughing at the "Good with her hands" joke at the end of "Confession" immediately before the song.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You